“WEBSITE GIVES WRONG INFORMATION”

Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Medina, New York
“WEBSITE GIVES WRONG INFORMATION”
Reviewed 25 May 2012

My mother in law booked this hotel for the family. It stated 3 bedroom suite for a flat rate. When she went to check out, she saw that she was being charged per person. The front desk clerk stated that when he called headquarters to see why they would do this they explained the rooms are generally only for 2 people. SO A SUITE WITH 3 BEDS AND A PULL OUT COUCH IS FOR ONLY 2 PEOPLE AT THIS PLACE. Then they had the nerve to ask the front desk clerk "WHAT IS THE CUSTOMERS PROBLEM SHE WAS ONLY CHARGED 12.00 MORE." When actually she was charged much more than that.
ON TOP OF THAT THE TOWELS WERE STAINED!!! EWWW!!! When we first pulled up this rude lady with a thick jamaican accent asked me rudely how many towels we would need. Then when I told her we were all staying together she tried to tell me we werent. A dirty towel that was used to clean up a puddle of coffee sat there the 2 days we stayed. A man also came to our door that looked shady telling us that our toilet needed to be looked at because we placed a call for it. He didnt believe us when we said actually we never did. Come to find out he does work there but he didnt look professional so we were nervous. The breakfast was choice of package muffin, cold cereal, or an orange. I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS IS A PART OF A DAYS INN FRANCHISE!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Vintage N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
MKE
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Over New Years we rented 3 rooms here to attend a wedding near by. The rooms were in the front part of the complex around a court yard that was full of plant litter, trash, and burnt out grills. The door to our 1st unit required a shoulder to force it open.The unit had no micro wave
(both the other units had one. When asked at the desk the clerk had no idea that the room was without one. Employees should know the rooms. The rates were not cheap. The other parts of the resort seemed well kept. The breakfast was poorly set up. We had to ask for different items, creamers, sweeteners, fruit. Each time we had to interrupt talk between the staff. (Poor Customer Service!)
We noted on the customer review card the problems and dropped it in the the comment box. We never heard any feed back. We went as far as to send a note to the corporate office. NO RESPONSE!! This company needs to look at what the consumer thinks and says! To those of you who travel here beware!

Room Tip: Not front units!!!!!!!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank DMWFB

Travellers are raving about these Islamorada hotels

Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

I have been around the world! If people expect a five star resort they should go pay for one. They'll only do it once. If I had booked because of the reviews I would have missed a great experience. The rooms were fine, clean and better than we thought they would be. It is obviously an island. With water all the way around it!! If you don't know how to deal with the sub tropics then stay home! Otherwise, if you want to have fun and be centrally located in the keys, stay at this place. It's the keys, RELAX and enjoy.

• Stayed March 2012
4 Thank Swadesound
Tampa
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stacy was working the front desk when I inquired about a room for 2 nights. When I wasn't thrilled with the price, Stacy was willing to assist even as far as calling other hotels for me & trying to find me a cheaper rate. I was so impressed with her customer service that I agreed to pay the rate & stayed for the 2 nights. While I wasn't at the hotel most of my 2 days, when I was there, it was pleasant. My room was comfortable & I did not want for anything. Thank you Stacy.

Room Tip: See Stacy for your specific needs. She goes "above & beyond" to assist travelers.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JackiOTampa
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We came down to the keys for our anniversary. It turned into our worst nightmare! I thought no way can this dump be a part of the franchise... I mean come on at close to 300 a night we had to deal with termite droppings on our bed,mildew in the shower, the overall smell of mildew,windows with no screens,noisy fan motor in the bathroom,stained towels,black mold behind appliances..the list is endless. This place doesnt need a remodel it needs to be knocked down and rebuilt! The staff is less then willing to please,when i confronted the woman at the desk all she could tell me was I needed to speak to a manager and unfortunately there wasnt one available!we ended up leaving that morning (one night in the dump) . My word of advice, go to another hotel if one isnt available...SLEEP IN YOUR CAR!!!

• Stayed March 2012
4 Thank ItTakes2toTango
New Jersey
Reviewed 17 April 2012 via mobile

Just one night. Thank God. We were in the tower building. It was dirty and uncomfortable, so that we couldn't wait to leave on Sunday morning and had to wait for someone to attend the front desk to check out. For more than $300 for the night and not have a working ice machine in the building is ridculous.

Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Len S
Kohler, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We stayed at Days Inn for 2 nights in early April. The problem with Islamorada was that there is really very little to choose from in the middle price range ($150-200). There are a few higher end places, and a few low end places. Days Inn seemed like a reasonable compromise. It was not. The room we stayed in was very old, very small, with almost no amenities. I understand that the property is old, but there does not seem any effort to make even the smallest updates. For example, the toilet seat looked very, very worn and should have been replaced years ago. Worst of all, the room seemed dirty. To be fair, I do have to say that we did see a room in the newer 4 story structure and it seemed decent, but significantly more expensive. Next time, given a choice I would probably not stay in Islamorada, but in Key Largo or Marathon.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple