I stayed at this property with my two young children and my grandmother for 4 nights over our Spring Break during the first week of April. As long as your expectations are not too high, you won't be too disappointed. I am a Florida resident so I have come to realize that many beach/waterfront resorts are more expensive than what you would normally pay for an average hotel. First for the "Pros" - The property at La Siesta is beautiful and very well maintained. They have beautiful views and plenty of chairs for guests to sit and enjoy it. The pool was fantastic and my children enjoyed using it each day. The zero depth entry is a plus for families with small children or even older people who might have difficulty accessing the water by stairs or ladder. Breakfast by the pool each morning was one of our favorite things about La Siesta. Maintenance staff that we saw around the property were always friendly and greeted us. Now for the "Cons" - The room was what I would describe as clean-ish. Our beds were made each day and we only had towels replaced once during our stay. I don't mind re-using towels but 2 towels for 4 people is just not enough. Housekeeping was not the greatest. When we checked in, there was a pink washcloth that did not belong to us on the floor under the sink. It stayed there until we finally threw it away on day 3. Our stove did not work. I was told that someone would come in check it but never heard any follow up. I ended up being ok with just the microwave so I didn't push the issue. The room we stayed in was outdated, but this is common for many beach resorts I have stayed at. Overall, we enjoyed our stay. My children loved the resort since they are not as picky as adults. We stayed in a pet friendly room and loved being able to have our dog with us. I was not expecting a 5 star hotel so I wasn't too disappointed. For the price, I do wish that the room had been cleaner. The 5 star views and quiet, friendly atmosphere helped make up for my disappointment with the room. If you're expecting a beautiful, super clean room - you will be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the best kept secrets and favorite escapes of Keys aficionados, La Siesta in Islamorada, is located on 6-acres of oceanfront accessible by the historic Overseas Highway at mile marker 80. Our hotel is less than 90 minutes from Miami, putting the resort in the heart of the lively Florida Keys, providing a tranquil escape among native flora and fauna for an uncommonly relaxing retreat. Retreat from the everyday and embrace the natural beauty of Florida at its best. The shimmering blue hues of the Atlantic Ocean will greet you upon arrival and the private sugar sand beach will call your name. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your La Siesta Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Siesta Resort And Marina
- La Siesta Resort & Marina Hotel Islamorada
- La Siesta Resort & Marina Islamorada, Florida