Review Highlights
Great day of fishing with Capt. Brett Hagood.

Capt. Brett Hagood is an excellent captain and fisherman. Uncle Joe LePree and I went snook... read more

Reviewed October 17, 2017
rosemarytduke
Islamorada, Florida
Great time with Capt. Brett

We hooked up with Capt. Brett with the goal of being able to put our kids on Tarpon and he did not... read more

Reviewed June 30, 2017
Rick_Sineath
Lexington, South Carolina

All reviews captain brett cheeca lodge great fishing pier fight equipment catching bait tarpon keys boat
Reviewed July 7, 2016 via mobile

Captain Brett was great with my boys. Not only did he teach them about fishing in the back country, he shared is "honey hole"! We caught a variety of fish, such as shark and a 350 lb Goliath grouper! The grouper was so big it came up from the bottom and ate the shark we had on the line. Experience of a lifetime! Thank you Captain Brett!

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed December 10, 2015

Captain Brett Hagood was incredible. He picked us up at the pier of the hotel where we were staying. It was a private charter with just my boyfriend and myself. Neither of us had ever gone fishing before and he took us to a place where I caught my first fish within minutes. We caught several fish and at the end of the trip he prepared the fish and recommended a restaurant where we could take the fish and have them cooked for dinner. The dinner was incredible and I usually do not like fish.

I would highly recommend hiring Captain Hagood for a fishing trip

Reviewed November 10, 2015

For three years in a row, we (4 of us) have being coming down to Islamorada and always spend several days fishing with Captain Brett. Knock on wood, we have not had a miss yet. Tons of fish, including as many as you can eat, beautiful scenery and great laughs. He takes us to different locations throughout the day, so we catch a variety of fish (over 100 fish and 22 different species one day) and do some deeper fishing and some shallow mangrove fishing. The days fishing are always the highlight of our trip. Captain Brett knows the keys, the fish and the spots. We now give Captain Brett our dates as far in advance as possible so we can be sure that we can fish with him when we are in town. See you again in January and February!

Date of experience: November 2015
Reviewed October 21, 2015

We booked a fishing trip with Brett through Cheeca Lodge. What a great decision! We are not fishermen, but Brett was patient and we lost track of how many fish we caught. We even got to take some of our fish to Lazy Days for dinner. This was a memorable trip and we would absolutely call him again!!

Reviewed October 14, 2015

Brett perfectly executed a two hour fishing adventure for my husband and me, neither of which are avid fishermen. He chose a spot that provided an exhilarating ride, then lots of action with catch and release. He was patient in coaching on casting skills, and very personable. We will recommend him to everyone who's interested, and call him first when we return to the area.