I stayed with my wife and kids (13 and 11) at the Santa Maria Suites during Presidents' Week 2012. Much of what is written in other reviews is accurate - the place is clean, the rooms are nice and big, the people are friendly and Derrick is wonderful.
Make no mistake, however, this is a really small boutique hotel - it is not a resort. At the hotel itself, other than sitting by the pool, there is nothing to do (there is a Japanese restaurant on site that we did not try).
The location is really good - about a 2 block walk to the nearest beach (which is small and not really that nice, but Key West is not exactly known for its beaches anyway - all of them are very rocky and there is lots of seaweed at most - Zachary Taylor Park is one of the best beaches on Key West), and about a 5-10 minute walk to many good restaurants and shopping on Duval Street. The really busy, touristy part of Duvall is about a 20 minute walk from the hotel.
I would stay here again, but if I went back to Key West with my kids, I would probably looks to stay somewhere else . . .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the eclectic and sophisticated charm of Key West with out the hustle & bustle of a large hotel at the Santa Maria Suites Resort. Barely a block from Duval Street and the Atlantic Ocean, the Santa Maria is an elegantly refined all suites hotel designed for the discriminating traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Otel, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Santa Maria Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Maria Hotel Key West
- Santa Maria Resort
- Santa Maria Suites Key West, Florida