“Authentic Margherita Pizza, friendly servers”

Made In Italy Kissimmee
Ranked #190 of 904 Restaurants in Kissimmee
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Description: Not only does our restaurant serve splendid authentic Italian cuisine, we also provide our guest with exceptional service and a great environment.
Reviewed July 14, 2017

Staying with an AirBnB host, while in Kissimmee for a conference. Her friends recommended this place when I said I wanted to go to a terrific local restaurant. They told me I would LOVE the Margherita Pizza, and they were correct. I also got the fried Calamari, nice, light, great flavor, fried correctly. Very kind and quick service :) I would go back here over and over and over (and over!!!!) , just for this AMAZING brick-oven fired pizza!!

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed June 15, 2017 via mobile

Supposedly the owner is a former Epcot Via Napoli employee.
And we have a Vera Napolitano pizzeria (certified authentic be a board in Naples--sane certification as Via Napoli) near us at home as well. We love this kind of pizza.
We heard about Made In Italy from a friend. I was excited to try it.
The pizza is nothing like what we expected. It was flat, heavy, tasteless.
Too bad.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed May 21, 2017

The food itself deserves a 5. The rest of the experience 2 or below and here is why.... Having tasted Italian food all my life there is no denying the few dishes they make elicit flavors and memories of the best Italian cuisine ever. The pizza baked in a 900+ degree wood oven with imported Italian ingredients is to die for carrying on the Neapolitan legacy of time past. In fact, I recall seeing before one of the chef owners, Giovanni, if not mistaken, working at the Italian restaurant in EPCOT. You don't forget Chefs that elevate simple food ingredients to masterpieces. However, in order to endure an enjoyable palatable venture, the ambiance, the host and the waiter have to be part of the experience. Here is where "Made In Italy" fails miserably. The hostess/waiter/part owner, Thalia, tries to wear too many hats and becomes master of none. The other two waiters, both born in Venezuela but with Italian ancestry are unable to smile (I guess because of the current situation their country faces) . Examples.They tell you and seat you wherever they feel like regardless of your preference. The place could be empty and if you want to seat in a bigger table of four (if there is two of you) they won't let you. Seldom do they say Hi or Hello or acknowledge you as a customer when you come in. The same happens when you leave. They advertise a closing time of 10:00 PM but if you come 30 to 15 minutes before closing, forget about it. You get no service. You don't feel like a customer and you feel ignored. They seem to be upset at your arrival. The family friendly atmosphere is just no there. I can say that this is not an isolated occurrence since I have been there more than seven times, I wish the Chef owner could see it from a customer's point of view and retrain his staff otherwise this reviewer will have no choice but to eat mediocre food elsewhere but with excellent service. Thanks.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed May 3, 2017

I have tried LOTS of authentic itallian pizzerias....you guys. This one is the best. BEST PIZZA. The classic margharitta was just flavorful and perfect.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed April 14, 2017

My wife and I recently returned from a glorious eight days in sunny Florida where we spent most of the day by a fantastic pool and early evenings dining at some of our favorite local restaurants. One afternoon as we were contemplating where to go for our evening meal, I began reading reviews of a new Italian restaurant in historic Kissimmee. Everything I read encouraged me that we should get reservations and give it a try. My wife and I have visited Italy twice in the last couple years and I went alone last October to study Italian in Siena. We have dined at some excellent restaurants while there, so our standards are pretty high. To cut to the chase, Made in Italy is as close to what you would expect at a genuine trattoria as you will find this side of the Atlantic! That is no exaggeration. The chief, Giovanni, is from Naples where the best pizza makers originate. That's not to say that he's a one trick pony, because the first night we dined there we orders entrees that were delicious, fresh, and authentic. We were seating by the area where the pizzas were assembled and baked (in an authentic wood fired oven that Giovanni made himself) and were so impressed that we returned a few days later to sample a georgeous eggplant and prosciutto version! I can honestly say that it was easily one of the best pizzas I've ever eaten! If you go, and I highly recommend that you do, please tell Thalia, the hostess and Giovanni's wife, that Signore Natalie said Ciao and we hope to enjoy their fantastic cuisine again in the not too distant future!

Date of visit: March 2017