La Siesta Resort & Marina(Islamorada)
US$430
US$419
US$229
US$183
Hotels.com
Cheeca Lodge & Spa(Islamorada)
US$479
US$407
La Jolla Resort(Islamorada)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$152
Orbitz.com
US$231
Drop Anchor Resort(Islamorada)(Great Value!)
US$261
Amara Cay Resort(Islamorada)
US$250
US$231
Otel.com
All reviewshot tubquality mattresssmall sandy areamicrowave and coffee makeractual roomfishnice dockgreat little placereasonable ratessmall hotela lovely stayclean poollobster seasonboat ramplazy days restaurantkey westmidway cafe
Reviewed April 26, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights and stayed in the delightful room 19 which is the only room on the second story and has a porch that has a lovely view of the water on one side and the pool with its hot tub on the other. The room had a small living room, galley kitchen and decent sized bedroom with a comfortable king sized bed. Kitchen was well enough equipped for cooking bacon and eggs daily. Bathroom was small, but clean and adequate. Unit decorations were eclectic. There is room for a small boat on the dock and a spot to park your boat trailer. Also, if you are so inclined, pets are allowed and I was told my other guests that the caretakers (Kathy and her husband) would pet sit if requested.

The Sands is located about mid-point on Islamorada so is convenient to all of the islands restaurants and shops. Try the breakfast place that is on the right as you take a right out of the parking lot; wonderful homemade bread. Green Turtle Inn is excellent for dinner and Lorelei's is great for lunch (and right on the water). Skip Lazy Daze, it was expensively mediocre, although it is right on the water.

PS Room 19 seems to come with a resident pet squirrel who likes to hang out on the deck rail in hopes that he will be given a treat!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2010

I stayed here with my 20something son. I picked this place because of the tripadvisor reviews which said it was an authentic Keys style place, and this was my first visit to the area. The style is definitely funky and quirky, but the room was clean and bug free and the beds were reasonable comfortable. The managers were very pleasant. Not upscale at all, but if the style and location fit your needs, it's a good choice.

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed April 10, 2010

My husband and I just returned from five wonderful days at Sands of Islamorada. We stayed in room 19, the upstairs room overlooking the ocean. It was fantastic. Each morning I awoke to watch the sun rise. From my pillow, I looked out the bay window overlooking the pool's tiki hut, palm trees, and pelicans gliding by. Bob and Cathy, the managers, were wonderful offering great places to eat (Lazy Days) and hang out (Founders Beach). Our room had flat screen TVs in both the living and bed rooms. The kitchen included a full-size fridge, microwave, toaster oven, and of course, a cork screw. The deck had a two-person hammock, a table and a couple of chairs. There were days when we didn't leave the deck until after noon. Simply heavenly. We'll be back again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2010

We had a fab time there. Our room had a veranda with swing and rocking chairs, great for seeing sunrise every morning. The hotel is quirky with pink deckchairs, pool and hot tub. The managers are really friendly and helpful. Having stayed in 6 different hotels in the 2 weeks that we were in Florida it was our favourite by a long way.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Nice, clean, spacious rooms. Very pet friendly. Nice owners. Unique atmosphere. All at a reasonable price. We enjoyed our stay and will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple