Harbor Lights Motel
US$143
US$239
US$338
US$329
Cheeca Lodge & Spa(Islamorada)
US$271
Conch on Inn Motel(Islamorada)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$99
Drop Anchor Resort(Islamorada)(Great Value!)
US$261
All reviewsnice poolfull kitchenold floridaoceanfishinghammocks
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Let me first start by saying that this is a 2 star hotel, so those looking for a lavish upscale hotel, this is not it. However, if you are looking for a clean place to put your head in a great location, then this is the place! We stayed here in April and had a good time. We did not spend all that much time in the room, but it was fairly clean. My biggest complaint is that during the 3 nights I was there, the room was never vacuumed. The beds were made and the towels were changed daily, just nothing to the carpet. Other than that, the pool was clean...the view was great...and the staff was friendly.

So basically, if you are looking for an EXTREMELY affordable, clean place to stay while in the Keys, Harbor Lights is a good option.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank bcs1973
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I sadly made a reservation at this motel thinking that it was a wonderful place because of all the positive reviews, god was I wrong. I reserved it by phone they told me that it was $118.00 per night and I drove two hundred miles to get there. I think they are racists because I was treated like human garbage. They overcharged me by $72.00 dollars because they originally told that it was $118.00 for the night and then it suddenly became $190.13 per night. I wanted to cancel my reservation and just stay the night because it was already late. My family and I were very tired but they would not let me even though I had already paid one full day. It was my mother's birthday and we had envisioned a wonderful three days at the Keyes. We even asked to speak to a supervisor but they told us that he was not available. Listen to me avoid this place because you will get ripped off!

Room Tip: Avoid this place!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Jaime G
HarborLightsMotel, General Manager at Harbor Lights Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

We were wondering when this family was going to submit the bad review. We understand that anyone can write anything on TripAdvisor, and we are just happy to have the chance to tell our side of the story!

The real story: This large family of people reserved the smallest and most inexpensive room we have on the property over the Internet. Our standard queen room is ideal for only two people maximum. It is 10 X 12 feet and has a single queen sized bed and private bathroom. Basically it is the size of a small bedroom in a regular house. When they checked in, we told them that they could not fit their family of 6 or 7 in that room. They mistakenly thought they reserved a larger room, but even after we showed them their own reservation details, for some reason it was still the hotel's fault? We rented them a larger room plus another room at a considerable discount, but from their comments it appears that we were expected to keep the single rate for the small room?

Upon the morning of their checkout and ten minutes before checkout time, this lady came down to ask if they could stay for the day in the rooms at no charge. I explained that the rooms they were occupying were indeed rented that afternoon, so we could not extend our checkout time. She left the desk angry. Almost two hours after checkout time they still had not even begun to pack up and they began screaming and cussing at the staff after we threatened to call the police because they would not leave the rooms! It was amazing.

As they finally loaded up and left, they dumped a massive amount of garbage out of their 4 cars all over the parking lot, and called us "Racists" and "White Trash" among other things.

This is the real story. It is just a shame that they can be allowed to post a bad review at all!

Todd Chandler

Reviewed April 27, 2012

We flew into Miami and drove down to Islamorada and checked into the Harbor Lights for 5 nights....have to say it suited us perfectly,the room had every thing that we required for our stay,fridge ,cooker,toaster,perco,,,etc......comfortable beds,air con...
We were on a 5 day fishing trip and have to say the HL is perfectly situated mid keys,to acsess all the bridges and beaches with just a short drive,bait shops,good bar over the road...
P.S. we caught loads of fish !!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
HarborLightsMotel, General Manager at Harbor Lights Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Thank you so much! We are so very glad you enjoyed your stay. We strive to provide everything you need for a weekend or a few weeks, and we are glad you caught fish! Islamorada is definitely the place to catch! Thank you again and see you soon!

Todd & Becky

Reviewed April 23, 2012

My boyfriend and I needed one night for our last day in the Keys. We were staying in Islamorada our whole trip and did not want to go north to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the last night. We went to Harbor Lights and inquired about a Friday night room. I knew this might be tough to get due to the weekenders coming into to town, but to our surprise, they had a room available! Todd was more than nice on helping us out (Barkley was adorable!!!) can't wait to see him next year and how big he got! Anyways, we checked in, went to our room, and to our surpise, what a NICE room!! Clean, updated, great view of the ocean and gulf! Loved the balcony! I wish we would have seen this place first, because we would have stayed all week here!!! Pool was great as well!! Very nice location to everything! And very affordable! I definitly would recommend this great place! See you next year!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michell S
HarborLightsMotel, General Manager at Harbor Lights Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2012

Wow! Thank you so much for the great review! We are so very happy we were able to get you in that last night of your Islamorada vacation! Baxter looks like he is going to be a 100 pounder!

See you next year!

Todd

Reviewed April 23, 2012

My daughter and I spent 4 wonderful days in the Keys. The hotel is small and very clean. Meet soom really cool people from up North somewhere...LOL the owners are super friendly and they have a golden retriever puppy that my daughter played with. Note to all (No fires on the beach) My daughter had found some drift wood and wanted to know if what her science teacher had told her was true. We still don't know if it will burn blue because we got stopped in the middle of it.??? Anther place and time. But the hotel is differently a keeper for a road trip.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CatherineS3

Thank you so much for the review! We are so very glad you had a great time at the property! We promise next time to help you complete the experiment (on one of our charcoal grills) on your next stay. See you soon!

Todd & Becky