“Best beach in Key West, best service in Key West, highest prices in Key West!”

Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #40 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

The beach, the breakfasts, the outside beach service are amazing. The inside needs some renovation, the hallway carpet is old & dingy & the room itself is nothing spectacular, but the views are. Rocky beach, but I recommend the 27 mile jet ski tour through the hotel. Great guide, they let you drive full throttle & you see the entire island from the water. We did come back to this hotel twice, it really is the only good beach option there!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Jennebk
Steven T, Manager at Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Jennebk,

Thank you for your review. We are glad you could come soak up the sun! The weather has been amazing. Summer is still here in Key West and it sounds like you made the most of it. We hope you can come back soon.

Steven Tresh

Write a ReviewReviews (7,511)

Reviewed 13 October 2013

My wife and I stayed 6 nights here in 1st week of October . We had one of the ocean and pool view rooms with the private deck. Greet view , room was clean, bathroom a little small but it is a very old hotel. The grounds are very nice. Two pools, one adult only (thank you) and a bar and restaurant on the water. Close to all the action on Duval street if you want, a quick $7.00 cab ride. It was too hot to enjoy the private deck, spent more time at the pool. Later in year, with less heat, the deck would work better. We enjoyed the stay.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lcoldwater
Sarah F, Front Office Manager at Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to respond regarding your recent stay at the Casa Marina Resort.
We are so pleased to know that you had such an enjoyable visit for your first time in Key West! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Casa Marina Resort sometime in the very near future.

Sarah Franks
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 12 October 2013

We stayed here for a few nights to sample Key West. Really no complaints about the hotel. Everyone was very nice, but there was a slight (and again, i'm being picky as it's a swanky place) sense of a bit tired in the rooms, partly driven by salt air/sand effect on any residence. But not serious! One day i saw an employee spraying the hallway (which has carpet ) for bugs/critters. Walking down the hallway, the smell of the chemical was strong enough that I found it uncomfortable. I guess that was better than encountering the creature he was spraying for. The hotel has lots of activities to choose from. We enjoyed renting bicycles the most. The best cocktail we had the whole time in Key West was the Casa Key Lime Colada. The pools were nice, but sometimes they were a bit short on towels. Overall, the resort has a great beach/pool setup. It makes the place appealing - the convenience of pool/beach/food/bar/facilities. I would return here. It's not the charming B&B approach to staying in Key West but it's a very nice place to stay. We walked around the neighborhood and felt our setup (beach/pool/parking/privacy) was preferred to any other similar place we saw. We found the valet parking very easy and fast.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We had a blast at Casa Marina and hope to come back for a longer stay. We stayed at the Hilton Key Largo for two days when we flew in from Miami and then spent two nights here. The staff at this resort is wonderful. I kept telling my wife that I can't understand the negative reviews. Our ocean view room was LARGE and CLEAN and had every possible amenity I could have asked for. The bellman even told us why the bathroom was so small. You are staying in a HISTORIC property and these rooms didn't even have bathrooms when it was first put into place. This adds to the charm and I can't say enough good things.

The pools were warm and the beach attendants were perfect. I was never pressured to tip them although I know they will accept tips. Plenty of activities around if you wanted to have a beach day and plenty of cabs available if you want to head into town.

The only two cons for me was the fact that it was necessary to take a cab into town. We walked as far as the southernmost point and the Hemmingway house but that was about a 30 minute walk. If you're ok with that you won't need a cab. Also, one option is to walk into town and take a cab back. It did sting to do that when we were paying $20 to park per night and still needed to use alternate transportation.

The other negative was the drink prices and some of the food quality. It was going to cost $40 for breakfast no matter what. I wish there was a value option for someone that just wanted a lite breakfast. And, for a frozen margarita and a glass of wine (both in plastic cups) it ran me nearly $30 after tip. I certainly understand that the Waldorf Astoria is a high end resort but even for that I felt it was a little high.

However, the staff didn't seem to have a problem with us using our soft sided bag cooler on the beach to BYOB. That's a big plus and an alternate option. Finally, I did order the hot wings on the beach. I'll pass next time. Just not good. But the fish tacos were amazing!

We will be back!

Room Tip: spend the extra for an ocean view room. For the price the ocean view without balcony is centrally lo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mtsublueraider
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Matt was great in giving our large group a guided tour through the keys on a jet ski. We would definitely recommend him and would definitely go out again. Barefoot Billy's is the best choice for jetski tours on the island.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank SweetD512
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I can't say enough about the pool staff who were all great, but especially Daniel who tops my list of the staff, he goes all out to make sure all you needs are meet. He helped make my first trip to Key West a great one!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The hotel seemed newly remodeled, rooms were very nice, concierges were very helpful... Loved the sand art dragon out by the pool.... Daniel and Patrick (hope I got his name right!) were very friendly and attentive at the pool, they handed out giant Popsicles and frozen wash clothes in the afternoon to help beat the heat.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a suite with an ocean view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business