Review Highlights
Great day of fishing with Capt. Brett Hagood.

Capt. Brett Hagood is an excellent captain and fisherman. Uncle Joe LePree and I went snook... read more

Reviewed October 17, 2017
rosemarytduke
Islamorada, Florida
Great time with Capt. Brett

We hooked up with Capt. Brett with the goal of being able to put our kids on Tarpon and he did not... read more

Reviewed June 30, 2017
Rick_Sineath
Lexington, South Carolina

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 21, 2015

We booked a fishing trip with Brett through Cheeca Lodge. What a great decision! We are not fishermen, but Brett was patient and we lost track of how many fish we caught. We even got to take some of our fish to Lazy Days for dinner. This was a memorable trip and we would absolutely call him again!!

Reviewed October 14, 2015

Brett perfectly executed a two hour fishing adventure for my husband and me, neither of which are avid fishermen. He chose a spot that provided an exhilarating ride, then lots of action with catch and release. He was patient in coaching on casting skills, and very personable. We will recommend him to everyone who's interested, and call him first when we return to the area.

Reviewed October 4, 2015 via mobile

Cap. Brett is the total package! He took my wife and I out for both of our first times fishing on salt water and we had a blast. Despite inclement weather (20 mph winds and some muddy water) he put us on fish almost right away and kept us on them all day. We caught monster Jacks, delicious snappers, and even though he mentioned that tarpon (the one fish I was hoping to catch because I had seen it on TV and in magazines) were mostly gone from the area, he somehow got me hooked up on one of those as well (I managed to lose it 5 minutes into the fight as is common with the fish). We saw manatees, jumping rays, and countless other amazing sea sights. His private charters are well worth the extra cost compared to the big cheap charter boats. If you want a great relaxing getaway with the opportunity to hook up with some great eating and great fighting fish, True Island Adventures is for you! The 8 hours flew by faster than I wanted them to. I know we will back to use his services again. Thanks, Capt. Brett!

PS - Ask Capt. Brett for restaurant and hotel tips. His advice is spot on as he lives on Islamorada and has great local knowledge.

This has been posted on Google and Facebook as well.

Reviewed May 20, 2015

What a fantastic way to spend the day. Capt. Brett was the best. All you have to bring is lunch and drinks. He knows exactly where to go to find fish. And will help you do anything you need to be successful. He will also fillet the fish so you can take it for dinner. There are seats on the boat and a shade top. I would definitely go again.

Date of experience: May 2015
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I booked a backwater fishing trip for my wife and myself - she had never held a rod before !
Captain Brett is simply amazing, friendly, knowledgeable and very easy to be with. And to add to that, we had the most incredible flat calm weather .
On the way to the fishing grounds we spotted dolphins (several) , Rays and saw tarpon jumping in the air ! As soon as we arrived, Brett set me up with a rod and then devoted the rest of his time to teaching my wife - she was soon casting with ease and then caught a bag load of fish ( more than myself for sure !). I cannot rate the day highly enough and wish we had booked a full day. Brett, we will be back !

Date of experience: March 2014