Duval Gardens
US$154
US$269
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Havana Cabana at Key West(Key West)
US$253
US$169
Sunset Key Cottages(Key West)
US$923
  • Pool
All reviewsfront porchbagelsgreat locationbed and breakfastparking is limitedsmall poolgreat continental breakfaststay there againwithin walking distancehemingway housesouthernmost pointfort myersgreat place to staythe ground floorparking spotstayed here for nightsconch train
Reviewed January 4, 2012

The location was great, within walking distance to either side of Key West along Duval street. Parking was limited. Room was very nice, a bit small for the price, very clean and well kept. Had everything you might need except a corkscrew, however, the front desk staff had one at hand. We had a poolside room but the walls were very thin (we could hear the neighbors yelling at each other most of our first night). Pool was attractive but far too warm to be refreshing in the Florida weather.

Front verandah was quite lovely in the morning for breakfast and nice, relaxing in the evening. However, in the mornings it was sometimes difficult to find a seat for the breakfast (boiled eggs, honeydew melon and cantalope, bread and bagles, coffee cake, cereal, juices and coffee, yogurt, etc...). For the price they could purchase a new toaster as one side was broken.

The A/C in the room was loud and very difficult to regulate the temperature. Each room had it's own outside entrance despite being a B&B which made it seem more private.

Room Tip: If arriving with a car, get there early for a parking spot.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SouthshoreTraveller
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I arrived late in the evening when the office was closed. No problems, I just parked my car just outside the hotel (30min parking) and brought my luggage up to the front where I found my key. My room had view over the pool side and was the cutest room I have seen! Loved it! And even if the hotel is located on Duval Street it was not much noise from the street. Great! In the morning I expected an easy breakfast with a toast and some coffee. But the breakfast was awesome! I got cereals, fresh cut fruits, orange juice, some different cakes, bread, bagels, cream cheese, marmalades, tea and coffee. After that I could check in to the very nice lady at the office. During my stay she gave me great advices and ideas what to do and where to see the nice sunset and sunrise. So friendly!
In the morning I took a run and saw the sunrise and then I took a swim in the pool, small pool but warm! And then time for breakfast and this breakfast was as good as yesterday's. They had wifi which is a big plus! Since I traveled alone it was a bit expensive but the entire experience of Key West was so good, so it was worth it! If I get back to Key West I will stay at Duval Gardens again, for sure!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank carin D
Reviewed December 21, 2011

duval gardens a lovely friendly b & b clean and tidy gem of a place
the staff are so friendly you just dont want to leave.
If you need any information about key west ask christina what she doesnt know
is not worth knowing she is a personnel tourist advisor ..

Room Tip: room 16 is so nice and large right beside the pool
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andrew t
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Good location on Duval, excellent staff, breakfast on porch is very good, pricey-but everything in Key West is, we'll be back

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 14, 2011

This was my first time to Key West AND my first time in a B&B. It was wonderful! Duval Gardens is very centrally located as far as attractions and the beach go. It's on Duval St. but far enough away from the total craziness. We were there for a family wedding, and had people from under 1 years old to over 80 years old. Everyone had a great time. The rooms were quite spacious (not that we spent much time in them), the breakfast on the porch just lovely, and everything was clean (my biggest pet peeve when staying away from home!). I can't wait to stay at the Duval Gardens again!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family