“Never Again”

Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 26 October 2016

Recent lunch visit, cannot recommend. The food was terrible. Nothing tasted even remotely Italian. My husband had the baked ziti - horrible. Even worse was my Alfredo, the cheese was not butter and parmesan, just some greasy coating over stuck together noodles, big yuck! The menu stated a salad was included. After some time, we asked for same and the waitress replied "You didn't say you wanted it." It is difficult to say whether the food or service was the low point. As I said, never again.

Reviewed 19 July 2016

I got the Chicken and yellow rice with a small side salad. The dish came out hot and very tasty. The chicken was below, covered by the rice and it was a mound of food. The chicken was falling off the bone and the rice was amazing. The salad was so so but only $2.50. I would eat here again.

Reviewed 2 February 2016 via mobile

The food was passable at best. We had spaghetti and eggplant parmesian. The food was not very hot, it hAd a nice spice to it. The eggplant was obviously a frozen item with way too much cheese on it. We received burnt rolls when we were almost finished with the meal. The bathroom was DIRTY. The floors in the eating area could have used some vacuuming. I think the food must be normally good, as the place was busy at 2:00 - not a normally busy time. We will try one more time for the Mexican food..no tacos..not quite like a menu we are used to, but we are far from qualified to say if it is or isn't authentic. The pizza at the other table did look pretty good. Maybe we just ordered a weak spot in the menu. We will try one more time, if it isn't cleaner, we are done.

Reviewed 26 January 2016

The Poinciana area of Kissimmee has a dearth of restaurants, other than the unpalatable fast food. In need of lunch, and not wanting artery-clogging fries, I stopped in Slice of New York thinking it was only a pizza venue. The cafeteria style venue surprised me. I chose the carne guisada (beef stew, $4.95) with beans & rice, plantains, and an avocado salad. Having an aversion to soda and sugary drinks, I asked for tap water. Service was pleasant and prompt, the meal above average.

At the register, I paid for the meal but didn't check the ticket until arriving home. There was a charge of $1.25 for "Lunch Special Drink" (tap water!), and $1.00 for "Open Item"--whatever that was. Not part of the lunch special, the added avocado salad was $2.50. This means that the added items totaled almost $4.95, the lunch special price. The tap water "Lunch Special Drink" was 25 percent of the lunch cost.

Although the food is adequate, the added charges left a bad taste that lingers.

1  Thank DeanMurphy2020
Reviewed 23 November 2015 via mobile

We frequent this restaurant often, sometimes for the pizza special or the Latin food combo. Great prices for a lot of food especially before 3pm. The food is very tasty & the staff are always friendly and pleasant.