Palm Lakefront Resort and Hostel
Magic Key Resort(Kissimmee)
Sunset Lakes(Orlando)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Palm lakefront is a great place to stay. It's just in front of a lake (as the name says) that's lovely!
People are really friendly, especially Aaron, the owner. He always has good tricks and tips about the city and even about EVERYTHING you can ask him for! He helped us to buy a car, and now we can travel thanks to him!
Thank you so much for all that you've done!
We definitely recommend this hostel for anyone who is traveling around Orlando!

The French Cousins!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank thec0usins
Reviewed January 9, 2011

Okay firstly I only stayed here because I needed somewhere cheap to stay to visit the theme parks! I only paid $10 a night which is excellent considering what the resorts charge!! The manager was nice, I've read differently, and helpful to my requests- such as checking in at 130am.

He also organised a cheap shuttle for a few of us to go to Universal Studios for around $10 return, which saved me much hassle with buses and so forth- as the hostel is quite far from the theme parks....you really need a car to get around.

The actual hostel is very basic, and the bathroom was quite small and unclean. The kitchen was big enough but digusting and didn't look like it has been cleaned properly. The whole place seemed rundown and shabby. Though if you just need somewhere to basically sleep and eat to go to the theme parks and are on a tight budget, it's a good place!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Simon255100
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Awful hostel. Seemed to be only one man working there, very unfriendly. Grunted when I went to shake his hand. Rubbish everywhere, saw trollies full of rubbish in one room. Swimming pool was closed due to 'hazardous chemicals'. Everything very run down, location not good. The toilets also overflowed and the communal area smelt very bad. I travelled with my twin sister and we did not feel safe there at all. We didn't even spend one night there, we paid and then left to go and stay at another hostel. Would not recommend one bit.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2010

When I came here, there was thunderstorms and I was carrying about 3 stone in weight on a backpacker excursion. I had a pleasant welcome and some of the unique characters I met while staying there was great. However, I do have a number of gripes which involve the kitchen area mainly due to a lack of cleaning, but, that may have been due to a few untidy guests.

Even though the beds and hostel was a good clean stay, I felt as though there wasn't alot to do and getting to attractions without a vehical was a challenge in itself. Worth a visit but not a prolonged stay in my book.

Unique Qualities: STAFF FRIENDLY,

NICE VIEW OF THE LAKE OUT BACK.

RIGHT IN MIDDLE OF KISSIMEE - DIFFICULT TO GET ANYWHERE THOUGH.

NO LOCKOUTS AND NO CURFUE EXCEPT FOR CHECK IN

Address: {--}

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank johnretroreload
Reviewed March 29, 2009

Palm Lakefront has a lot to offer the hosteler as it's right in the center of the Kissimmee / Hwy 192, near I-4 and all the Orlando tourist offerings. Jerry and crew do a great job keeping the place up and making sure everything is in working condition. The Kitchen area is nice and the common area has plenty of room for several using wifi laptops. There is a charming lake right out back, and in contrast, busy hwy 192 out front. The dorm bed was $19 plus tax, which made it just over $21. You will meet many people from all over the place here, especially the Jamaicans women who work around the area. Put a little cylypso music on if you have some.

On the down side, the place is crowed... very much so. 8 beds to a small motel room is not exactly "spacious".. lol. Waiting for the bathroom could be frustrating. Considering that almost all the nearby hotels are really cheap (we're talking from $25-40) it's definitely cheaper for groups of 2 or more to get a motel room and enjoy the space. Don't worry about finding one, they are ALL over the place. Also, the place could be tough to find. Look for the numbers on the buildings to know when you're getting close, or just look for the Super 8 motel and know it the next building east. With so many around, watch your possession carefully.. if you know what I mean. I don't remember seeing any lockers.

Overall, it's a nice place, albeit crowded, especially when there are soooo many other hotels around. If you're there for the tourist offerings, like Disney, it's also very conveniently located.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo