We are regular participants of couples massage therapy back home. Although we prefer hot stone, in lieu, my husband prefers a regular Swedish massage and a deep tissue for me.
As we did not stay in this resort, I did not want to rate this review based only on one service that was experienced; on-beach couples massage. I would rate the couples massage an overall, generous 2 of 5 stars because my husband's massage therapist (Heather from England) was "better" (though the have never seen a regular Swedish massage done with heavy chopping and deep tissue work) than mine (Livia or Olivia from Italy) who had no interest in performing the massage much less the deep tissue massage that was requested and few areas of focus. Livia tended to lack focus and enthusiasm. She primarily shook my body from side to side, and played with my long hair excessively twisting it round and round. She was ok with the neck and foot massage. She did not focus on my tight calves at all but oiled me there ever so lightly and finished before the time...and shook me back and forth again while she watched Heather finish her heavy chopping. She did not tell me she was done either... Not worth the $250 though I am glad that it did not cost more that this fairly normal cost.
The sound of the waves, swaying palsm, and gulls were nice, although, their tikis were located in the "Activity Area" where a very large group of jet ski tour group was getting their orientation from a very giddy and loud guide for a very long time...the massage therapist even commented on the length of his speech... This was on the right side on the beach. Left side on the beach was the sun bathers and lots of screaming kids and a long dock with crying kids where parents were trying to get them to try swimming. The back side was a walkway to the activity rental building where people walked back and forth but that wasn't bad. Directly behind the massage tikis was the volleyball play area and kiddie play area with little games where kids screeched on and off. This was expected but the quality of massage from a Waldorf Astoria Resort is unexpectedly and extremely disappointing.
We will not do this again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired hotel sits on a 1,100-foot private beach a mile from Duval Street. Our historic beachfront resort combines 1920s ambiance with a chic, contemporary flair, features sophisticated accommodations, complete with LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, and an in-room espresso, coffee, and tea maker. Amenities include: two tropical pools, water-sports activities, spa services, poolside cabanas, Sun/Sun Bar & Grill serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The Lobby Lounge for tapas and libations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, Nozio Netplan srl, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Casa Marina Resort Key West
- Casa Marina Key West
- Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Key West, Florida