“Boutique Hotel”

Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Cute getaway and not as far as Key West. The rooms are right on the beach. The staff is helpful although we had some AC issues and the upper floor kept dripping water onto our patio. Private pool area and cabanas. Great restaurant!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 September 2017

We made a reservation for August 26, 2017 that we had to cancel. We received confirmation of our cancelation and called again to confirm our cancelation. They assured us time and time again that the reservation had been canceled and that all our money would be credited. Well, they charged us for the stay even though we had canceled and without ever checking in. When we called to get our money back they said that there was nothing that they could do because of Hurricane Irma. We now have a balance of $281 that they refuse to give us credit for. This is called stealing. How are hotels able to get away with this sort of thing? One thing is for sure... I am never staying at any property of theirs again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank alberto s
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed in a cottage, rented a boat and went swimming by the lighthouse. My husband rented a jet ski and had a blast. The shrimp at the raw bar were excellent. The sunrise was spectacular. I'd like to go back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank riccibana
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Our wedding on August 12 at Postcard Inn was exactly what we had dreamed it to be. The staff, specifically Erin, our point of contact, was so helpful with every question, inquiry, and desire that we had for our big day. We were more than pleased with the way that everything turned out, and our guests raved about the venue, the food, and the location of the hotel. We have been to a lot of weddings this season, and I think that by far, PostCard Inn did the best job at executing their menu and drinks selection.

Everything came out hot, fresh, and delicious. We can't wait to come back and visit just to relive the incredible night that we had with our family and friends. If you are looking for the perfect location for an intimate wedding, the garage and canteen will exceed your expectations. Better yet, the hotel and grounds have so many perfect backdrops for wedding photos that will leave your friends and family speechless. Thanks so much to the staff at Postcard Inn for making our wedding day (and wedding weekend festivities) exactly what we hoped for!

In regards to the grounds, the rooms themselves are a bit dated. We were upgraded to one of the best rooms on the property, which had a great bathroom and proximity to the beach and pool. In a way, it adds to the boutique beachy sense that the hotel has to offer. The rooms and grounds were perfect for us and our guests, I think it just depends on a matter of personal taste.

We can't wait to come back and visit!

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are very close to the pool and beach, but definitely have more foot traffic.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2017

The Hotel grounds are very nice with lots of palms trees and sand. The pool is right on the water and has a small bar. The pool bartender makes the best pinacolada anywhere. The tiki bar is pretty cool and a good spot to drink an alcoholic beverage and maybe have some lunch. The fire pits and hammocks are a nice touch. The overall ambiance of the hotel is nice and relaxing with a beachy feel to it. We were traveling with 2 other couples and stayed here for 3 nights. One problem is the room pictures all show a modern glass shower but unless you get an upgraded room you get the standard shower curtain style shower. We felt a little deceived with the whole shower thing. The beds were comfortable and the room was nicely decorated. If you don't get one of the buildings right on the beach area you may have a little walk to get to the pool and tiki bar. I didn't handle our booking and checking in but the person in our group that handled this had some issues that took a while to sort out. I know because I was in the car waiting for her to sort it out and it took forever! I think this hotel is a nice place over all but its a little over priced for what you get.

Room Tip: Get an upgraded room with ocean view for the best experience
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2017

The Postcard Inn is truly a nostalgic, clean, great service and FUN beachfront hotel. The rooms were very clean , easily accessible. The lobby area was designed to accommodate guests in several different areas. One of the areas had tables with children's games. Another area would accommodate a large group of people in a casual atmosphere.
The pool area was beautiful with graceful palms and foliage surrounding the pool area. There is a tiki bar with both piped in music and a DJ. The beach, oh! what a beautiful,beach.
The hotel has a restaurant (we had the grouper, and it was delicious!).
I have had the opportunity to travel the world and have stayed in many hotels. If you are looking for a clean hotel with a great location, awesome beach and pool, then search no more. You will surely enjoy your stay at the PCI (that's what the locals call it: :-) We will definitely be back again and again. What a great and fun time we had!

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to book the rooms facing the parking lot. .
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank victoriawizfan1
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We booked this place months ago and were looking forward to what looks like a little bit of paradise on the promo photos as part of our road trip through Florida - as it happens it was the worse experience of the trip and I would caution others to avoid.

We rocked up travelling east and pulled into the car park. First mistake. We wandered around the building site looking for reception and were redirected by workmen to the new lobby which is in a swanky new building at the roadside a bit further on from where we pulled off the road.

I said to the receptionist that I was disappointed we were staying in a building site. I was told that they didn't have an e mail for me as we booked via a 3rd party site so couldn't advise me about the works. Lie - an e mail address was there on the paperwork.

The receptionist did the " let me speak to my manager routine" and when she returned, we were then offered an upgrade - further away from the building site and with a sea view ...... but an extra $15 per room for the privilege, or transfer to a sister hotel up the road. As we were looking forward to our stay in paradise (remembering the promo photos) I stupidly agreed and paid up. The receptionist said she would call me when in the room to check I was happy - needless to say I had no call.

As for the resort ... remember they charge you a $25 resort fee.... the towel man locked up early and so no beach towels at 5pm, despite it supposedly open till 6. The tiki bar was ok, although continuing the theme of knocking off early, the place shut at 11 despite it being advertised as open til 12 - I nearly spilt my overpriced rum runner when he called time.

Our rooms were old, large and functional. The air conditioning unit in one room had a fault and when we awoke next morning everything in the room was damp.

Next morning at check out, I pointed out the early closing and the damp room. The same receptionist as the day before rolled her eyes in a kind of resigned way that suggested I wasn't the only one to complain about the place. Despite this she never once apologised and agreed to waive the resort fee, but only the room upgrade fee for the damp room - not much of a gesture. For the record I am not a serial complainer in an attempt to get a few quid knocked off the price, but this place was just so far away from the standard I was expecting from the prices charged and those promo photos.

My advice would be to think twice before booking in here - it's not all those promo photos crack it up to be, but it might be nice when it's finished. In the mean time they seem to be happy taking your cash and then using the fact it's a building site as an excuse to charge you an upgrade fee!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Destinationdick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
6.8 km away
Hawks Cay Resort
#1 of 2 in Duck Key
30.3 km away
Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort

Been to Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!