“Worst Restaurant I've Visited In Islamorada” 2 of 5 bubbles

Kaiyo Grill & Sushi
Ranked #14 of 91 Restaurants in Islamorada
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a nouveau fusion restaurant, representing eclectic styles of cuisines. We source local and seasonal ingredients to compliment our ever changing menu. We have a wine list that represents 5 continents and over 120 offerings.
Birmingham, Michigan
“Worst Restaurant I've Visited In Islamorada”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

Waited 20 minutes for the server to greet us. All the fish is caught locally or in Hawaii (including the salmon). Sushi rolls below average. Edamame and Snapper overcooked. Inattentive service. Atmosphere horrible. Outdoor seating overlooks dumpster and parking lot.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kristine L

Baltimore, Maryland
“Foodies Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

This is a Japanese place, with lots of sushi and maki. I had a roll, and a couple of other appetizers, while my wife had the udon seafood stew, which is possibly the best we have ever had, including on the French and Italian coasts. It was simply spectacular.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank jgazurian
Miami
“Best food from key largo to Isla Morada”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We are seasonal residents of key largo and look forward to going back to Kaiyo. Never dissapointed!!
Fresh, elegant cuisine. A true gem.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank pilarcm
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
“Amazing food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

We had an amazing meal and service! Scott was our waiter and he is a great employee for Kaiyo Grill. We would encourage anyone in the Florida Keys to stop for dinner. Great Job!

• Visited February 2012
3 Thank Kim S
West palm beach
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Two thumbs down”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

What I liked about the place? It had nice pretty colors, lights, and gorgeous dining room area. A much more fancier restaurant in the keys. I came here last Monday simply because I heard this was the place to go if I wanted sushi. Now, I have eaten sushi all over the world and let me tell you that what I was served was nowhere comparable to real sushi you get at the more authentic restaurants.

I had the most odd arrangement of sashimi I have ever seen and it didn't seem appetizing either. They did have great plates by the way but even the rolls we ordered were jam packed with rice and cut unevenly. When I eat in at a fine-dining restaurant I expect the food to exquisitely be up to par with their prices and this definitely wasn't the case.

Visited February 2012