Booked this at the last minute while traveling through the Florida Keys. The place is old and quite run down, but we were expecting it for the low price we paid (sub $100/ night before taxes). Room was in pretty rough shape and wasn't very clean. The ceiling fan had not been dusted / cleaned in ages. Everything in the room was old except for the modern toaster (the room was equipped with a kitchenette). The door piston (mechanism that closes the door automatically behind you) had been ripped off and the door was slightly off kilter and almost had to be slammed to close properly. The facility also advertises wifi,buit it was so weak and unstable that you hardly couldn't use it. The location is pretty good, but the place definitely needs some TLC. Also saw a roach, which didin't bother us much since we've traveled quite a bit and bugs don't really gross us out. Blasted it with sunscreen and stomped it. We just made sure to keep our bags closed.
It was an ok place to crash for a night, which is what we did since we were just driving through to get to Key West. I wouldn't plan on staying here more than a night if you plan to spend any amount of time on the property itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Harbor Lights Motel in the gorgeous Florida Keys. We are located at Mile Marker 85, which is right in the middle of the best fishing, diving, dining and entertainment in the area. The motel offers standard rooms, efficiencies and cottages. All our guests enjoy the fabulous water views, free boat ramp, dock, barbecue area, private tropical pool and beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Booking.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Harbor Lights Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbor Lights Hotel Islamorada
- Harbor Lights Motel Islamorada, Florida