“Captain Brett is THE BEST!!!”

True Island Adventures
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Capt. Brett Hagood is an Islamorada native and 2nd generation fisherman with a passion for the water. He specializes in family friendly, light tackle fishing charters and eco-excursions in the near shore waters of our beautiful islands as well as the Gulf of Mexico and Everglades National Park. Comfort is key, as you’ll ride in a 24’ Shearwater bayboat complete with a t-top for that much needed shade! Whether you’re a salty seasoned veteran or a true novice looking for that first fish, Capt. Brett’s patient, insightful instruction will ensure your day on the water is a memorable one.
Reviewed November 10, 2015

For three years in a row, we (4 of us) have being coming down to Islamorada and always spend several days fishing with Captain Brett. Knock on wood, we have not had a miss yet. Tons of fish, including as many as you can eat, beautiful scenery and great laughs. He takes us to different locations throughout the day, so we catch a variety of fish (over 100 fish and 22 different species one day) and do some deeper fishing and some shallow mangrove fishing. The days fishing are always the highlight of our trip. Captain Brett knows the keys, the fish and the spots. We now give Captain Brett our dates as far in advance as possible so we can be sure that we can fish with him when we are in town. See you again in January and February!

All reviews
"tarpon"
"keys"
"boat"

Reviewed October 21, 2015

We booked a fishing trip with Brett through Cheeca Lodge. What a great decision! We are not fishermen, but Brett was patient and we lost track of how many fish we caught. We even got to take some of our fish to Lazy Days for dinner. This was a memorable trip and we would absolutely call him again!!

Reviewed October 14, 2015

Brett perfectly executed a two hour fishing adventure for my husband and me, neither of which are avid fishermen. He chose a spot that provided an exhilarating ride, then lots of action with catch and release. He was patient in coaching on casting skills, and very personable. We will recommend him to everyone who's interested, and call him first when we return to the area.

Reviewed October 4, 2015 via mobile

Cap. Brett is the total package! He took my wife and I out for both of our first times fishing on salt water and we had a blast. Despite inclement weather (20 mph winds and some muddy water) he put us on fish almost right away and kept us on them all day. We caught monster Jacks, delicious snappers, and even though he mentioned that tarpon (the one fish I was hoping to catch because I had seen it on TV and in magazines) were mostly gone from the area, he somehow got me hooked up on one of those as well (I managed to lose it 5 minutes into the fight as is common with the fish). We saw manatees, jumping rays, and countless other amazing sea sights. His private charters are well worth the extra cost compared to the big cheap charter boats. If you want a great relaxing getaway with the opportunity to hook up with some great eating and great fighting fish, True Island Adventures is for you! The 8 hours flew by faster than I wanted them to. I know we will back to use his services again. Thanks, Capt. Brett!

PS - Ask Capt. Brett for restaurant and hotel tips. His advice is spot on as he lives on Islamorada and has great local knowledge.

This has been posted on Google and Facebook as well.