I was really looking forward to this hotel after all the favorable reviews..perhaps I didn't research the actual room enough..we were in 205. This is a tiny room on the main balcony with no space to breathe and traffic of other guests passing all day and night in both front and back of room. I felt as if I was in a youth hostel and couldn't relax at all. There is no safe and the bathroom also tiny. We had no balcony space of our own and the wi fi didn't work in the room. All this would be fine if the room was cheap but we were spending the type of money we would have paid for 5 star accommodation and it just was not worth it. The room is clean however, and the location good. There is no food in the hotel and breakfast next door in the hotel restaurant was delicious but very pricey. The bike rentals are good but don't come to this hotel if you expect to walk everywhere as it is a bit far from the main drag. Finally, we found the staff cold and unfriendly. We were given advice about both snorkeling and restaurants which was inaccurate. When I suggested this to the girl on the desk, she was cold and snooty rather than apologetic which I again did not appreciate. This hotel rather spoilt an otherwise magical vacation in Florida. I do not recommend it and think they have become complacent because of previous good publicity. I actually am not sure I even believe that all previous reviews are genuine. Look for a small b&b in key west rather than Eden house.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax In Old Town Key West! The Eden House's first priority has been to maintain a clean inn, offer a comfortable bed, reasonable rates and have a staff that cares. Next comes the heated pool and Jacuzzi, hammocks, porch swings, waterfalls, sundeck, free off-street parking, café and lush gardens.We will have a cold drink for you at check-in and our daily complimentary 'happy hour' is poolside. Then at 10 PM we will dim the lights and let you get a good nights rest. Our night staff will not put a mint on your pillow but they will walk the grounds to insure that you won't be disturbed. I have owned and managed the Eden House for 27 years. I like to think that my staff and me do the 'little' things that will make your stay in Key West a memorable one. Key West is notorious for it's nightlife. Whether it is a sunset sail, a snorkel or kayak trip or deep water and flats fishing, the waters of the Florida Keys are like no other. Just let us know when you want to go.Grab a good book and a drink and I'll see you in the hammock area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Otel, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Eden House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden House Hotel Key West
- Eden Hotel Key West
- Eden Key West
- Eden House Key West, Florida