I was extremely disappointed with the way this place was run. Staff was very rude during our stay and will place blame on "the owners" for everything that goes wrong (mostly for absurd hidden fees like 5$ for ice if they suspect you are using it more than once a day, and $15 for a boat slip that required a staff member to open every time you put in and out). They have security cameras set up at every corner, and will walk around suspicious of their guests, which made us feel very uncomfortable the entire stay. They have a nice set up of several parrots and other tropical birds in a cage, however if you are so unfortunate to stay directly across from them be prepared for a very loud wake-up call every time a car drives by. Overall, I was just so disappointed because this place has the potential to be a nice, small and friendly hotel on the beach but it has been ruined by poor management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An awesome, intimate escape right in the center of the Keys. All of our rooms have recently been refreshed from top to bottom. For a pet & people friendly tropical retreat...This is the spot. This is the kind of place Jimmy Buffett sings about. We are very Keysee and very clean! A sparkling pool and hot-tub with a view of the beach, boat launch and pier, await you. Our rooms and efficiencies can accomodate from 1 to 6 people very comfortably. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Sands of Islamorada Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Of Islamorada Hotel Islamorada
- Sands Hotel Islamorada
- Sands Of Islamorada Hotel Florida