We went to this place with my girlfriend. We found it online. The room is simple, overpriced, according to the cost. If you have a boat, works out, because there is no beach there, at all.
Then, checkout is at 11. I travel at least 20 times a year, to all sorts of destinations. This is the first place I find where you have to leave the room by 11. We weren't aware of that and the penalty it involves until it was too late. We left the room at 11:15 and dropped the keys at the office. No one was there to receive them, but "the system" charged as $25 twice, as a penalty. I never had to pay a penalty in a hotel in my life. This was a shock.
When I called to see if the charges could be dropped, a nice employee took my name and number, but I never was called back. To synthesize: don't go to this place, unless you want to be treated like an enemy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An awesome, intimate escape right in the center of the Keys. All of our rooms have recently been refreshed from top to bottom. For a pet & people friendly tropical retreat...This is the spot. This is the kind of place Jimmy Buffett sings about. We are very Keysee and very clean! A sparkling pool and hot-tub with a view of the beach, boat launch and pier, await you. Our rooms and efficiencies can accomodate from 1 to 6 people very comfortably. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Sands of Islamorada Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Of Islamorada Hotel Islamorada
- Sands Hotel Islamorada
- Sands Of Islamorada Hotel Florida