1,095 results
All reviews cleaning fee living room free dvd rentals bahama bay full kitchen three bedroom laundry room washer and dryer high chair toilet paper twin beds stayed in building third bedroom screened balcony disney parks dvd player garbage bags
Reviewed January 23, 2012

We went to FL for WDW Marathon Weekend and stayed at Caribe Cove. The resort exceeded our expectations. We had 4 adults in the 2 bedroom Aruba unit and had plenty of room. The location was perfect with plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. Close to Walt Disney World but you would need a car. The unit was clean and fully stocked with all appliances, dishes, etc. The pool was clean and the staff was very friendly. Would like to have wifi in the units (ethernet cable was provided). We would return on our next visit to the area.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank hsmall
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I had seen all of the complaints about the beds prior to booking our 1 week stay at Caribe Cove but I thought perhaps it wasn't "that bad". I went down with a friend and I had the short straw in the bedroom lottery (2 bedroom unit) so I had the two twin beds and my friend had the room with the king bed. I'm a small person (115 pounds) so I don't much compress any mattress, but these didn't need to be compressed to be uncomfortable! Springs on the surface all but poking through and the noisiest box springs I've ever heard. Every time I flipped or flopped to try to pretzel myself around the sticking out springs I would wake myself up with the box spring noises. I could hear every time my friend rolled over in the other room due to his box spring noises. Just awful, really, and all we wanted to do was sleep well after being on the golf courses every day for a week. I complained on check out and was told that there is a new management company that will be replacing all of the beds in two weeks time, (if true that's early Feb, 2012). My suggestion would be to call and ask if this has happened before you book.

Otherwise, the furniture is dated and not very comfortable but not awful. Clean inside the apt and around the resort. We were on the 3rd floor and didn't see any bugs. Drains in our unit were slow (tub mostly) and toilet plugging happened to us and our neighbours but they do provide a plunger in every unit! ;-) The kitchen was very well appointed but the cleaning staff don't leave a thing behind for the next people (in part to supplement their incomes I'm sure), so be prepared to bring your own everything - from laundry and dish detergent to salt, pepper, sugar for your coffee, condiments, etc. etc. There are no cleaning supplies in the units so you can't just give your sink, tub or dishes a quick scrub. Close to Walmart, Publix and a Super Target and tons of restaurants yet on the edge of the noise and confusion in the west end.

The internet is wired with only wireless in the clubhouse. We brought a wireless router so that iPads and tablets could be used in the unit... it was very nice to have, and doesn't take much room in your suitcase.

I would recommend this property to friends and would return myself but for the BEDS.

I would appreciate knowing from another reviewer if they've been replaced as promised.. :-)

Room Tip: Bring your wireless router if you want wireless internet!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank CanadianGolfer945
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here. The condos are very quiet and the rooms are very nice. We loved our full kitchen and two full bathrooms. We stayed in the 3 bedroom and it was the size of a nice house inside. The only downfall was the 65$ cleaning surcharge and the "heated" pool was FREEZING cold.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Staying there as I write this. Hidden fees .. Overpriced considering beds are hard and livingroom furn is wicker not comfy. Fairly spacious. Pool says heated but seemed not to be. Desk staff was ok. Was supposed to be in a 3 br but got put in a 2! Condo wasnt very clean. Sauna and steam room were nice. Overall there are much better deals around Orlando/ Kissimmee.

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank kaydayFL
Reviewed January 15, 2012

As mentioned in other reviews we paid the resort fee and the cleaning fee. At the time it did not seem to be unreasonable, until after we found out what level of service we received. When we have paid such fees at time shares, the service and resort was worth the extras. The resort is a very nice property. The lawns are clipped and cleaned, the driveways and parking lots are very well kept. The exterior of the buildings look promising, polished and tidy. Then you get inside. Dated colors, dated applicances, dated furniture, limited appeal. The DVD player and TV are basic bargin units. Wi-Fi should be a basic funtion of any resort, but not here. Maybe Apple will make an Ipad you can plug in to an ethernet cable someday. A call to the front desk for additional towels was denied. They have already stocked the room with a sufficent number of towles, no more was nessecary. A request for toilet paper, resulted in directions to a shoppng center to purchase our own. What was the resort fee for???? Nice quiet resort, big spacious rooms, close to the places you want to visit, but the 80's are are gone, and I have no desire to revisit. Next time we will find resort from the current decade.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family