“Great sushi and Thai food!”

Takara Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 94 Restaurants in Marathon
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed December 18, 2015

I was blown away by the quality of the food at this restaurant. The Tom kha soup is my favorite, and the sushi has never disappointed. There aren't many (or any at all) places around here that have Thai or Japanese food so I was very happy to find this gem. Would recommend to anyone visiting. Or anyone in general!

Reviewed December 15, 2015

I come to eat here at least once a week. I always order the same thing and its always that same. Heaven Beef, its so good.

Reviewed December 11, 2015

The server was very friendly. This is the only place that I know of in Marathon that serves pad Thai and tomkha soup and it is delicious!! You can tell all of the produce is super fresh! I got some sort of spring roll appetizer that was full of insanely fresh lettuce and veggies with 2 delicious sauces to choose from. My boyfriend had the chicken teriyaki but said he would order the pad thai next time after trying mine. Its nice to have a solid place to get a little Thai food in Marathon!

Reviewed September 30, 2015

Me and my boyfriend came down for a week and stay at Marathon Key Beach club. I was looking up restaurants in the area and came across this one. We decided to give it a try. When we got there I almost turned around, there where no cars there so I wad like maybe this place is nasty that's why no one was there. I was wrong, they open late so they just opened when we got there. The food was very delicious, and we may go back before we leave. So if you are in Marathon this is a must try.

Reviewed August 30, 2015 via mobile

My husband and I introduced a couple, new in town, to Takara, and ended up sharing and comparing each dish. Each plate seemed to contain treats that recalled the "Grass is greener" adage! The curry was fabulous, sushi tasty and superbly presented, soups were top of the line...all served up by a clever, funny waiter. Altogether a pleasant and satisfying meal