I was in Key West on business. I checked in and went to my room. Check-in was great, staff were freindly and efficient. How do I describe my $400/room of the Waldorf Astoria brand? How's this: Shame on the "equity group" that bought this hotel brand. It makes me weep when I compare it to the Waldorf Astoria in New York City. The room was...just not good.
If my wife had been with me, she would have asked for a room switch, hopefully she would have let me come with her. After comparing my room with my business colleagues', changing rooms would not have helped, they were all variations of the same. The only improvement might have been a room on the ocean/pool side. My view? The parking lot. (plant a few bushes for goodnessake). When I say view of the parking lot, I am talking vehicle license plates within touching distance out my window.
This resort has so many good things to offer. Staff were great. Spectacular ocean-front spot. The history of the resort is a great story and they have preserved a lot of it in the public spaces. Pool side bar is nice with good service. A lot of families with kids, only enhanced the fun atmosphere.
But, that darn room. With its tile floor, tired furnishings, broken iron, bed on a steel box frame, chipped bath tub, and paper-thin walls all take me back to my dorm room days, not a Waldorf Astoria. This resort would have failed me miserably were it not for the non-room postives. My advice: Know exactly what you are getting into and decide for yourself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired hotel sits on a 1,100-foot private beach a mile from Duval Street. Our historic beachfront resort combines 1920s ambiance with a chic, contemporary flair, features sophisticated accommodations, complete with LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, and an in-room espresso, coffee, and tea maker. Amenities include: two tropical pools, water-sports activities, spa services, poolside cabanas, Sun/Sun Bar & Grill serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The Lobby Lounge for tapas and libations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Casa Marina Resort Key West
- Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Florida