All reviews lighthouse key resort trundle bed master bedrooms movie theater three bedroom large families highly recommend this property disney parks bath condo large kitchen washer and dryer poolside bar orlando area home away from home hot tub living area pool side
Reviewed January 3, 2013

we were very happy with the condo, furnishings were nice, artwork nicely done. If you are counting on Wi Fi, don't, bring an ethernet cable. If you have a mac you will not get Wi Fi at all. Tech support said they couldn't help and that i just had to disconnect and reconnect, did not work. I had to go buy a cable to connect. other then that we would definitely return. just not xmas week in december....BRRRRRRRRRRRR

Room Tip: we got the 2 bedroom, our boys are 12 and 13 so the trundle bed worked. Any older this would have been awkward. also request poolside or lakeside. we requested 1st floor but there are elevators so any floor would be good.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank vipercupholder
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Extremely clean with large rooms and nice furnishings. Well appointed kitchen except for the extremely limited amount of dishes and flatware, so be prepared to run the dishwasher after every meal if there are more than two of you. Ten minutes from Disney and about twenty-five minutes from the dining district around the convention center. Unit looked exactly like it was pictured on-line. Very spacious. We had a two bedroom unit that slept six and could actually seat six at the dining room table. Noise from adjacent resort was an issue on two nights during our stay, but Lighthouse Key was otherwise peaceful. Best thing is the price. You must book directly to get the best deal; we got two extra nights by buying three, so the entire five night stay cost less than $550. Booking agent was extremely friendly and helpful. Signage at the road is minimal, so if you don't have GPS, be sure to keep your eyes peeled as property numbers in the area are difficult to see from the road.

Room Tip: Top floor offers less noise and views of nightly fireworks at Disney. Building Two is away from any noise generated from the pool area and it overlooks a small lake to the rear.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LochnessConnecticut
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We just returned from the National Football championships in Kissimmee Florida and a week at the Lighthouse Key Resort. Although we were not there to go to the parks, we were able to sneak to them a few times! Let me say, LAST YEAR we took a big trip to Florida and stayed on property, and I have to say, I think we were closer to the central park station (monorail/boats) from this condo, then we were at our on property (overpriced) disney resort (the carribean). This is a terrific value and beautiful accomodations for a long stay in the Orlando area... Let me tell you why:

1) Location:
as I said, we were MINUTES from the central ticket / parking location for magic kingdom/monorail station. There are great kid friendly (read: KIDS EAT FREE) restaurants closeby (Houlihans, Ale House, Texas Roadhouse, Mcdonalds) within a mile if not walking distance, and a Super Target for groceries and essentials.

2) Kitchen:
FULL kitchen. Granite counters, full fridge, microwave, stovetop, oven, toaster, coffee pot, pots, pans, plates, cutlery, ANYTHING you need to prepare a meal.

3) Laundry:
Full size washer/dryer in an IN ROOM laundry room

4) Room:
I stayed in a 3 bedroom/3 bath condo. 2 masters with onsuites, HUGE JET tubs, double sinks, separate water closets, 3rd bed with two twins and hallway bathroom, dining room, living room, TVs in every room with satellite HBO. great balcony overlooking a lake, definately ask for this view. gorgeous sunrises. Comfy, stylish furniture.

5) Parking:
Free - Gated during the day -

6) Clubhouse:
beautiful, good pool and hot tub (not great jets, but the hot water does the trick after day of walking). Had a full size gameroom, theatre room showing free movies a few times a day, snack bar and bar ( we didn't use any of this)

7) Service:
We had a few things break - Staff was right there to fix them, apologize, etc.... we had one mid week maid service. Very nice.

PRICE PRICE PRICE.... I had a deal with football, but I know that the prices are pennies on the dollar compared to on property.

So the few things that were not so great, just to be aware of:

1) Mattresses: OK, not great. SHEETS, thin need replacing (I am just being picky...) could use more pillows (I would bring my own next time)

2) I didn't see a "spa" so if you are going for pampering, I would pick a higher scale more expensive resort. this is for families going to the parks....

3) Hallways are dark and are a bit old, smell of old stucco when we first got there, I paniced a bit, but once I was in my room, it was 100% great!

4) Lake can be a bit noisy at night... resort across the lake has nightly dance party of somesort. pretty loud if your sliding glass doors are open.

5) LOTS of turkey vultures. pretty weird.

Final word: GREAT PLACE FOR FAMILIES who want to cook, sleep, have elbow room, etc. very nicely appointed with nounessential frills. Makes you feel great about what you are paying for.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the LAKE - its gorgeous and the sun rises over it... BUT if you are sensitive to early evening noise, DO NOT ASK for this view, stick with the parking lot because across the lake is a Holiday Inn resport with a nightlife!!! If the sliding doors are closed, you will be fine.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank kelleyarizona
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is the perfect place for a large family or group who is visiting the Orlando Theme parks. We rented the 4 BR 3 BA condo, which has 2 master suites. The other bedrooms have a queen bed and a trundle bed. The living room has a sleeper sofa, but we found that the master bedrooms had plenty of space to put kids on the floor in sleeping bags, leaving the living areas open for use in the evenings. The condos are beautifully appointed and furnished, fromthe crown moldings, granite countertops, jacuzzi tubs in the master baths, to the fully stocked kitchen (appliances). It is a very quiet, gated community, with a lovely pool area, theater, arcade room and spa. While you don't have the convenience of being in a Disney resort (with free shuttles, etc), this is only about 10 minutes from Disney, MGM, and Epcot, and the price difference is worth it. I would highly recommend this to any large group planning a trip to Disney. You will not be disappointed. Also, there is everything that you need nearby....a Publix supermarket, a Super Target, a wonderful pizza place (Flippers), and a wide assortment of restaurants and fast food places. You also do not have to get out on I-4 to get to the Disney parks, as it is a straight-shot down 192 (Irlo Bronson Parkway) to the entrance ramps to the Disney Theme Parks. When booking at Lighthouse Key, be sure to check on the vacation specials tab, as we were able to get a free night using the October special. They also run specials for free park shuttle service, so don't miss out on their current special.

Also, don't be deterred by the inconspicious sign at the entrance (it does not properly represent the property), or the obvious stop in construction (it appears that more units are planned for the future, but we really liked the small size of the property, so this was a plus)

In short, this is a beautiful place in close proximity to the area attractions, with plenty of food options nearby, for a very good place. What more could you ask for?

Room Tip: You may want to ask if your room faces the lake or the parking lot. We faced the parking lot, which was not a problem at all, but I'm sure the lake view would be nicer. However, we were able to load and unload with greater ease.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank pigskingal
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Our first time with this resort. I booked for all of us two units for 6 days--had 3 nd 2 bedrooms on 2nd floor & 1st floor last july 2012. This was so far the best resort we've ever stayed. Clean nd large rooms more than enough space for parents and kids, lots of restaurants nearby, accessible to groceries, gated resort, equipped kitchen and quiet complex, They also offer a shuttle to some of the disney locations which works for 3 different families with kids ranging from 4-13 y/o having only one huge van since we dont go to same area attractions daily. My friends was so happy with my choice. Planning to stay here again next time we go back to Florida, soon! Highly recommended!

Room Tip: building 1 is closest to the lounge and pool area..
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends