Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
US$329
US$263
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Sunset Key Cottages(Key West)
US$923
US$348
US$297
US$361
US$339
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Havana Cabana at Key West(Key West)
US$199
US$169
Hotels.com
7,663 results
All reviewssun sunbeach stafffrozen towelsadult poolprivate beachthe jet ski tourhistoric hotelself parkingpool serviceduval streetocean viewpalm treeslouie's backyardmain buildingsunset cruisesister propertygreat resort
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We stayed here with our two kids during the Easter Break thinking this would be a great place to enjoy the beach and pools in between exploring Key West. There was a Urologist convention going on at the same time.
So...Beach? What beach? There is a rocky shoreline covered in seaweed. You have to walk out on a pier and swim far out past the rocks - not an option when you have little kids. The public beach around the corner would be a better option, as it looked fantastic.
Checking in, we were early (2pm) and they tried to upgrade us to a king bed room. Great, but we have 2 kids with us. Did you even notice that? they said our room was just being finished up, so we decided to sit down and wait on the patio, as they said they would call us. After an hour I got up and asked the front desk the status, only to be told it will be another hour as check in is at 4. Great communication there guys! We fortunately found a nearby public park and the kids played for thirty minutes until the call came.
Once we finally got in the room, it was nice enough but cramped. We found we had to crank the AC to keep cool. The layout of the wings is very old world. I felt like I was walking through the bowels/back alleys of the hotel to get to my room. Put me off right away.
After our first day out exploring Key West we came back to the room at 4pm, only to find the maids had not even been in to make the beds. We learned to put the "service" sign on the door whenever we left.
The concierge aided us in purchasing Trolley tickets that were good for two days - and the trolley came right to the hotel.
Breakfast was the only meal we ever ate there and we did the buffet which was very good. Don't sit outside when its busy because your frazzled waiter will never show up in a timely manner. And birds will try to steal food too.
The pools were very nice though it seemed you had to fight to get a chair near the pool if you don't get there early. Chairs on the "beach" were no problem. They provide a host of beach games for the kids to play too.The fire pits out back were also a nice touch at night.
All in all, for a Waldorf property this was sub-par. Had I known the beach wasn't a beach (deceptive photos in advertising) then I would have spent more to stay closer to Mallory Square and the "heart" of Key West. Having to drive, cab or take the Trolley to do anything was a major drag. There won't be a next time here.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank tarznatz
Steve T, Manager at Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Dear tarrznatz,

We are sorry to have missed important aspects of your stay. Your feed back is very valuable to us. We are using it to improve points of service as well as our facilities. If you would like to discuss your stay please contact me at stresh@luxuryresorts.com.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

We had a terrific stay at the Casa Marina. It's a beautiful place and we found the service to be terrific. Mark is head of the beach staff there and he runs a tight ship but also is as friendly and fun as can be. We really enjoyed the people and everyone was quick to respond, happy to help and made our stay one we will always remember! The yoga on the pier was lovely in the morning with the waves lapping under the dock. The guys working the jet skiis are georgeous and extremely helpful and kind. Staff come by at the beach and pool to take orders and bring the drink of the day or clean your sunglasses. It's pretty amazing. Kids have fun activities and games in the sand and pool. Drinks are way too expensive.. That was our only complaint!

Room Tip: Just ask Mark! We did not have a room overlooking the ocean. Those did look beautiful. Some have a little patio. Ours had no patio and overlooked a parking lot. Not glamorous but quiet, clean and just fine for us!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Booked for a weekend to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
What a joke this place is for $600/night.
On arrival the check in/car valet was so disorganized that I ended up parking myself and carrying cases to the room.
The room - disgusting. Dirty, damp, furniture that would look cheap in a Red Roof.
I have travelled world wide and stayed at many fine hotels - using the Waldorf Astoria name on this property is a scam.
Who designs a hotel room where the bedroom is in a windowless box at the back of the space - the beach view could only really be seen from the balcony.
The beach - that's a joke when you have to walk out onto their pier to get into the water because the water's edge is full of rocks and seaweed.
We checked in Friday night and out Saturday morning. Enough said!

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AdrianL997

Dear AdrianL997,

We extremely sorry the resort did not meet your expectations.
We have shared your feedback in regards to your expectations of Waldorf Astoria Resorts with our management team.

It is the feedback of guests such as yourself that assist us in the training of associates as well as continued maintenance of our facilities. If you would like to discuss your stay or if you should be in Key West again please contact me at stresh@luxuryresorts.com for personalized service

Reviewed April 24, 2012

My fiance and I have just returned from a very nice weekend at the resort. The property from as far as we could see was very well maintained and clean. We had one issue upon check-in, which was being given a room without a balcony for the first night, which was very disappointing since I had champagne and strawberries pre-ordered which were intended to be consumed on the balcony overlooking the ocean. Nothing could be done that evening due to a fully committed occupancy due to 2 complete wedding parties. After speaking with the managers, Steve & Marie, we were moved to surf-side suite and comped a breakfast for the inconvenience. The view and privacy and serenity of that suite given to us made all of difference in the world to us. We had an amazing time on the property, and I can attest to the fact that despite the may negative recent reviews; the management has certainly taken heed and brought these issues to the attention of the staff. Thanks, Steve & Marie!

Room Tip: Be sure to request a balcony, and you will likely be happy, because I don't believe there are balconies on the parking lot side.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kenyn
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The location and the resort is excellent. The staff from entrance to exit is wonderful. I went with a friend to celebrate a big birthday. As she checked in I went to concierge to have some extra suprises arranged for the celebration. They set everything up and handled every thing perfectly. We had some options for rooms, so they showed us different type suites and we choose.

We choose a room in the original building that had an amazing deck over looking the resort and ocean. Everything looked new and was very comfortable. The only negative was that the air system smelled a bit moldy. I am sensitive to that. The newer wings did not have this issue. I decided to stick it out and just take allery meds. The bed was so comfortable and the room was great. If you are sensitive to moldy stuff like me you probably should stay in one of the two newer wings.

The H2O concierges were the best. There are two large pools and I was worried that we would have to reserve (with towels) chairs, but that is not an issue. You just go to an H2O concierge and let them know what you need (chairs, hammocks, umbrellas) and they set you up. Then for the rest of the day you are served. Graham was our favorite and really made our stay extra special.

I used the spa. The spa was not as nice as I thought it should be for the resort. They basically took one of the 1 bedroom suites in the newer wings and set up a spa. The waiting room was outside in the hall and they had some basic curtains to seperate the areas once inside. My massage was basic.

There are a lot of tour options directly leaving from the resort. This is great since traveling around with a car is difficult in Key West. We planned on doing a few, but the resort offered so much we found it difficult to leave. The breakfast was excellent and the grounds were beautiful.

Going into the main area of Key West is a short easy cab ride away and I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Key West. I think I have been spoiled by Casa Marina.

Room Tip: Original building charming, but mold issues, newer wings no problem with mold. It is just something to deal with when staying in historical places in tropical locations.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends