Champions World Resort
US$231
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$98
Clarion Suites Maingate(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$94
Westgate Towers Resort(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$99
  • Pool
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$101
QualityInn
Comfort Inn Maingate(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$76
ComfortInn
Seasons Florida Resort(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$65
Hotels.com
Comfort Suites Maingate East(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$108
Orbitz.com
Flamingo Waterpark Resort(Kissimmee)
US$54
US$47
Hotels.com
Caribe Cove Resort Orlando(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$76
TripAdvisor
2,276 results
All reviewscovered poolnature parksoccer fieldfire pitfridge and microwavehot tubgift shopcoffee makerdisney parksbeds were comfortablepizza hutpoolsdaltonorlandomovieplaygroundtarget
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2012

this hotel is rated as a 2 star,would definatley get a 3 star from me! the rooms are cleaned every day,with the beds being made(changed every day if requested),otherwise every 3 days.fresh towels every day.3 great sized pools,never anyone in.the covered 1 is great for kids to keep out of the hot sun,and its nice to go in at night too,also next to the bar.speaking of the bar,i was a bit put of by reviews,stating that the bar was open every night until 2am..we found it hardly ever open...the resort is going through an upgrade at the moment,fresh painting etc,but it should have been open at night.this hotel is in a quiet area,away from the strip of i drive,g8 if you have a car(we did),but if you are getting around yourself,it may not be suitable.opposite the reception is a disney ticket desk.do NOT buy from them,they are trying to sell timeshares! the shop there is very expensive,buy everything else downtown for much cheaper prices.breakfast is okay,the continental better value than the full..the tip is incclude in the price,so dont need to tip any more,although they over fuss around you,trying to get more! good place to eat is the G olden Corral chain(they are everywhere in kissimee).all you can eat,fresh food,from salads,mains desserts,great price too.food from every nation seemed to be there.tipping....everywhere you go they want a tip..and check your receipts carefully before you leave a tip..we went to 1 restaurant where the tip had been automatically added,at 18percent! v expensive! another place we went,we had dirty cuterly,so so food.so i left 3 dollars tip,as we were getting into the car,the waitress came out looking for us! unbelievable!

Room Tip: away from the pools, but as said,everywhere was quiet at night
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank mich666
Reviewed 25 May 2012

So I brought a group of students down to Florida for their senior trip. It was a nice break from New York City... or so I thought... When we got there the place did not match up to the pics on the website. It was a little shabby. When I got to my room it took me 10 tries for me to open my room door. When I finally got in I noticed that the light that was supposed to be in between the double beds was ripped off the wall. Instead of making a big deal of this, I let it slide. On my way to check out the bathroom I noticed there was a roach, I killed it and kept moving. Again, I decided to let this slide. The next morning, my colleague called from her room at 6 am frantic. When I went to her room she was covered in bites,,,bed bug bites....there were two dead bed bugs in her bed and blood spots everywhere. We immediately ran to the front desk and asked for a room change. We also requested that they wash all of her clothes for free. The front desk clerk directs us to a beautiful room with white tile floors, mirrored closets, etc. (our rooms had smelly carpet and no closets) We accepted the room and went back to the front desk. The clerk changes her mind and makes up some story about how the room was already book but she would give us another one. The second room she gave us was back in the same vincinity of the room with the bed bugs. It had the smelly carpet, no closet and not even a tub. It was for a handicapped person. By this time we could not keep running from room to room because we needed to get our kids to Disney. We accepted the room and kept it moving. When I got back to my room to get ready for the park, there were two more roaches in my room. I killed them, alerted the front desk and the response I got was that "the roaches are in the trees..."

Later on that night, when I got back to my room, there were two MORE roaches in my room. At this point I was livid. I packed up all of my things and demanded a room change to one of the rooms with the tile floors. It was granted immediately. I tried to get some rest, but of course it was hard because I had bed bugs and roaches to be afraid of. The next morning my colleague had to be rushed to the hospital because of all of the bites. She had over 50 bites covering her body. Later on that afternoon,
the hotel brought in some bed bug experts and when they removed the head board from the wall it was covered in bed bugs....

Needless to say I will never stay here again. I could go on in more detail about the many other things that was wrong with this hotel but I think the bed bugs are enough. BEWARE! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank pkad968
Reviewed 24 May 2012

This hotel was great value for money. Forget the bad reviews - some people want 5 star luxury for a budget price. You get what you pay for in this hotel but in this case what you get is a comfy bed, clean sheets and towels, adequate storage space, a decent bathroom and some additional facilities such as a safe in the room (which is not charged for), iron and ironing board, fridge and microwave. This hotel cost only £120 for a week for two people!! I was a bit concerned when reading some of the reviews but I had nothing to worry about. Some people forget how much they have paid for the hotel and expect 5 star accommodation at budget prices - you get what you pay for and in this case "cheap and cheerful". The pools were clean and uncrowded, the restaurant was good value with nice food and the staff were all very helpful and friendly, particularly the reception staff. The nature reserve was a bonus too, a lovely area with a pond with pedallos on it and a sandy beach with loungers and chairs. Overall I would say this hotel was very good value for money and would definitely stay here again if I was looking for a budget priced hotel. Go for it!

Room Tip: After reading reviews about a sticky carpet go for a room with a tiled floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sheila M
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I'm going to try and be as objective as I can, though my thoughts are colored by the sleazy cruise outfit that brought me here in the first place. I'll get to them later - first - the hotel.

We ended up here after the Ramada Maingate West was oversold and this was the alternate provided by the package company. It is a 1970's vintage property - low end, low service economy accomodation. We had to walk up the outside stairs to the second floor room. Dated decor, worn linens, carpet stains and a bit of a musty smell. The maids appeared to have done the best they could and the room appeared to be as clean as you could get it with one exception - a long dark hair that sat on the outside of the toilet bowl, untouched for the 3 night stay. I don't think the daily cleaning is as good as the one between guests. The mattress was decent and the room location at the back of the property was quiet.

We never got to eat an evening meal in the restaurant (limited hours) but our included coupons allowed us to get a meal in the bar - a minimal selection from a bar menu. The burger was edible and filled a hole - which is as complimentary as I can get. Two mornings of breakfast, both buffet, were a tale of two cities. The first was very good - omellete cooked to perfection, a good selection of fruits and cereals - in a pleasant clean room. The next morning was a zoo - two less staff working and nothing was refilled, tables were dirty and dishes everywhere. The only thing good remaining was the delightful omellette cook.

They allege to have wi-fi but there was no service in the room - you had to take the laptop to the lobby to get reception. We did not use the pool or any amenities.

All in all, I could see spring breakers here, looking for a cheap place to crash and people booking based on the promo ads. If you shop, there are much better values out there. Look for other reviews on the rest of this stay in the Kissimmee area.

About the sleazy tour company: We had only ended up there from a "congratulations, you have won a free cruise" telemarketer. If you get the call, hang up and disinfect the phone as a precaution. The cruise is on the Bahamas Celebration. What they don't tell you is it isn't free (oh, surprise! - in fact it is expensive for what you get), it is all second rate (like this hotel) and they have stupid rules (like the package includes a one week car rental - but you can't choose your rental week - you have to bracket the cruise dates - so you pay rent for 4 of the days while the car is sitting parked in port - at $15 parking charges per day). They also don't tell you that you must sit through a morning of time share presentation. Then, when our reservations were incorrect, we had to pay a $20 fee to get them to correct their mistake - or sit through a different time share presentation at another resort. Avoid these people like the plague!

(As an aside, the boat itself is a smaller, dated, low service vessel that goes back and forth between West Palm Beach and Freeport. It has a casino and sort of a night spot. The food varied, with a selection of restaurants. Lunches were the low point and a very nice dinner was the high point. Watch for cheesy little add-on charges - like having your ice cream in a cone instead of a cup. It is not the Love Boat - and if you are booking, book it yourself, NOT in a package with any Ramada).

Room Tip: Get away from the highway for noise; if you want wifi in room, can't be far from main building - check reception before accepting room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hawki56
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Do NOT stay at this hotel if you don't want a comfy bed for the night, decent pools, spacious rooms, cheap beer....DO stay if you want all of above!

We stayed here for 14 nights at the start of May and were a little worried due to some of the reviews. When we got to the hotel, the front desk staff were lovely, got checked in very quickly.

When we opened the door to the room (235, upper floor, tiled room) we were very pleasantly surprised! The room was large, with 2 double beds, fridge with little freezer compartment, microwave, TV, coffee maker (with coffee supplied), packaged plastic cups and a box for any ice you needed from the ice machine down the stairs.

The room was very clean, bathroom was spotless with plenty of towels (which were replaced daily). All of the fittings worked and even had an iron and ironing board there for us to use.

There was however, no battery in the smoke alarm and the safe didn't work...but we walked down to reception to tell them and the time it took us to get back to our room (2-3minutes) the maintenance guy was already there sorting it! Very impressed with that!

The air con worked very well, the beds were comfy, plenty of space and the rooms were cleaned every day! We didn't really have a problem with bugs....a few here and there...but it is Florida!! If you go on holiday here, you have to expect bugs!

The pools were fine, the indoor one was heated (i think) and was clean apart from a few bugs and leaves that had flown in - but it was cleaned out. the outdoor pools were lovely and the hot tub was ok. The heat was fine but the jets didn't really work in it. more like a hot bath with a few weak jets! But we were fine with that :)

We didn't try any food so can't comment on that, but we did sample the bar! Kim (barmaid and server) was such a lovely lady - really made our night when we went in! The beer is cheap and just keeps coming!

The nature reserve is gorgeous! There is so much wildlife there and it is huge...we just kept walking and seeing so much. There are plenty of paddle-boats...we thought there was only the one, but as we kept walking, we kept finding little mini lakes everywhere with extra boats, chairs and places for fires.

There is also a kids play area (we didn't try it out!!) that looked fun, clean and safe...located by the inside pool.

In reference to location....we found it brilliant. There is a Walmart not far away, Target is even closer as well as a Walgreens (i think its called that!). Easy to find Disney and Universal...certainly not within walking distance as some of the people on here may think due to reviews of people complaining about it...but people seem to forget that when places advertise "only a few miles from Disney"....they may be...but Disney is HUGE...when you get to the disney gates you still have to drive miles to get to the parks! The hotel do offer free Disney shuttles and a shuttle to Universal at a cost...but we highly recommend hiring a car to get places.

The hotel is dated, but as long as you are using it as a base to get your head down for the night, maybe have a swim in the pools etc, then it will be perfect. For the price you are paying, you can't complain really!

One of the best places to eat and drink is a bar 6 minute walk (as you are facing the road with the hotel to your back...walk to your right and keep going past the petrol station and its next to macdonalds!) and is called Houlihans. Believe it is a chain but we loved it and it quickly became our "local" :)

The staff are friendly, the food is good and the beer is great! There is happy hour from 5-10pm on the inside bar (2-4-1 on beer). Richard is a bartender there who is lovely and will do anything to make your evening enjoyable!

Overall, we would definitely stay in this hotel again - thought it was great!

Room Tip: Ask for a tiled room - they seem to be better quality then the carpet rooms!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple