Stopped here for a two night stay on the way to Key West. Hotel is older, but fairly well maintained. Did see some mold behind the toilet as other reviewers have noted, but hey, this is Florida! Staff was accomodating, rooms were older, but clean. Beds were small and fairly hard. Given the choices in this area, an OK stay for the money. Did not have a beach for swimming, but several within driving distance. Outdoor bar attached to Outback Steakhouse had very slow service, and seem to cater to locals. Nice pool area, good walkway along the water, but would not want to swim in the water here. Sea Monkeys is located next to the property and rents boats and kayaks and jetskis.
Lady in the gift shop could not have been nicer!
Very close to Robbie's and many beaches, so a good location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Major renovations recently completed at this oceanfront resort in picturesque Islamorada. Amara Cay is the perfect setting for our guests to unwind, connect with the sea, and make lasting memories. The story of Amara Cay is compelling and distinct. Our guests are inspired by the authentic experiences we provide. Each member of our diverse staff is a local expert empowered to provide amazing and unexpected service. We emotionally connect with our guests by crafting a story that is compelling and extraordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Amara Cay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Islamorada Hotel Islamorada
- Hampton Inn Islamorada
- Islamorada Hampton Inn
- Amara Cay Resort Islamorada, Florida