In general, spending the night in the Keys can be expensive. I booked this room as a least expensive option and learned that in the Keys, you get what you pay for. At 100 bucks a night, we got an old hotel room. The a/c was loud, the room was rather small for two people and although there was a coffee maker in the room, the shortage of outlets caused me to have to decide which appliance I could use. The headboard banged against the wall until I stuck a magazine between the board and the wall. If I rolled over in the bed, it creaked loudly. Definitely not the best value. My friend and I went to the "beach" to take pictures. We met a woman who was spraying bleach around the property. She asked us if we were guests at the hotel. When I said yes, she wanted to know which room. It didn't feel like a hospitality gesture. Advertised wifi only worked on the patio. The room was habitable but next time, I'll spend a few more dollars and pay for more comfortable surroundings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Harbor Lights Motel in the gorgeous Florida Keys. We are located at Mile Marker 85, which is right in the middle of the best fishing, diving, dining and entertainment in the area. The motel offers standard rooms, efficiencies and cottages. All our guests enjoy the fabulous water views, free boat ramp, dock, barbecue area, private tropical pool and beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Harbor Lights Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbor Lights Hotel Islamorada
- Harbor Lights Motel Islamorada, Florida