5,016 results
All reviewsatrium viewadult poolself parkingemerald bayold hickory steakhousewreckers sports barice sculptureshuge atriumfamily poolbeautiful hotelscavenger huntresort feeattending a conferenceper daywater slidesrooms are niceorlando area
Reviewed August 13, 2018

While this is a nice place to stay, be warned, you cannot walk to anything from here. Thus, prices at eateries/shops are really pricey. And, even internally, depending on where you purchase something, the prices are different. Buy a beer at the Marketplace and it's cheaper than getting one to go from one of the restaurants. Crazy. I recommend driving to the Publix or Target for snacks/breakfast items and alcohol before you get here. Or, call Uber to take you. The resort offers 'drivers' from their lot, but it's about $20 each way to go about 5 miles. This resort has lush greenery throughout the 'terrarium-like' space and it's nice. The pools/slides were fun. Ask for a room with atrium views - really nice. If you splurge or get an upgrade to a suite, especially with an atrium view, even better! Room 8071 is a corner suite and really nice. The pull-out sofa was even decent, for a pull out. Ask for extra blankets if you use the pull out sofa. Free shuttle to Disney parks from here, which is a big plus. However, the earliest pick-up from a park is 5:30 at night, so be prepared for a long day if you take the bus. Rooms have small fridge, not microwave (that is a bummer). Very decent deals for discount tickets to Disney from concierge here. No bus from hotel to Sea World, Universal etc. Just Disney. This resort is 1.5 miles from gate entrance to Disney. Nice enough place, but 'remote' in being able to walk/easy access to other places. Ori, at concierge is lovely if you get to meet her and get her to assist with things. Ask for lists of places that deliver pizza/food to Gaylord. Delivery pizza after a long day out and about is great.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank J M
GaylordPalms, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Dear JM,

We appreciate you taking the time to share a review. We are glad you enjoyed the resort but are sorry you were dissatisfied with the location. We do our best to ensure guests are aware of all options for transportation and are sorry we did not meet your expectations. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed August 13, 2018

the food being horrible might not normally matter, but it does when you are without a car and inside the same compound for 2 nights. I had a first floor room - easy to get to, nver got lost. I can't tell you how may conversations I overheard about people not being able to find their car parking lot, find their room, find a restaurant. the place is huge - study the map, use the signs, and identify your own landmarks. I used the adult pool - very nice and very packed. I liked the four hot tubs at either end of the adult pool. was glad i did not bring 14 year old son on this trip - the kid pool was very shallow and would not have been a ton of fun for him. the kid pool was packed as well and the water treehouse and waterslides looked super fun. unfortunately, the food i had at my business meetings, from their "market place" grad-n-go, from their coffee shop was awful. my $30 brekfast buffet was fine, as was a burger i got at the sports bar. but, the rest was so disappointing, especially for what i paid. They give you a list of "everyting" that comes with your resort fee - i really wished it included a newspaper. i was out in the lobby by 7:30am two mornings and whatever small stack of newspapers they had was gone. Wifi was spotty and you had to keep re-starting it - this is not the norm and what's supposed to happen. There seemed to be pockets in the massive atrium where neither my room or my conference wifi worked - not OK. I did appreciate being able to access Netflix and other streaming via the TV.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Let me preface this by saying I’ve stayed at the resort before and had a great experience. This trip was horrible. The bed was so tilted that I had to put 6 pillows on side to keep from rolling off. My daughter slept on the floor with a blanket. We tried to talk to someone - housekeeper didn’t understand English and we waited over 30 min for a manager....no one came. Valet quoted 10 min and it took 42. The check in/out lines were ridiculously long....not enough employees. Due to the bed we chose to leave a day early. I choose the mobile checkout since the line was so long. I never received my receipt. I called the Marriott # twice. Both times they said it would be there in 2 days but 13 days later....still no receipt. I’ve literally never written a negative review but this is ridiculous.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Dear khooker3,

Thank you for providing us with feedback about your recent experience. We aim to exceed each guest’s expectations and are sorry to learn we fell short of yours. We are reviewing your detailed feedback with the necessary departments as we are continuously working to better our guest’s stays. We hope to welcome you to our resort again in the future.

Reviewed August 11, 2018

The Gaylord Resort in Kissimmee has a beautiful interior courtyard, very well maintained. Our room was comfortable and clean, with coffee maker, refrigerator, tea and water courtesy of the hotel. The staff was helpful and nice. We do not have any problems with the check-in or check out. Guest have an SPA option inside the hotel.
The Convention Center was excellent and it really was located very close to the hotel, which was very convenient for our meeting.
There are options for restaurants and cafes in menu and prices.
The pool was large and nice but overcrowded.
We use the hotel parking without troubles.
The most I enjoyed was to walk in the interior patio with waterfalls and a lot of vegetation, really nice!!!

Room Tip: Our room had a balcony to the interior patio, great view and quiet.
Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

This hotel,while certainly not faltering on any basic level of accommodation, is the master of nothing and has nailed the convention experience.

For large conferences this is a great choice and if you need to hide in plain site, just come get a room here. You won’t feel special in any way - it’s basically a cruise ship on land.

Everything was good, nothing was great. But it was clean and provided value.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank FloridaJayBird
GaylordPalms, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Dear FloridaJayBird,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. It is always our goal to provide the best possible experience for every guest no matter the reason for travel and we are sorry we fell short of your expectations. Your comments have been shared with the resort leadership team as we work to improve the experiences we create for our guests. Thank you again for your feedback.