Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 13, 2016

What a miserable place i have seen more activity in a graveyard. it has no atmosphere the pool area was dead not a soul to been ...no one around no children laughing the sun loungers were past there best. no tiki bar closed for the whole 14 days we were there, the so called business centre was locked from Friday evening till Monday am.
The place is gated for cars but is wide open to the public ..no security ...no waste management in place. you need a gas mask around the waste compactor an adult must deposit the trash in the compactor ..... what a place i could go on & on...
there is far better vacation villas in Kissimme but not this one.

Date of stay: August 2016
1  Thank sean o
Reviewed July 26, 2016

This is our second stay at a Runaway Beach condo and I'm sad to say not as nice as it was the first time we stayed several years ago.

The good: the condo is very quiet. It's well-built and there's very little outside noise. We had one that was near a busy road and while there was a little road noise, it wasn't loud enough to be annoying. Ours was a 2-bedroom unit, very spacious and for the most part very clean. There were lizards on the front porch, which for me is a plus, because I'm a nature nut. Some might feel differently, but this is Florida and you have to expect wildlife. I'm actually disappointed if I don't see frogs and lizards outside my door when I stay. Washer and dryer worked well for the one load I did right before we left. Also good: the location. It's incredibly convenient to get to Disney.

The meh: the kitchen is *barely* stocked with utensils and dishes. There were no dish towels and only one potholder. I wasn't planning on doing much if any cooking so this wasn't an issue for us, but at least with our unit, anyone wishing to actually cook would have had to go to the Walmart around the corner and braved the insanity there to get some basics. There was only the absolute minimum towels/washcloths for the bathrooms. There was 3 of us and there were exactly 3 towels and three washcloths for the entire week. We did brave the Walmart to buy more, because we weren't planning on doing a load of laundry every day after wearing ourselves out at Disney. Also meh: the condition of the unit itself. The decor is cute but it needs painting, the carpet in the bedroom is starting to stretch and ripple, and there's an air of it being just this side of becoming derelict. We're not hugely picky about decor--cleanliness is more important and it *mostly* hit that mark (more below about that)--but it really didn't look like a meticulously-maintained unit. (Also meh: the tv remote was ridiculously complicated. We're hardly luddites but wow... that thing might have launched rockets over at Kennedy, but it didn't seem to want to let us actually use the onscreen viewer guide.)

The bad: the kitchen counters were dirty. I had to wipe everything down with Chlorox wipes. Same with the dining room chairs and bar stools. Some of the silverware had been put away with food encrusted on them (they had probably been run through the dishwasher but still.. yuck). I had to wash everything we used for snacks and breakfast. The bathrooms, however, were quite clean and the carpets and bedding as well. No bugs, no stains.

Also bad: the A/C was not working the first day. We arrived late in the afternoon and it was 80 degrees in the unit. We tried adjusting the rather complicated thermostat, thinking that perhaps it had been unoccupied and so the temperature turned up to save electricity, but it stayed at 80 most of the rest of the evening. Fortunately the normal afternoon rain plus a lot of shade around that unit made it tolerable for one night, using the ceiling fans. We tried calling the next day and never could get a live person, so we left a message and by the time we returned from the parks that evening, the temperature was 75, so apparently someone had come along to fix it.

Also bad: the WIFI went out the 2nd to last day of our stay and we were never able to contact anyone about it. There was never any staff at the reception area (husband went there twice... said that it looked like they simply don't have staff at all). Fortunately we do have data plans on our cell phones so we were able to check on flight/boarding passes etc but this could have been a major inconvenience.

We found it very odd that they apparently have no on-site office staff at all and that we could never reach an actual person on the phone. We came away feeling we'd scraped by on luck even being able to leave a message to get the A/C fixed. Next year we'll have to think long and hard about whether to risk staying here again--I'm hoping that perhaps by then things will improve and I'll see it reflected in the reviews here. The location is so perfect that we hate to stay anywhere else, but on the other hand... we paid quite a lot for a stay that was considerably less than perfect and could easily have been disastrous. Hopefully whatever management company runs this complex these days will take heed of the critical reviews and make some changes.

Date of stay: July 2016
1  Thank CathyF127
Reviewed July 6, 2016

I booked this property through Hotels.com, and received a fair price. Having, in a former life, once been a resident of Orlando, I knew that this property used to be mixed used residential - and I was eagerly looking forward to being "off the beaten path" as it were for my 15 day stay.

I had a giant 1 bedroom apartment with a loft, and looking back on it, I probably wouldn't have gotten the loft since I was traveling alone, but I can see where it's a big help for larger groups. It was also nice to see the foosball table up there. To be honest, I used the space to let my laundry dry - the stuff that couldn't dry in the dryer that is.

The apartment is well appointed in a beach theme but from a conditional standpoint, they have some MAJOR work to do. There were stains on nearly every surface (couches, chairs, etc...) as well as cracks in the walls and plaster. The shower curtain rod had been braced up (someone had obviously pulled it down at some point) and the sink in the bathroom was horribly rusted.

From a "features" standpoint, I was a bit annoyed that the televisions were both so outdated. The main TV in the living room was horribly non-responsive to the remote, and I couldn't find a remote for the DVD player. In addition, when I first got there, the TV menu/guide was set on Spanish - which was all sorts of fun trying to get back to English.

The contract sent from ACO is a standard vaction rental home contract, but still I was nervous that I would be charged for the conditional issues in the apartment. I reported the concerns, and the front desk agent basically said "oh, they know about all of that."

So, you know... that's good...?

I can't speak for the entire property, but I can say that, in my apartment, the Wi-Fi signal would not last more than 4-5 minutes without shutting off. I never was able to use it in the 15 days that I was there. That was probably the most frustrating as I burned through my LTE usage.

Finally, I did my best to clean the apartment on my way out, but throughout my stay, I kept finding trash left behind by previous tennants (candy wrappers, receipts, etc...) so I'm not sure if the housekeepers are doing a great job between stays.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed June 28, 2016

This was our third stay at Runaway Beach Club. We booked it because of great experiences in the past. The management must have changed hands since we last stayed there (five years ago?) because somethings have changed for the better, and others hadn't. Let's start with what was great: The condo was super clean, fresh smelling and comfortable. We were given a condo right next to the pool, and we could barely hear any noise from the outside. Great! The beds were comfy and the showers worked great. We had plenty of bath towels. We had no problem using the washer and dryer. The televisions worked great once we figured out the remote control system. The pool area and pool is exceptional. Clean, bright, and with a separate kiddie pool, neither pool was very crowded. Also, our dealings with Isabel who registered us and was in contact with us before our trip and handled our late arrival went super! The location is great! Only 10 minutes by car to Disney parks and other attractions, and there is a Walmart and Publix five minutes away, plus many other stores and restaurants. Unfortunately, there were a few slight mishaps that kept me from rating this the full 5 stars. First, the dishwasher leaked the first time we tried to use it. We called the desk, who said they'd contact maintenance. Maintenance never came, so we just washed dishes by hand, no biggie. And although the kitchen provided plates, glasses, pots, pans, utensils, there were no kitchen towels or paper towels. Oven mitts were provided. There was also no bathroom washcloths provided for washing or showering with. I called the front desk and was told that they would tell housekeeping. Housekeeping never delivered them. A second call provided us with the information that housekeeping was only allowed to come into our condo before we arrived and after we left, so they couldn't bring them to us (?). Frustrated, we just went out to Walmart and bought our own.The knobs on the faucets of both bathrooms kept falling off, and one toilet needed to be plunged quite often (plungers were supplied.) Also, the safe was locked when we got there and we couldn't get it opened. We called the front desk, and they said they'd look into it, and never did. Finally, our key cards only worked sporadically in our front door, and my husband had to keep going to the front desk for new ones. We are not picky people, and these mishaps, while irritating, were not overwhelmingly inconvenient to us. Still, Runaway needs to make improvements in its facilities and customer service -mainly housekeeping and maintenance (bring us the washcloths, please!) before we will consider going there in the future.

Reviewed June 23, 2016

We've booked through AirBNB. We got a ground floor appartment. Everything was clean and ok. It was pretty dark inside as the window shades where not really nice to open up unless you don't want any privacy. The pool was just ok. Not really special. The big pro's are the distance to Disney and Universal (15 - 20 minutes drive), big 24h Walmart around the corner. We were able to go to the apartment in between during our stay at Disney so our toddler could sleep. That took around 45 minutes (15 minutes drive, 30 minutes with the monorail in Disney etc.).

1  Thank Jvdp11