See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 16, 2016 via mobile

If you're not looking for something small I don't recommend this resort, but in overall its a very cute, quite little place.I keep reading reviews saying this place was dirty, in my room it was very clean (which I wasn't expecting). I was only there for a day. It was very convenient for me because its in the middle of the keys, your an hour up north from key largo and your an hour down south from key west. This place is very cheap (in comparison to key west hotels/resorts) and in the future if I choose to go back to the keys, i would book this place again :)
And if you don't like the parking you can ask the receptionist to park next to the small house located next to the bonefish resort.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jesica A
Reviewed November 23, 2015 via mobile

No real parking spaces (we had to park on the side of the road), towels would be great if living in a world filled with anorexic midgets, the ac unit sounds as if it's trying to moonlight as a power blender, light switches may or may not actually do something, "window" (and I use the term extremely loosely here) managed to half fall out when I tried to close it, and the icing on the cake is the wonderful "resort fee" that's tacked on to the already-over-top fee for a bed with four walls.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Linzyrei
Reviewed September 25, 2015 via mobile

We visited Bonefish "Resort" on 09/19/15 & checked out on 09/20/15. My first impression was "what kind of crack shack place is this? !?" To start, you park just a couple of feet off of Overseas Hwy and there's only a couple of spots. Then you go to where the office is and you see a sign on the door to go 300 ft north to another hotel to check in. When we got our room key and opened the door, I kinda wanted to go sleep in our truck. Small tv, sagging bed that had no firmness on the side so we almost rolled right off, tiny bathroom you can barely fit into. .. There's no care taken of the buildings, which look like storage trailers sunk in sand. Our neighbors were outside at a table most of the night, drinking. As we tried to leave our room, or deadbolt sick and it took 4-5 minutes to get out. We wandered to the pool area, which was dark though it's open 24/7. The little cabana/walk out was also dark. People had unscrewed the light bulbs. ..complete disappointment. And they charge you a "resort fee" to stay at this dump. When we went to the office, located at another hotel, to tell them about the deadbolt, the lady behind the desk acted like she could care less. Back in our room, we didn't dare shower because the shower floor was nasty. We didn't sleep much because of the decades old bed and the noise of the traffic from the highway. Don't stay here. If you want a nice resort with a beautiful pool area, let me know and I'll tell you the great place we found!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alykaboom
Reviewed August 11, 2015 via mobile

We spent a couple of nights at this wonderful older motel which is actually in Grassy Key. We had an efficiency cottage facing the water and it was delightful. It is old and simply decorated And needs some work but it was clean and sufficiently stocked and the atmosphere was just what we were looking for.there is a very small pool and a covered deck which sits right out over the water..a good place to start and end the day. Each morning a flock of ibises surrounded the pool to drink water and later in the morning the iguanas came out to feed on the sea grape bushes and lounge around the pool..it was such a refreshing laid back place and I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda B
Reviewed August 11, 2015

We stayed awhile back and it was a very pleasant time. Clean room, service, great front desk and really nice time. Some things have changed. Basically, you want a cheap, low end stay near water, then is it. Don't expect much more and you'll be fine. Saw no roaches, just a general decline in facilities since the last time we stayed.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple