“Great place to stop for lunch when driving to Key West”

Brutus Seafood Market & Eatery
Ranked #13 of 94 Restaurants in Marathon
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Brutus Seafood is a fresh seafood market and full service restaurant who offers a wide range of signature sandwiches, salads, and baskets with unique daily specials. We feature only the freshest local seafood from the Florida Keys, certified Angus beef, and slow roasted meats. Our cool relaxed tiki is the perfect place to enjoy your next meal! Brutus Seafood also offers fresh, in season seafood, and prepared homemade seafood salads. We also ship our fresh seafood anywhere in the continental United States. We are a family operated business who has been in the service industry for over 10 years. Stop in and be welcomed by our friendly staff!
Reviewed May 27, 2018

This is a seafood market that also serves food so you know the food is going to be fresh and tasty. We were driving to one of the keys south of here and found this place for lunch. Wine selection is limited. Cafe atmosphere. It is right off the highway - has outside seating but we ate inside cause it was toasty out.

We had the fried Mahi Mahi Bites and the Vaca Salad with Cobia Fish. Both were wonderful.

Reviewed May 14, 2018

Can not even think of one negative for here. They cooked every bit of food we had perfectly including the cracked conk which we had tried at another spot and did not like. The staff was friendly and fast.

Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

Buffalo Mahi bites were the best thing we tried! My group had a burger, Cuban, fish sandwich, fish tacos, and bacon wrapped shrimp. Everyone was satisfied with their meals. The spicy fries were really good, the bean salad wasn’t my favorite thing but my husband liked it. My fish tacos were great. I ordered blackened Mahi and it wasn’t very spicy but still had a great flavor.

Reviewed May 4, 2018 via mobile

This place is awesome. It’s right On the highway and has the best food and prices in the area for fresh seafood. Only problem is that it is mainly a market so they close at 5 so go for lunch or early dinner.

Reviewed April 30, 2018

Traveling from Islamorada to Key West stopped at Brutus wow what great food!!! I've had fresh fish etc from the Keys, but this was exceptional I would highly recommend this eatery. I am hoping to check on their shipping program. I had the calamari salad and my husband had the fish tacos both exceptional.