“Good seafood, good service”
Review of Island Grill

Island Grill
Ranked #25 of 97 Restaurants in Islamorada
Price range: US$6 - US$28
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Due to significant damage from Hurricane Irma, we are temporarily closed for renovations. We plan to announce our reopening date in early 2019.
Reviewed August 20, 2018

Ate here 2x during our 10 day stay in the area. Decent food (simple and met expectations) and good service

Write a ReviewReviews (1,818)

Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

We loved the deal. For $20 you get prime rib and a huge baked potatoe. Can't wait for the remodel to take place. Too bad it's closing for a few months. Food was great. Wait staff was very friendly.

Jessica S, General Manager at Island Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2018

Thank you for your great review! We strive to give our customers the best experience possible in this location. Look for us in 2019 back at our beautiful oceanfront spot on snake creek.

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Great staff and menu. Has the chicken wings and they are awesome. My entree with mahi great. Going again today.

Jessica S, General Manager at Island Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Thank you for your great review! We strive to give our guests an enjoyable dining experience!

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

My family is wanted to go here because their other location is shut down because of the hurricane last year, wanting to help a local business but we won’t be back. They had prime rib, we ordered it, it came out cold, I returned it and they reheated the same piece??? It had no taste and was a tough as leather. I felt bad telling waitress how bad it was, the place is empty. No happy house specials, no bartender, the waitresses were doing that too. Took 15 mins for a glass of wine because no one could find bottle opener. Place needs a lot of work.

Jessica S, General Manager at Island Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

WE are very sorry that you were disappointed in your experience at Island Grill. As you mentioned our beautiful waterfront location was destroyed by a category 5 hurricane. Many of us lost our homes and belongings as well. We are temporarily housed in a different location as we rebuild. We struggle to give our customers excellent food and service to compensate for the lack of view. By happy house specials I'm assuming that you mean happy hour? We do indeed have an excellent happy hour between 4 and 6. Happy hours are designed to bring people in in an otherwise slow period of time. I wish that you had brought your displeasure to the attention of our GM Gina. She would have made sure that you were compensated somehow to make your experience better. Please forgive us that our bartender has to do double duty as a server as well. We are all just trying to recover still from the storm and make the best of our temporary location. We plan to reopen early 2019 back to Snake Creek. In the meantime please come in again and tell Gina that you are there. I guarentee a great dining experience.

Reviewed August 4, 2018

DO NOT EAT HERE!!

The atmosphere, service and the food are terrible!!

We came in for a late lunch around 2:00. The restaurant has no views of anything and the ceiling the leaking. She told us just to sit away from the leaks. The hostess talked on her phone the whole time we were there about how uncrowded they were and she was bored. The restaurant is small and there were only 2 other parties there so it was easy to hear.

As for the food.....gross! I had a Mahi Mahi sandwich and the Conch Chowder. The Mahi was dry and the sandwich was just a plain bun with lettuce and tomato. The conch chowder tasted like chili and I don't think it had any "conch". The menu had a lot of pasta and italian options so my one daughter ordered a pizza. It was literally a store bought crust with sauce smeared on and cheese melted....at least that is what it looked and tasted like. My other daughter ordered the chicken alfedo. The chicken was drenched in garlic salt and the alfedo sauce tasted like it was made with cream of mushroom soup. $65 later we were all still hungry and had to go to an early dinner.

Many much better places to eat

Jessica S, Manager at Island Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

We are very sorry that you were disappointed with your visit to Island Grill. As for the view I'm sure that you are aware that our waterfront location was completely devastated by a category 5 hurricane. We struggle to compensate with our great food and service. I wish that at the time you had brought your displeasure to my attention. I could have remedied it for you or compensated somehow. Ground conch is used in our award winning conch chowder maybe you are not familiar with conch chowder but it is traditionally red based and spicy. We will be returning to our waterfront location early 2019. until then if you come back in alert Gina to your return and I promise that you won't be disappointed! Many of us lost our homes and belongings as well as our job locations due to Irma. Although we strive for perfection unfortunately sometimes there is an off day. This review brought one of our staff to tears because it has been a tough year. maybe you could try to be a little kinder before you post and consider that.