“The customer service was great, however the smell outside...”

Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed 14 June 2017

The customer service was great, however the smell outside was so awful you could smell it from inside the room. The sheets and carpet have stains and Wifi never worked.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 June 2017

We stayed here for one night with a large group headed to Florida Sea Base. It was the perfect arrangement for our group of dads and sons. Nice rooms well configured for a large group. Friendly, helpful staff. Price was right too.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2017

If you're planning on staying in Islamorada, either it's for a night in transit from the other keys, or you're there for fishing. I was there for a fishing tournament so I can't complain much. (no wife to impress). The room lay-outs were great. They had a few different options from standard room, to fancy suite. We had all of them and hung out in all rooms. The rooms are well kept and clean minus a few household repairs to ceiling, walls, and cabinets. Beds were comfortable and everything worked decent, minus the storm drains and sewage smell. The parking lot is always flooded. The staff there is always great.(tip them well)
Location is what sells this place. It's central to all marinas, stores, restaurants, and bars. There's an equipment rental company working behind the hotel in a bay area so you can just jump on a boat or jet ski whenever as well.
I don't think I'd stay there with my wife, but I'll definitely be back for the next fishing tournament.

Room Tip: spend more for a better room. It's worth it. nice kitchens for families in the suites.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

We had a blast. Make sure you check in with Keith. He will take care of you! We came from out of state for a fishing competition. Keith was tentative and understanding of our needs. Everything was clean and ready to go. No complaints at all.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Wow where to begin....I was rather disappointed in my stay at this establishment. First I requested a room that was pet friendly and early check in, so they upgraded my room to ocean view that doesn't allow pets. After we got the room situated they told me I had to pay $50 more for this room because my original room was already booked to someone else. I then asked if you offer a military or law enforcement discount and was told no on this room because it was already as cheap as they could go. The room itself was good size with lots of space, it looked clean as we first entered but looks can be deceiving. There was old bars of soap lined up across the top of the shower, the mattress was hard as a rock and you could feel the springs and had stains on it. There is only 1 A/C unit in these rooms so the bedroom was so hot we could not sleep in it. The front and back doors didn't seal well so we ended up with bugs all over the floor and walls the next morning. I would have been more comfortable just sleeping in my car. Upon checkout I was hoping to speak with a staff member so I could complain about these issues but they never came out of the office and I was tired of waiting so I threw my keys on their desk and walked out. Do not stay here EVER!!!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2017

The stay was nice with interesting plants, breakfast included, bed springs are old and son had tough night with mattress. Hey ski rental near by.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2017

The hotel is Average at best but was located near our charter. To the guys it was a place to crash but the accommodation was not up to Mom's standards.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family