“Amazing hotel”

Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
Ranked #38 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Returned yesterday from the Ramada Kissimmee Gateway, 100% loved it! 10/10.

Do not believe the bad reviews..myself, my 19 year old son and my 10 year old daughter loved every second of our trip and can't wait to go back to the Ramada Kissimmee Gateway.

After travelling for 28hours from Glasgow we arrived very tired, check in was very quick. We were given room D437, being Scottish I was worried about Florida's bugs (I didn't need to worry) and found 1 tiny spider at our door. I freaked out and went to reception who immediately came to spray the room and offered to move us to room 127. We swapped rooms and didn't see any other bugs :-) the hotel is so clean and tidy!

the rest of the holiday was fantastic, staff are lovely! Really helpful..the bar man who works on a Sunday night was so friendly and nice..credit to him!

We spent many days around the pool and found everywhere to be clean. We ate most days at the diner and restaurant, both good quality food for the money.

The hotel is in an excellent position, I hired a car and found this hotel to be an ideal base to explore Florida.

We spent most nights in the hotel, at the bar playing pool.

The rooms were clean, they were cleaned everyday with fresh towels. The beds were the most comfortable I have ever slept on, the air con was great, perfect for the heat!
I felt very safe at this hotel, which is a bonus as a single parent.

I will be returning to this hotel and will recommend it to friends and family!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank pammymt
RamadaGatewayGM, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Kissimmee Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Hi Pammy! Thank you so much for the awesome review. We truly enjoyed having you and can't wait to have you again soon! We appreciate you recommending us to friends and family, too! :)

Write a ReviewReviews (2,731)

Reviewed 24 October 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Ramada Gateway is full of Roaches, fleas, spiders & mold :( The furniture has little tiny bugs that can be seen when the drawers are opened. The first room we were given was full of fleas. They were all over the beds, furniture, floor, bathroom and drawers. A supervisor came to the room and saw the room infested by fleas.

We were moved to another room that was full of mold. The carpet was wet, the chairs and the shower curtain had mold all over.

The third room had pieces of pizza on the floor and chairs! :o The bed sheets were dirty with tomato sauce. I requested to have full service in the room, but they just went to remove the pieces of pizza. I asked for a vacuum cleaner, so I could clean by myself in order to bring my suitcase inside (have pictures & video) Next day we saw two roaches and took pictures and went to talk to a supervisor who didn't even apologize but instead he said he would send maintenance to check the room and if they found something, he would move us to another room. Seriously? What kind of answer is that?

Maintenance found a roach behind the fridge and they said they would take care of that. What happened next? Nothing! They did nothing! More roaches & spiders! At that point I was very disappointed, so I requested a refund for the rest of the remaining nights, but I was told I had to request the refund to the agency I made the reservation with. Really? I can't belive this!

On top of everything, my son got two scratches on the left side of his stomach with a bed plastic corner full of staples he found under the bed while he was playing with his car on the floor.

I Took the piece to a Manager who said "this should have been picked up" but No apologies whatsoever! I was offered to be moved to another room that day later on , but when I went back to reception, I was told the hotel was sold out and did not have any room available. Really? Can this actually happen?

Then, maintenance went back to our room to place poison gel on the drawers & corners to kill the roaches, they moved the beds, took all drawers out. The room was upside down. :O

Moreover, they decided to change the filter of the A/C which looked like it had not been changed for years. It is right above the racket that holds the hangers, so our clothes were there!. What happened next? Of course, as they did not remove or cover our clothes, everything got dusty and full of fluff. That was totally unbelievable and unacceptable!

We have pictures of everything to publish on social media and videos to publish on our youtube channel. We saw several people complaining at reception and showing pictures of the condition of some rooms. This is sad :( and it is no fair!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Hi Cointa! We truly apologize for your experience and would like to do our best to make things right. Please message us your contact information so management can reach out to you. Thank you!

Reviewed 19 October 2017

your tower rooms are disgusting we have videos and pictures to prove this how the hell these can be called deluxe is beyond me so god knows what the standard rooms are like of which they tried putting us in even though we had paid for upgrade we wanted to fly home bt unfortunatly thomas cook is a let down this property is in a run down and pretty unsafe area please note if you are thinking of travelling with thomas cook or have already booked we were there last month be very aware of what they are selling you ,in my words the hurricane shd have knocked it down so very sad beacuase staff are nice and the poor manager bless him he needs a medal just for having to deal with the place he also provides a shuttle bt it is back from the parks at 6,30 if you miss it or cant get on which is frequent you have a forty to fifty dollars taxi bill bk to ramada and the shuttle leaveds around elevenish in morning so half the day has gone and you miss evenings in parks as i said unless you want to pay forty to fifty dollars per day taxi make that eighty or 90 dollars if taxi both ways

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
RamadaGatewayGM, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Kissimmee Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Hi Anita! Thank you for the compliments about our staff and manager, we truly appreciate it. Our hotel is a bit older, but we keep it very clean and are working on renovating the older rooms. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you!

Reviewed 17 October 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Its location is good for area attractions especially Disney . Gate Security was nice an liked that it kept us feeling safer.Check in was great...didn't like the concierge/ timeshare deception regarding tickets to parks. you got to do a timeshare thing to get this ticket deal an that shouldn't be attached to the hotel in my humble opinion. Spanish was the most common language spoken there an was a problem communicating with the
house keeping lady who was a sweat heart very nice.Rooms were clean an fine no microwave but did have a fridge. We had the pool view 1 st floor rear area an enjoyed the pool garden area an swam at the other pool once which was much busier with a large group of spanish families kids kind of taking over the end of the pool.. very loud so we left. But that's just people being people..its all good. That's what makes the second pool a nice feature . My door to my room when we 1st got there didn't lock so i called front desk which took several tries to get answered it just beeped an then nothing . I told them my problem an in a few minutes a nice man came down an promptly fixed the door an i thanked him .Electrically the common problem is lack of good outlets to plug an charge phones an computers an whatnot . an update via usb charging points in several locations in the room would be a huge courtesy to guests an would be greatly appreciated.its not a expense but a message to customers that the hotel is upto date with customers needs .also at night the raccoons are darting throughout the garden an trees my daughter watched one run over to the pool an drank the pool water which earlier we had in our mouths an body...hmmm not to kool there .All so the access to the hotel is wierd if you are going west on 192 got to do this side road turn down do a U turn go back up on 192 then turn in.. you got use to it. but not most convenient..All said an done its a decent place free breakfast would be nice but we did get a value price on our room so that's how it is .. if you got the full price rooms then i think there is a breakfast option the vending machine in the passage area took my 3 dollars happily an was sold out not a very good classy feel there crusty vending equipment in a nice place...hmmm.. I hope this is helpful an i had a good time there .. thankyou Ramada for giving me the experience..

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Hi there! We can't thank you enough for all of your feedback. We truly appreciate guests like you. We want to make the hotel better and when guests share with us the things that would make them happy, we can do our best to make them happen. We hope you'll be able to join us again! Thank you! :)

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Not a bad place. They have a cute Disney gift shop, an ice cream parlor and massage chairs. There is also a covered outside lounge area with pool tables. It's a lively place. Lots of people still up and about at 1am. I'm a night owl and didn't get in until 11pm so it was fine with me.
My only criticism is the walls are paper thin. I also wish they would extend the pool hrs. to midnight or 24hrs. With so many people arriving late it's just what a weary traveler needed.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Hi there! We truly appreciate all of your feedback. We would love to extend the pool hours, however, some guests wouldn't appreciate the noise that late. We apologize! We hope you'll be able to join us again. :)