We had low expectations for the $85 / night rate, but that's fine. We just wanted, clean, cheap and safe for a few nights.
We got relatively clean, relatively cheap (although the kitchenette rooms no longer have microwaves so save your extra $10)
Safe? Not even close. The smoke detector beeped all night because there was no AC power to it and the bargain basement 9volt backup battery was dead. Removing the unit to change the battery revealed the safety label "Replace Unit By 2002"!
The television in the room SIZZLED for 1/2 an hour each time you turned it on because it was full of water. One visit from a competent Fire Marshall would have this place shut down,
Spend a little more and go somewhere safe. It's not worth dying in the Sunset Inn.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Hotel Islamorada
- Sunset Inn Islamorada, Florida