Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #40 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Whether you have a three days or a month, Casa Marina is the place to go. Relax on the beach or at the beach front pools each complete with towel service, drinks, and dining. Take advantage of the many activities offered by the Watersports, Beach and Pool staff. For those on the go, you can rent a jet ski, take a tour of the island by water, rent bikes, parasail and that is just a few activities they offer. For those who like to stay close to home or have small kids, every day offers a new activity like jewelry-making, painting seashells, pirate coin dive, and swimming races. The staff is friendly, and fast, attending to your every need. Be sure to say hello to Mark, the outside Director who will make sure you have what you need to enjoy each and every day. This type of service is VERY hard to find these days so my suggestion, check out Casa Marina for yourself. You will never want to leave.

1  Thank Carson H
Write a ReviewReviews (7,506)

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I reached out early to Evelyn Summer (VIP Manager) and Cathie Henning (Concierge) to help me plan my trip and they were wonderful. Cathie set me up on water activities and Evelyn made sure my accommodations were just right. Thanks to you both.

Things I liked about this hotel

1). The Private Beach
2). The Full Gym
3). The distance to Duval St. I love to walk, so about a 20 min walk.
4). Maid service was great.
5). Room was awesome.
6). The Staff

Dislike:
1). The walls are paper thin.

Not a 5 star hotel in my mind, but definitely a 4 star. The staff is really eager to help, but you have to do some work on your end as well. Reach out them and be friendly.

Here are some restaurant suggestions

1). Blue Heaven
2). Better than Sex
3). Camiles
4). Banana Cafe
5). El Siboney

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SteveRalegih
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We read a series of reviews prior to our trip and they seemed pretty negative . We were concerned and actually phoned the hotel ahead of time to find out if there was any truth to the stories, for instance, of the rooms being no better than dorm rooms.
I am very pleased to report that the hotel, we are in the main building, third floor, is terrific. Very comfortable, large, well appointed rooms. Our kids are in an adjourning room. The food, the staff, the waterfront staff and the entire place has made for a great visit to Key West.
I recommend this place and would be pleased to be coming here in the futer.

Room Tip: Main building, high floor
1  Thank Bill F
Reviewed 11 April 2012

The Casa Marina was great! The location was close enough to Duval Street to enjoy it, but far enough away for tranquility.Dinner on the pier was very romantic and the views were amazing. What made our stay fantastic was the superb service of three employees. Mike at the beach always made sure we had that perfect spot at the beach. Ryan at the beach brought us all those extra comforts the resort has to offer. Erik at the beach bar and grill not only made sure we had enough to eat and drink, but was entertaining as well. Many thanks to these three gentleman for making our vacation one we will always remember.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I stayed here last August. On arrival from Miami we had checke in and got to our room. We had issues with the room security and to get it sorted was a real challenge. We were offered another room eventually as the maintenance guy had gone home and the patio would not lock. Staff were a little vague and I have received better service from other properties and didnt feel that this represented a 5 star resort. The Pool and beach areas were excellent and the staff there were very attentive and good spirited coming round frequently with ice lollies, cold scented face towels and the bar food was of good quality. Car park staff were ok but expected a tip even though I insisted on getting my own vehicle. Growing sales through service???

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view room and highest category possible. Lead in ocean view can be a little small
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JetsetJR
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My family just returned from Casa Marina in Key West. The hotel is a 5-10 minute cab ride away which is really nice. The hotel is a very nice property with excellent service. Everyone we encountered on the property was very courteous and willing to assist. The suite was spacious and clean. The breakfast buffet is awesome. The highlight of the trip was the service by the staff around the beach and pools. They offered excellent service with a smile. It seemed as if they were working from sunrise to sunset. They are extremely kid friendly and offer a few special treats throughout each day. A special thank you to Mark Gray for his interaction with our group and our kids. He made our last day even more enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Steve T, Manager at Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Dear Randy G,

We love your review! We are so glad you were able to enjoy our resort, it's service, amenities and wonderful activities. We will certainly recognize Mark and the other staff members. We look forward to seeing you on a return visit!

Reviewed 10 April 2012

We just returned from Keywest a few weeks ago...My husband and I wanted to get away for a serveral days and celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We have never been to keywest but hearing good things about it we decided to look into it. We wanted to stay at the Casa Marina Resort but they were booked because of spring break so we stayed at their sister hotel The Reach. Very nice and quiet its what we were looking for. We stayed at the Reach and walked over to the Casa Marina for a different look..All beautiful!
Before we got to Keywest I wanted to suprise my husband with something special I called the concierge and spoke with Genevieve she was awesome. She e-mailed me a few ideas and then spent sometime with me on the phone to explain different things we could do. I decided to suprise my husband with dinner on the beach at the Casa Marina ..WOW what a night to remember! dinner for two with our toes in the sand, and we even lucked out. There was a wedding going on right next to us. So, after we finished dinner we used their music and danced on the beach! Very romantic! We finished the evening with one last glass of wine infront of an open fire nestled up on a comfy couch. Perfect night! Thank you Genevieve,,,Highly recommend dinner on the beach and calling Genevieve to help with reservations. One regret not getting a chance to meet her! Till next time ....Again thanks for the awesome memories!!!!
Cheri P.