Review Highlights
Great day of fishing with Capt. Brett Hagood.

Capt. Brett Hagood is an excellent captain and fisherman. Uncle Joe LePree and I went snook... read more

Reviewed October 17, 2017
rosemarytduke
Islamorada, Florida
Great time with Capt. Brett

We hooked up with Capt. Brett with the goal of being able to put our kids on Tarpon and he did not... read more

Reviewed June 30, 2017
Rick_Sineath
Lexington, South Carolina

All reviews captain brett cheeca lodge great fishing pier fight equipment catching bait tarpon keys boat
Reviewed November 1, 2016

Go fishing with Captain Brett. You won't be disappointed! We fished 3 different areas -- around mangroves in the Everglades, the flats and then in one of the channels. We caught a great variety of fish. Grouper, lady fish, snappers, yellow fin, blue fins, grunts, catfish. We've done some fishing before but are pretty much beginners. He gave us some great tips we can use when we go fishing off the dock at home and did a great job of explaining things. Brett seems to be a really good guy. He picked us up at the dock at Cheeca Lodge, where we were staying. Because the water was a bit rough, rather than going all the way around in choppy water to drop us off, he went directly to the marina and drove us back to Cheeca. I'd say anyone could fish with him -- young, old, novice or seasoned. We will definitely fish with him the next time we are in Islamorada!

CaptBrettHagood, Owner at True Island Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2016

Thank you, Cindy! It was a pleasure fishing with you and Jon, and I hope to see you both on your next trip - Fins Up!!

Reviewed July 7, 2016 via mobile

Captain Brett was great with my boys. Not only did he teach them about fishing in the back country, he shared is "honey hole"! We caught a variety of fish, such as shark and a 350 lb Goliath grouper! The grouper was so big it came up from the bottom and ate the shark we had on the line. Experience of a lifetime! Thank you Captain Brett!

Reviewed December 10, 2015

Captain Brett Hagood was incredible. He picked us up at the pier of the hotel where we were staying. It was a private charter with just my boyfriend and myself. Neither of us had ever gone fishing before and he took us to a place where I caught my first fish within minutes. We caught several fish and at the end of the trip he prepared the fish and recommended a restaurant where we could take the fish and have them cooked for dinner. The dinner was incredible and I usually do not like fish.

I would highly recommend hiring Captain Hagood for a fishing trip

Reviewed November 10, 2015

For three years in a row, we (4 of us) have being coming down to Islamorada and always spend several days fishing with Captain Brett. Knock on wood, we have not had a miss yet. Tons of fish, including as many as you can eat, beautiful scenery and great laughs. He takes us to different locations throughout the day, so we catch a variety of fish (over 100 fish and 22 different species one day) and do some deeper fishing and some shallow mangrove fishing. The days fishing are always the highlight of our trip. Captain Brett knows the keys, the fish and the spots. We now give Captain Brett our dates as far in advance as possible so we can be sure that we can fish with him when we are in town. See you again in January and February!

Reviewed October 21, 2015

We booked a fishing trip with Brett through Cheeca Lodge. What a great decision! We are not fishermen, but Brett was patient and we lost track of how many fish we caught. We even got to take some of our fish to Lazy Days for dinner. This was a memorable trip and we would absolutely call him again!!