“Hoping it would have been better”
Review of Coral Crab Cafe

Coral Crab Cafe
Ranked #265 of 471 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Reviewed June 6, 2016 via mobile

Sunday evening at 6:00pm and I am the only customer in the restaurant. I ordered a Bloody Mary then ordered a caesar salad and a half rack of baby back ribs. The Bloody Mary was terrible I only had a few sips. The salad was very good but the ribs tasted just like the ones that come packaged pre-made at the grocery store. I did have a shrimp cocktail earlier in the day and that was good. Going downtown to eat today.

1  Thank david m

Reviewed April 27, 2016

I traditionally eat at a restaurant located within a hotel for convenience--the Coral Crab was a delightful surprise as it's food was wonderful! My friend and I arrived at the hotel after a looooong day of travel and decided to stay put and eat on site. A wedding was taking place on the back deck of the hotel, so we had to eat inside at a table overlooking the wedding (not the greatest set up). As you walk into the restaurant, you are greeted with a beautiful water feature wall. An order of chicken wings were messy but yummy, and very substantial. I also had the gorgonzola & steak salad and it was delicious and HUGE. As our room had a refrigerator, I gladly took the left overs "home" for further enjoyment. Our server, Goose, was quite nice. One downside: my friend ordered a roasted chicken dish. Parts of the chicken were raw (not pink but red). He asked Goose to bring it back to the kitchen for further cooking. I would have expected a whole new, fully cooked chicken to be brought back but the piece he sent in was fired up a bit more and returned...that can't be a good kitchen practice. Other than that small glitch, every meal we enjoyed at the Coral Crab was wonderful. My friend became a "regular" at the breakfast buffet and Anita treated him like a visiting super star. I joined him one morning and ordered the breakfast sandwich off the breakfast menu--yum-o! We frequented the Tiki bar on site and ordered food there a few times (an offset of the Coral Crab), but the service at the bar was SO lackluster it spoiled the meal. I will say, however, the cheeseburger is quite good. Overall, we were very pleased with the service and food quality offered at the Coral Crab!

1  Thank Colleen H
Reviewed March 20, 2016

We ate by the pool, and we ordered a Caesar salad and nachos. This was probably the largest plate of nachos I have ever seen. Tri-colored chips were augmented by guacamole and salsa on the side. The cheese was all the "pour-on" melted kind, but this was a good quick meal at the Sheraton for a reasonable price. I must say that I really do not understand the concept of agave nectar in margaritas. I am not a fan, and I would prefer natural lemon, lime, and orange juice from real fruit. However, this is not isolated to the Coral Crab, as agave nectar seems to be a new standard that is ruining this classic drink.

Reviewed March 16, 2016 via mobile

Great service, big portions, reasonably priced American fare. We had Nachos and a blackened chicken Caesar salad - couldn't finish them! Service was prompt and attentive. Especially if you're staying at Key West Sheraton Suites, there's not much within walking distance, so don't pass this cafe up, it's great!

Reviewed January 28, 2016 via mobile

Our travel companion's enjoyed the RIBS & CATCH OF THE DAY . My wife & I had the steak , really bad . We will be dinning elsewhere .

1  Thank Charles S