“Wonderful Staff From ALL Over the Globe”

Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #41 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 25 May 2012

The place is beautiful!!! Location is perfect! People actually remembered our names...Tom from London gave us the best jet ski tour around the island and he had fun too!!! thanx from minnesota..

Room Tip: stay on the top floor. everything is tile so it makes some noise when things r moved on it..
1  Thank haley1739

Reviewed 24 May 2012

My wife and I just got back last night from celebrating our 25th anniversary at the Waldorf. We have travelled extensively throughout the Caribbean and Florida and this hotel offered the best service that we have ever received.

The check-in staff, ( Patrick ) to the Beach guy, ( Jason ), the service was right on target in every aspect. The staff is young and refreshing and not as formal as a Waldorf or Ritz in the US or Europe, but it is perfect for the laid back island of Key West.

At the Beach, all at no additional charge, they set up your chaise, come by regularly and offer free popcicles, clean your sunglasses, spritz your hot body with mist and offer cucumbers for your eyes. Yes you pay $3.00 for a diet coke that is hand delivered by a personable server which makes it worth every penny. They even offer complimentary daily rum punch drinks.

The General Manager is a Handsome man named Kevein and he runs one of the cleanest hotels we have ever stayed in.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gallup
Steve T, Manager at Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2012

Dear gallup,

We are so glad you were able to enjoy our resort, it's service, amenities, wonderful activities and especially our great people. We all love working with professionals like Patrick, Jason and Kevin, they really appreciate your comments. We look forward to seeing you on a return visit!

Reviewed 24 May 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Casa Marina, and had an excellent time. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful, and several members went out of their way to make sure that our stay was the best it could be. We were fortunate to get a room with a great view and easy access to the pool and activities center. The room was very spacious and clean, and the cleaning staff did a great job keeping it so. The prices were in line with what I'd expect at a Waldorf property. Not being big on seafood, my wife and I would have liked to see a few more options at for lunch by the pool, but were in the Keys, and the menu was appropriate. Evelyn, the VIP Manager, paid great attention to the details during our stay, and it really made the difference for us. We left feeling as though we'd been pampered, and we can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

I originally looked at this hotel when we were booking our trip to Key West a few months ago but did not pick it do to the trip advisor reviews. We were sent here for a 1 night stay when our hotel was full when we arrived on Key West a day early. The hotel had rooms so we got a good price of $199.00. Check in went well. Self park $18.00 valet park $25.00. We were put in a room on the first floor facing the parking lot room 185. That did not matter to us we were just there for the night. The room was small. TV was very small. Room was clean and bed was confortable. How ever when we tried to go to sleep we had problems. First was alot of Motor cycle noise in the parking lot, then the person in the room above was walking all night with high heels and in the next room the two dogs barked every time they heard some one in the hall. At 1:00 AM my husband called the desk and asked to be moved . After 15 minutes staff did come to our room with another room key.
We moved upstairs and that room was quiet. The drinks were expensive. The grounds are beautiful, the beach is nice. The Staff was helpful with recommendations for dinner.
The hotel did not appear to be up to the standards of what I expected

Room Tip: Don't face the parking lot
3  Thank Deborah N
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I was excited to come to the Casa Marina because my brother-in-law reeecommended it and his standards are really high (like Four Seasons high). So I expected to be overly impressed. Not so much. Food is underwhelming, prices are ridiculous. Drinks are weak and overpriced. Housekeeping came in to turn down the beds and didn't even bother to take away dirty dishes and replenish coffee bar which was empty. When we complained, same thing happened next night!

We are Hilton Diamond members, which supposedly comes with its perks. In fact when we checked in, the kid behind the desk was over the top about all the extra amenities. Yeah - we got one drink free the first night only - one drink, not even one for each - and a free appetizer. Since I'm allergic to shellfish, we asked to substitute the appetizer with something else. They were leery doing it, then finally offered a substitute, which they subsequently told us they couldn't give us because it wasn't on the menu at that time. Without giving us an option, they comped the second drink. The whole point was we wanted an appetizer before headings to duval street to wander a bit before dinner. As it turns out, we were starving by the time we found the reerstaurant! Didn't make us happy.

But on the plus side, the people are wonderful. Concierges are incredibly helpful and polite. Drink severs are friendly and attentive. Sunset wine cruise was amazing. Looking forward to jet skiing and snorkeling tomorrow. Definitely rent bikes! Extra Peres around the pool are great, but nothing more than I would expect from an upscale resort.

Room Tip: Ocean front one bedrooms are okay as long as the ocean doesn't stink (which it does!!!!). I'...
3  Thank 4EqltyMom

Dear 4EqltyMom,

Thank you for your comments. We are very pleased you enjoyed our friendly service. We have shared your feedback regarding the some of the challenges you encountered with our management team. We will continually strive to improve our facilities to enhance the experience of you and other guests for future stays

Reviewed 23 May 2012

I have to say that Mark is the main reason we will come back to Casa Marina. The service he provided was outstanding!! He made each day fun. In fact, so much fun that we decided to spend the days at the pool so he could spoil and pamper us. We thought why go anywhere else when Mark is around.

Mark gave us a lot of great tips about Key West. He really made this a trip to remember.

Melissa, from "down under" was a great poolside server. Fun and right on cue! Suggested great drinks too.Thanks to Melissa, I think we had a little of everything.

Patrick was the most disappointing part of Casa. He was rude, abrupt and simply doesn't seem to enjoy his job like every one did. In fact, I was uncomfortable when he came around because he practically told me off when he heard a joke about jet skiing. He was way out of line. Patrick came to our group on the beach and asked if we still needed the umbrellas we had. We said "yes, actually...we would like one moved over here so we don't get burned" he just walked away and never moved the umbrellas for us. Turns out he wanted to take from us for another group so he didn't have to walk all the way across the property to get more. He was not happy nor were we. Ps...our friend was so sunburned that night and we strongly blame Patrick.

All in all...we love Casa Marina and Mark!!!

Room Tip: I think any room would be great when you are on Casa Marina property! Everyone gets the same treatme...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kimberly G
Reviewed 22 May 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Casa in February. This was our second stay here and once again had a wonderful time at this great resort with a very competent and friendly staff. I can't say enough how much we enjoy our time here, the rooms are great, the pool and bar area just the best. Although a little pricy at the pool bar, I will pay a little more for the wonderful atmosphere here. We will be coming back next February for our third trip in a row. We enjoy Key West a great deal and our time at the Casa. I know this review is late but I get so much from the reviews on trip advisor I felt I need to review properties we visit also.Thanks again Casa Marina for a great stay, see you in February 13

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family