“Not bad!”

Sulaf Hotel LBV South
Ranked #113 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 7 April 2015 via mobile

Okay, first off, come on. This is a cheaper alternative in a semi rundown city. It's not upper class. With that being said, don't expect bells and whistles and Disney worthy employees. Though, I must say, the employees during my stay were wonderful!

My best friend and I are in our twenties, and decided on a 4 day trip to Disney. We were given a 2nd floor and, unfortunately, we were put next door to a handful of drunk men. They were crude and cat calling as we lugged our bags in, which made me super uncomfortable. I called the front desk and a super kind woman told me she would call them up. She did, and we ended up running into them again with them apologizing.

The place was clean. And actually close to Disney. I know my way around and loved how easy it was to come back to the room midday and change clothes to park hop. We never ate the breakfast, but did grab coffee. All in all, wonderful and cheap alternative!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank MermaidOnTheRoad

Reviewed 4 April 2015

I have never seen any hotel that is as bad as this one. Avoid this place!! The manager is combative and a total jerk. The place is run down and filthy, not a good example of a Red Roof Inn. Look at all the bad reviews on this place. I wish we had looked before we booked. We never stayed, we checked out immediately because of the room condition and management attitude.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Timothy O
Reviewed 3 April 2015

I spend big bucks for this motel room which was called a suite. A real joke. Needs good cleaning but the funniest thing was that their floating wood floor contoured the 2 beds . the beds were sitting on concrete floor. I guess they wanted to save money but I have never seen anything like that.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank lawler08402
Reviewed 25 March 2015

We tried to find one of the cheapest but decently reviewed hotels and that's what we got. Would have stayed on Disney property if we weren't cheap, broke college kids. A friend of mine was also staying here the same time so it was nice to have her send pictures of their room before we checked in and I was just happy it wasn't a total dump. We stayed for 3 nights and were at the Disney parks for 2 days.

I was pleasantly surprised by how nice the lobby looked when we checked in. The lady at the desk was also very nice and helpful.

We didn't have time for the pool but it was good to see people enjoying it.

Fridge was overly frozen and had rust in some spots. The floors were clean. Our shower tub creaked every time you moved around and you could always hear when other people were showering or flushing the toilet around us.

We only used this room to shower and sleep. We would wake up early in the morning to get to park open and be out until park close. After our full last day we arrived back tired and sore and our room smelled like weed, we assumed someone was smoking it outside and it got into our fan or something...so that was gross but it went away shortly/we were all really tired and fell asleep anyways.

overall, we got what we payed for and I felt safe for the most part here.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed 24 March 2015 via mobile

The motel is clean, staff is friendly, does not have a lot of amenities, but if you're paying $40 a night, you shouldn't expect a lot of amenities. TV works, shower is clean, bed sleeps well, I will be staying here again!

Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank aquariumgravel
Reviewed 23 March 2015

I normally equate a Red Roof Inn with decent quality; this location was maybe a step above a Motel 6. The only reason I didn't give it a "Terrible" rating is the front desk and housekeeping staff were pleasant and helpful. The room has it's own noisy air conditioner that you can't direct the flow so was blowing on me all night every night. The manager was very standoffish and the shuttle that was supposed to take us to Disney was a complete disappointment as it was a no-show one day and ran an hour late the next. To top it off, we found a roach on the last day in the bathroom and the toilet water valve was leaking. For the same price range or a little more, you can find better.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2015

I have been a red roof fan for years....mostly because they are dog friendly and do not charge extra.
I have noticed them going down hill the last year or so. No more continental breakfast....garbage around property...run down.
There were no bed bugs as that is the first thing I check. I was in room 110. It overlooked the pool which is nice. The pool looked nice but it was not heated so freezing cold. The hot tub that was broken had no sign on or around it. The office should have told us as we all went down there ready to go in and could not. In the morning I saw what appeared to be the pool man....he put chemicals in the broken hot tub and only skimmed the pool but did not vacuum it. Being a pool owner I noticed this was not done properly.
The room was average size. I am sure the cleaners are rushed through each room but the handles on microwave....fridge...door knobs were disgusting. I went and bought Lysol wipes to clean it myself. My socks were completely black from walking on the floor. The bathroom was clean. We only had two towels for 4 people. I was told to come to office to get more. Also room key did not work half the time...we finally went to office and got a hard key. The room was run down more than anything...you can tell when staying in a hotel if things are run down or just a couple repairs needed.
Internet worked pretty good in the room we were at.
Beds were fair I have seen worse.
I found it unsettling that the ice maker that was broken months ago still is not fixed.
Red roof does not seem to care anymore...so as I am I suggest looking for another hotel that takes dogs. I know I will when traveling again in three weeks. $80 a night not worth it

Room Tip: Room 110 was quiet and internet good