“Yearly zen spot”
Review of Prana Spa

Prana Spa
Ranked #2 of 41 Spas & Wellness in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: Prana Spa, an intimate day spa located in the heart of Old Town Key West, Florida, just one block off of Duval street.Award winning, and the favorite of locals and visitors for many years, offering massage, spa treatments and facials by expert female and male therapists.Locally owned and operated by Mark Goldstein and Jon Harper, licensed massage therapists.
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Best messages we get all year and we make a point of getting a couples massage every year when we are in town

1  Thank GayFreqTrvlr
There are newer reviews for Prana Spa

Reviewed 18 February 2012

We arrived at 3 PM for an hour long couples massage and we shared the waiting room with 2 locals. Good sign! The massage was thorough and I heard my wife groan with satisfaction many times during our hour. My massage was very, very good. Our couples massage was the only set thing on our schedule and we were very happy with the experience.

2  Thank Phillybilly
Reviewed 17 February 2012

This spa offers alot of services, but they are clearly a "resort" location. There are no amenities here;such as, warm towels for you neck,or aromatherapy scents to breathe in and lavendar eyeshades that you expect at spas where you might become a regular. The massage therapist was thorough but certainly did not have a gentle and friendly manner. I do not relax easily and he repeatedly scolded me and told me " relax, I do not intend to fight you for 90 minutes." Just who is the client here? I went to them two years ago and had the same experience. I will try another place in the future.

2  Thank frequenttraveler051
pranaspa, Owner at Prana Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2012

First allow me to say that is a great disappointment to see this review. Of course we are very sorry to see that this reviewer left unhappy.
As soon as we saw this, we got together and went over what may have happened to elicit a post such as this.
It is always our goal to attain the highest possible customer satisfaction.
When our clients are happy, we are happy. It is a very simple recipe, and works for us.
That being said, if it ever comes to our attention that a guest is unhappy, or if there is ever a misunderstanding, we always act immediately to find out what the problem is, and offer a solution.
We spoke with Jim, our therapist mentioned, about what may have happened.
Because we maintain a high degree of our clients right to privacy, I will not discuss any of the details here, however, after speaking with Jim, I am convinced 100% that he treated his client in a gentle and understanding manner.
Jim has worked with us for years, and he is one of the kindest and nicest people that I know.
Jim is a highly experienced therapist who receives more glowing reviews then almost anyone who has ever worked at Prana.
That being said, Jim’s work may or may not be a perfect fit for everyone, but he is very capable of adjusting to a clients needs with minimal feedback from them
I know this from hearing from his clients over the years, and I know this especially from working besides him in couples massages.
Anyone who knows us, or reads our Tripadvisor reviews, knows that if a problem ever arises, that we address it immediately and offer a solution. Unfortunately we were not given that chance with this reviewer, as she is letting us know here in her post, and so we are expected to respond in this forum, rather then with her in person.
Of course we would prefer to address this personally, so that we could have a chance to remedy the situation in person.
It is always our top priority to do what we can to be sure that no one leaves unhappy. We do hope that we get a chance to invite her back and have her receive work with the therapist of her choice, at no cost to her.
We are confident that with some clear communication, and an hour on the table, that we can win her back!
Lastly, I do feel that it is important that I mention that we do indeed provide warm towels, aromatherapy, as well as many other indulgences. Just take a look at our menu. If the session scheduled does not include these things, then all you have to do is ask, and we will be happy to provide.
Thanks for listening.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

This spa is what appears to be a little whole in the wall, but once you enter the building it is amazing. Very relaxing, and soothing. My husband and I got the couples 90 minute massage and it was the best massage I ever had. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

I visited Key West for the 1stX in Jan. 2012 and booked a massage at Prana--
best massage I've had in years! This is a boutique style oasis that provides
the highest quality of attention & service. Quiet, clean, and a great staff.
I felt rested, restored, rejuvenated. Highly recommended. Namaste :)