1,094 results
All reviews garden suite sunset sail sun suite boutique hotel outdoor shower private island complimentary snacks paddle boards key west pool area sea view small hotel florida bay overlooking the water total relaxation yogurt eco tour
Reviewed September 5, 2017

Spent 2 nights at Casa Morada to celebrate my husbands birthday. Wish it had been longer! What a relaxing retreat less than 2 hours from Miami. The staff is nothing short of exceptional. The pool area has lots of comfy nooks and crannies, hammocks, and even a crows nest with a comfy couch to watch the stunning sunsets. Manatees and dolphin spottings throughout the day was such a treat! We stayed in a garden room- it was spacious and quite comfortable, with a nice size screened porch to enjoy the evenings. We can't wait to visit again.

Reviewed September 4, 2017

This had to be the most relaxing vacation we have had. Casa Morada is beautiful and peaceful from check in to check out. The staff are terrific. They are there to assist with any need without being intrusive. It feels like your own private beach house. We would have loved to extend our stay by two days but couldn't get out of our reservation at the hotel in Miami. (Believe me, we tried!) From the sleepy cats at the front desk to the manatee coming by for a drink of fresh water right outside our room, we couldn't have asked for a better experience. Plus, you can't beat no kids under 16, no parking fees and no resort fees.

Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

If you want to relax, be close to both sea and pool, see sunset and dolphins, be taken care of by friendly staff, Casa Morada is the place.
I can recommend the Shangri-La Suite.

I hour drive from Miami and two left to Key West. Good restaurants within 10 min walk.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2017

We had a spectacular time at Islamorada's gem Casa Morada for 4 nights. Wish we had gotten to stay longer. We stayed in the Iguana Suite and took a kayak out every morning we were there after early breakfast. Our favorite restaurant in the area was Marker 88, followed closely by Lazy Days (but you really can't go wrong anywhere in the area- fresh seafood anywhere you go!)

The staff and hotel were both excellent- the many, many amenities can't be beat. We can't wait to visit again!

Reviewed August 23, 2017

My husband and I went to Casa Morada last week for a quick getaway. My husband said it was like the Caribbean with great wi-fi. Private, secluded, great way to take a break with only an hour and a half drive from Miami. It's by far not a five star hotel, a bit no-frills, but the room was modern and very clean, they had a delightful free breakfast with lots of fresh fruit, and a sweet bartender serving great drinks overlooking the bay. The bay (and ocean) in Islamorada are not as inviting to enter as the soft sands in Miami Beach, but the adults only pool at the hotel was nice and I also enjoyed just swinging on the hammock between the palm trees. We also spent a night at the nearby Cheeca Lodge which was a totally different experience (full resort with spa, tennis, golf, lots of kids, etc.) While there are times we definitely prefer a full-on five star resort, on this trip my husband and I enjoyed the peaceful, smaller boutique hotel experience of Casa Morada much more.

Room Tip: We loved the Shangri-La room overlooking the bay. Just know it's not a regular shower but a (large and stylish) tub with hand shower.