Two parents & two teens stayed 6 nights in late March. Just needed a place to sleep, and I was drawn to the pools and hot tub in addition to the CHEAP price ($35/nite).
I was grossed out by the reviews about dirty carpet, so I asked for a room with no carpet, knowing that these are the remodeled rooms. Bingo! Our room was very clean, with tile floors. VERY roomy for the four of us. Microwave and refrig included. Bed was fine, linens were clean, towels were plentiful. We had a ground floor room and dd not have any bad problems with bugs or reptiles. Some tiny ants across the floor once in awhile. As mentioned in other posts, outlets were "loose" and often had to be "jiggled" to work. Bathroom door would not close, front desk said they'd fix it, but we dealt with it.
Nice to have three pools to choose from - whole place was mostly empty while we were there. Hot tub was HOT! Laundry worked well. Covered pool was gross. So dirty/cloudy you couldn't see the bottom of it. Other two were fine. Hot tub DID NOT smell like chlorine, but was clear water.
It seems that this hotel is trying to cuts some corners to keep costs down. Seems they aren't using chemiclas in their pools. The cups in the room were not packaged - they were just from a pack of styrofoam cups. The grounds were not well kept aside from those near the lobby. The grass around the pool/hot tub area was more than knee high, and the hot tub area was full of weeds. Little things that tell me the hotel pays attention to detail were overlooked.
On the plus - it's an adequate cheap place to stay that is VERY convenient to Disney. Clean and comfortable, just not fancy.
BTW - check out the "nature area" - it's gorgeous!!! They have fire pits and a sandy beach with chairs to use!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Champions World Resort and Nature Park is situated on 15 tropical acres just 3.5 Miles from the Walt Disney World(R) Resort. The hotel offers scheduled transportation to the Walt Disney World(R) Resort Parks, the Lake Buena Vista Outlet Mall, Sea World, Aquatica, and Universal Studios.After a long day at the parks or shopping til' you drop, come back and relax at one of the 3 heated pools (one covered for year round enjoyment) or just grab a drink and relax in the Jacuzzi. Uncover the hidden secret that makes this hotel so special by visiting the 5 acre nature and jogging park. Three separate ponds complete with sandy beaches, paddleboats and lounge chairs. You will also find picnic tables, grilles and a Gazebo for family enjoyment. Sports enthusiasts can enjoy our multi- purpose sports fields, basketball courts, sandy volleyball, fitness center and kids playground. Champions Restaurant is open for your dining pleasure or to watch your favorite sporting event in the Lounge. Champions World Resort has something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Champions World Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Champions World Hotel Kissimmee
- Hotel Champions World
- Champions World Resort Kissimmee, Florida