Truman Hotel
US$286
US$269
US$170
US$154
Havana Cabana at Key West(Key West)
US$239
US$161
Travelocity
Sunset Key Cottages(Key West)
US$923
1,142 results
All reviewspool areaduval streetboutique hotelcontinental breakfastcovered parkingwithin walking distancetwo blocksrooms are modernyogurtgreat showerturn down servicecentral locationbottled waterfantastic hotelnice poolking suitesmall hotel
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Nice rooms, small but nice and clean. Great location. Perfect for a couple of days. Nice people.

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor facing the street and had hardly any noise from the traffic.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2012

For a first-timer in Key West, this hotel was a perfect introduction.

The rooms were spacious, neat, clean and well-designed. It had large, spacious bathrooms with (my favourite) rain shower heads. We had a balcony adjoining the room, with seats, lighting and a small table for relaxing.

The main courtyard area is gorgeous! It's centered with a large pool and surrounding waterfalls and seating. The pool at night has a rotating array of coloured lights that light up the pool! I'm easily amused. :)

Continental breakfast in the mornings was well stocked and delicious, there was always fresh bottled water in the rooms and chocolates on the pillows. The cleaning staff organized all the things I left laying around, from clothing to bathroom amenities (sorry!) and came through on the towel art!

Free parking is great, but unnecessary when you are 2 blocks from Duval Street! We were within walking distance of every restaurant we wanted to try, the square, and most major historical sites. The only time the car got used was to get to a dive shop... and there's plenty of these around!

Was the price high? A little bit. But I would most definitely visit again. Thanks for making us feel so welcome!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Having read Trip Advisor about this hotel, I took a gamble and reserved over the phone where I encountered a friendly receptionist that made me feel I was booking at the right place. Without making promises, they assured me that they would do their best to accommodate my needs and when I arrived the Truman really exceeded any assurances or promises they could have made. This small and beautiful oasis of a hotel, reminded me of a small resort that was away from it all but really was smack dab in the middle of it all in Key West. This place really made my vacation to Key West relaxing and enjoyable knowing that when I entered the grounds all the outside noise was suffocated by wall waterfalls and spa music. Could not of asked for anything better for my first vacation to Key West.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
dBranham, General Manager at Truman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2012

Thank you!

Reviewed March 10, 2012

Our stay at the Truman Hotel got off to a strange start. The receptionist was somewhat unusual. I'll give him the benefit of doubt and believe he just has a strange sense of humor. However my wife did not take it well when he said to me "and if you know her name write it on the [check-in] form" (while pointing at my wife). My sister-in-law had a similarly awkward interaction with him when she tried to call through to our room. My wife then happened to find a pair of ladies underwear (not hers) in the cupboard of our room.

The hotel is well located, just a couple of blocks from Duval Street and some wonderful restaurants. The room was well appointed and modern, comfortable bed and nice bathroom / shower. We were on the ground floor looking out to the pool. Outside the room there are chairs and a table for relaxing outside and enjoying an al fresco continental breakfast (complementary). Unfortunately the hotel allows smoking at these tables and next to the pool. Guests in the rooms next to ours took full advantage of this throughout the day and we were forever clouded in cigarette smoke whenever we tried to sit outside – even at breakfast. I would prefer if the hotel adopted a no-smoking policy throughout the hotel or had a designated smoking area away from the breakfast area / pool.

Overall, this was a nice hotel, but given the range of hotels in Key West and problems we had I would not return or recommend to others.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jock286

We are sorry for the inconvenience. The comments have been addressed with staff and we will do better. We are seriously considering banning all smoking on the property and we hope to make changes soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

My husband and I and our 3.5 month old baby from NJ just stayed here this past week and had an amazing time. The hotel is beautiful, rooms really well done, and it was the perfect central location to get to duval but to also get to both ends (southernmost point and the harbor/mallory square). There is a ramp out front so its easy to get the stroller in and out. We stayed in a 2nd floor room which I would say is the best location, was a little difficult with the stroller but I wouldnt have changed a thing. The staff was amazing, so inviting, and was really respectfull of all the stuff we had strewn all over the room (bottles, changing pad, diapers, ect.). Our room overlooked the pool and had a table and chairs outside which was perfect for mom and dad to have a little place to hang while the baby napped. The pool was perfect and offered the opportunity to stay in the sun or the shade (good for the baby) had spa-like music on while you lounged which was very relaxing and just felt luxurious. And some reviews say the continental breakfast wasnt good but we thought it was great. The pastries were excellent, yes the coffee could have been stronger (as a few have complained) but lets be serious, Im not on vacation for the coffee. I can get myself a stiff starbucks on my way into work when I get home. There arent too many pool lounge chairs in the sun but it did seem like there was a constant rotation of people so it wasnt too bad to get a seat by the pool. We would definitly stay here again and recommend it to anyone. One last thing, yes it would have been cool to have a poolside bar but honestly thank god they didnt because we saved alot of money by buying a bottle of vodka and making our own poolside cocktail using there fresh lemonade they put out every afternoon. Spend your money at the local restaurants, they are excellent. And give Duffy's a try across the street, went there for a late night dinner and it was really good.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are the best (we think) because they overlook the pool. The stairs arent too bad unless you have a real problem with stairs. I think the otherside of the hotel the newly built portion has an elevator so I would ask. Make sure to ask if your room has a table and chairs outside of it, we loved that part. It only looked like one room was missing it because they couldnt fit it because of its location to the stairs, so most likely you will have one.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family