All reviews lighthouse key resort trundle bed movie theater bedroom condo three bedroom lake view laundry room large families large kitchen full size washer and dryer disney parks poolside bar pool area business center beautiful resort home away from home living area
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Spent the week of Jan.7 2013 at Lighthouse. A beautiful resort that was very peaceful on this off peak week. Friendly staff greeted us at check-in and explained some of the resort features and area attractions. Our room's balcony overlooked the fairly large (for a smaller resort) pool area. My wife and I are very particular about our room cleanliness and came prepared with disinfecting wipes and spray. We took to cleaning the bathrooms and kitchen and found that everything was spotless. Bravo to the cleaning staff. That fact allowed us to be completely comfortable in our room for the entire stay. Having a two bathroom suite in a resort makes life so easy when preparing to go out on the town. The full kitchen is great for having a leisurely breakfast and late night snacks. Keeping water/wine and fruit in the fridge makes it much more homey. My only problems are minor and probably insignificant to most people. The TV's are flat screens but older LCDs that throw a lot of heat and the bedroom didn't have an HDMI input. The other is just the fact that I am spoiled from a memory foam mattress at home. The bed was a little lumpy for my liking. In my opinion, all resorts should upgrade to platform beds with memory foam mattresses. Despite these two silly dislikes, this resort is a fantastic place to spend your time.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank vcorde
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The perfect place for a family vacation to gather while visiting Orlando parks. Conveniently close to Disney parks back entrance, access to all location. We rented a three BR condo and for a family if 5 was ideal. Very clean. Very spacious rooms and family room. Excellent value for the condo and ideal location. Wish they had finish building the rest of the resort, will had looked much nicer. Great place to go and rent for an Orlando family vacation.

Room tip: Ask for high floor and lake view
3  Thank Jose C
Reviewed January 3, 2013

we were very happy with the condo, furnishings were nice, artwork nicely done. If you are counting on Wi Fi, don't, bring an ethernet cable. If you have a mac you will not get Wi Fi at all. Tech support said they couldn't help and that i just had to disconnect and reconnect, did not work. I had to go buy a cable to connect. other then that we would definitely return. just not xmas week in december....BRRRRRRRRRRRR

Room tip: we got the 2 bedroom, our boys are 12 and 13 so the trundle bed worked. Any older this would have been awkward. also request poolside or lakeside. we requested 1st floor but there are elevators so any floor would be good.
1  Thank vipercupholder
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Extremely clean with large rooms and nice furnishings. Well appointed kitchen except for the extremely limited amount of dishes and flatware, so be prepared to run the dishwasher after every meal if there are more than two of you. Ten minutes from Disney and about twenty-five minutes from the dining district around the convention center. Unit looked exactly like it was pictured on-line. Very spacious. We had a two bedroom unit that slept six and could actually seat six at the dining room table. Noise from adjacent resort was an issue on two nights during our stay, but Lighthouse Key was otherwise peaceful. Best thing is the price. You must book directly to get the best deal; we got two extra nights by buying three, so the entire five night stay cost less than $550. Booking agent was extremely friendly and helpful. Signage at the road is minimal, so if you don't have GPS, be sure to keep your eyes peeled as property numbers in the area are difficult to see from the road.

Room tip: Top floor offers less noise and views of nightly fireworks at Disney. Building Two is away from any noise generated from the pool area and it overlooks a small lake to the rear.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank LochnessConnecticut
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We just returned from the National Football championships in Kissimmee Florida and a week at the Lighthouse Key Resort. Although we were not there to go to the parks, we were able to sneak to them a few times! Let me say, LAST YEAR we took a big trip to Florida and stayed on property, and I have to say, I think we were closer to the central park station (monorail/boats) from this condo, then we were at our on property (overpriced) disney resort (the carribean). This is a terrific value and beautiful accomodations for a long stay in the Orlando area... Let me tell you why:

1) Location:
as I said, we were MINUTES from the central ticket / parking location for magic kingdom/monorail station. There are great kid friendly (read: KIDS EAT FREE) restaurants closeby (Houlihans, Ale House, Texas Roadhouse, Mcdonalds) within a mile if not walking distance, and a Super Target for groceries and essentials.

2) Kitchen:
FULL kitchen. Granite counters, full fridge, microwave, stovetop, oven, toaster, coffee pot, pots, pans, plates, cutlery, ANYTHING you need to prepare a meal.

3) Laundry:
Full size washer/dryer in an IN ROOM laundry room

4) Room:
I stayed in a 3 bedroom/3 bath condo. 2 masters with onsuites, HUGE JET tubs, double sinks, separate water closets, 3rd bed with two twins and hallway bathroom, dining room, living room, TVs in every room with satellite HBO. great balcony overlooking a lake, definately ask for this view. gorgeous sunrises. Comfy, stylish furniture.

5) Parking:
Free - Gated during the day -

6) Clubhouse:
beautiful, good pool and hot tub (not great jets, but the hot water does the trick after day of walking). Had a full size gameroom, theatre room showing free movies a few times a day, snack bar and bar ( we didn't use any of this)

7) Service:
We had a few things break - Staff was right there to fix them, apologize, etc.... we had one mid week maid service. Very nice.

PRICE PRICE PRICE.... I had a deal with football, but I know that the prices are pennies on the dollar compared to on property.

So the few things that were not so great, just to be aware of:

1) Mattresses: OK, not great. SHEETS, thin need replacing (I am just being picky...) could use more pillows (I would bring my own next time)

2) I didn't see a "spa" so if you are going for pampering, I would pick a higher scale more expensive resort. this is for families going to the parks....

3) Hallways are dark and are a bit old, smell of old stucco when we first got there, I paniced a bit, but once I was in my room, it was 100% great!

4) Lake can be a bit noisy at night... resort across the lake has nightly dance party of somesort. pretty loud if your sliding glass doors are open.

5) LOTS of turkey vultures. pretty weird.

Final word: GREAT PLACE FOR FAMILIES who want to cook, sleep, have elbow room, etc. very nicely appointed with nounessential frills. Makes you feel great about what you are paying for.

Room tip: Ask for a view of the LAKE - its gorgeous and the sun rises over it... BUT if you are sensitive to early evening noise, DO NOT ASK for this view, stick with the parking lot because across the lake is a Holiday Inn resport with a nightlife!!! If the sliding doors are closed, you will be fine.
6  Thank kelleyarizona