“Love this hotel”

Champions World Resort
Ranked #33 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stayed at champions from feb 16 to the 23..this I my second stay here. I went last year and loved it so much..for the price you can't go wrong. Service is great check in and check out no problems..I was givin a poolside room but asked to be changed to another and was switched no problem..my only complaint was how busy the hotel was...good for the hotel but my favorite spot th jacuzzi was always packed and my second to last day I realy needed to soak in it but the jets weren't working bc some idiot turned the knob the wrong way and broke it..I don't understand whypeople complain about this hotel everythin about this place is great and for the price you can't beat it..trust me I wouldn't go back if it wasn't a great plce..don't listen to ppl whoost bad reviews they just want a 5 star hotel for a 3 star price...stay here u won't regret it

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank jennifer1202
Write a ReviewReviews (2,188)

Reviewed 25 March 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel and both times have been totally trouble free. We stayed for 10 nights and had no problems. The room was clean and was cleaned every day, towels and bed sheets changed we came back every day to a spotless room. We only seen reception staff to check in and out but they seemed friendly enough and there were no additional charges over what we paid when we booked. The location is exellent, took about 10 mins to get to disney and about 20 mins to Universal and Seaworld. Aircon and tv worked well and there was always a parking space outside our room despite the hotel being quite busy over spring break.

I will definatly stay here again if back in Orlando :)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lucylou27
Reviewed 22 March 2012

the room was ok we did find one roach in the bathroom there was a constant foul odor and construction going on upstairs that woke us up every morning but thats not even my complaint seeing as how we got the room for $29 a night what can you expect we wanted to stay another couple of days so we could drive to the beach and have somewhere to stay that night the lady at the front desk told me to buy another voucher from the half off depot for the $29 a night room rate and i could just renew and rebook the same room so i spent my last allotment of hotel money purchasing the voucher when i went to redeem it she told me i had to call the reservation number so i did which just transfered me right back to her she then proceeded to tell me i just wasted my money and have no where to stay because they cant accept the vouchers until after april 15th i asked her why they accepted my previous vouchers for my current stay she said it was a mistake so now we have nowhere to stay for the night and stuck with a voucher we will never use! the maid staff were exceptionally nice they need to have them working at the front desk and the front desk people cleaning the rooms!

Room Tip: i would recommend not staying right by the pool because every morning right at 9am there will be scr...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Dump. First room had loose electrical outlets and a bathtub that wouldn't drain. Second room had a nearly frozen shower knob, clogged toilet and a the card key lock failed.
Took maintenance an hour to fix it.
The people on staff were nice, but a little slow on everything.

Fridge and 1970s microwave were nice. Beds were okay. Big hot tub with one jet
that worked well. Free shuttle to Disney was useless to us as it only had 2 early pickups
and one late pickup at the park. Bought Disney tickets there to save time. Was charged
an extra $3 per ticket somehow.

Owner is obviously a terrible cheapskate. Stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Try out the shower, toilet and look at electrical outlets before you unpack.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We like Champions.

I recently had the opportunity to visit over 17 orlando hotels in one night (Champions was booked solid) and we were thrilled when we were able to come back to Champions after the seeing what else is out there.

We stayed in left side of the property for the first time and it appeared to have been aquired at a different time than the main property so it has slightly different layout and upgraded AC units.

Rooms looked to be newly renovated. Some of the rooms near the pool area have nice tile floors with large 12inch tiles a nice feature for folks with allergies as there is no carpet!

Cleaning staff this time around was not as good they did not get to our room till late very late in the day and were noisy with their carts going up and down.

However overall like I said after seeing what was else was out there Champions is still top notch for the price!

Side note: In my visit to the other hotels I found that when hotels started booking up some raised their rates by $60+ a night!!! When asked about the discrepancy with prices posted on the signs one clerk was honest and said the boss called and said he heard other properties were filling up and raised the rate for the night!

Now I wont mention names here but let say that Champions DID NOT DO THIS they kept their same rates and were great folks to work with!

Room Tip: If you have allergies you may consider asking for a room with tile floors, a bonus I did not know th...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mystery_Traveler_0
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We tried to like this place, we really did but we had to leave on our 2nd night instead of on the 4th night! It is a run-down version of a La Quinta Inn and the crows that stays there is terrible! The receptionist told me that since theuir bar is open to everyone, they can't really control who comes in or out. We felt really unsafe coming back at night. Our room was by the pool and there were some low-lives who would hassle anyone that would walk by. We even saw 2 men throwing beer bottles from one of the 2nd floor buildings! Felt very unsafe and we looked for another hotel to go to. For a family with kids, I would not reccomend this hotel at all!

Room Tip: Do not get a room by the pool since it doesn't close, there were people screaming outside until...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Maisy S
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Your experience at champions world resort will depend on your personal preferences. We're not big nature lovers but if you love RACCOONS scratching at your door in the middle of the night, on the second floor, then this is the place for you. Do you love the show "how it's made"? Because you'll love how you have to push through a sea of laundry carts and an open/DIRTY laundry room to get to your room. Like swimming in lakes? Well don't worry! At champions the pool is JUST as dirty as a lake. You'll for sure get sick. Security is a priority for many people, at champions, the one guy walking the halls all hours of the night with pillows will make you feel right at home. Also, when we checked in, our door was wide open.... It's always welcoming have to enter your room with a tazor gun for protection. Overall, I would rather sleep on the street then have to stay at Champions World Resort ever again. Make sure to put your "No Moleste" sign on the door! Happy Traveling!

Room Tip: Sleep in your car! It'll be safer!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends