1,095 results
All reviews cleaning fee living room free dvd rentals bahama bay full kitchen three bedroom laundry room washer and dryer high chair toilet paper twin beds stayed in building third bedroom screened balcony disney parks dvd player garbage bags
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We travel to Orlando at least once a year. Last year we stayed at Caribe Cove for the first time (before it became a Wyndham property). I regret not writing a review then as we had a phenomenal experience. Based on last year, we decided to book the resort again this year expecting to have the same or even better experience than last year, considering the Wyndham brand reputation. Unfortunately, it wasn't so.

Our group consisted of 12 people therefore, we needed two 3-bedroom units, prefereably side-by-side; which we specified at the time of booking. In order to accommodate this request I made sure to book well in advance. I made our reservation through Hotels.com on July 17 for an October 12 check-in. Take note that, when you book through Hotels.com you prepay your stay. So, we were all set 3 months in advance. Upon check-in, we were told we had been assigned two 2-bedroom units when we had paid for bigger ones. We had to insist on getting the units we had booked and paid for as getting our money back and going somewhere else was not an option. After spending over an hour at reception, we were finally given keys to two 3-bedroom units that were not even located in the same building, let alone side-by-side (as had been requested 3 months before)! As we opened one of the units we found we had been assigned a room that was already occupied!!! Back to reception to get a different room. Not something you want to experience at the very start of your weekend getaway. We were all very nervous that we too, would have unexpected visitors.

The next day, we arrived at 11:00pm to find that all 3 key cards for one of the rooms had been deactivated. Add about 45 minutes to finding our reservation and obtaining new key cards.

The property itself is pretty well-kept; inside and out. The usual wear and tear you would find in any property but the units are clean and very well equipped (i.e. kitchen). Location is great! Far enough that you feel secluded but minutes away from attractions and restaurants. Wifi is included as well as movie rentals at reception. The only negative that should be mentioned are the mattresses, they are extremely hard (they were not so last year). Felt like the most inexpensive option available.

The property is fantastic overall but we will definitely think twice before staying here again. The hassles were unacceptable, considering that we booked so far in advance.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
OrlandoResorts, Manager at Caribe Cove Resort Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you for the kind things you review about Caribe Cove, and we are glad that you you had a generally enjoyable repeat stay.

We are concerned to hear of the problems you encountered at check and our General Manager will be in touch privately to obtain more details so that we can fully investigate this.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Better than advertised & service tops in my book
Check in/out:
The check in process was smooth and uneventful. We were allowed to check in an hour or so early without additional cost. The desk clerk clearly and carefully explained the cleaning fee and the resort fee without being prompted and made sure that I understood these things as well as them putting $200 on hold on my credit card. We were given enough door keys for all in the group and a video rental card so that all videos we wished to rent from the machine in the lobby were free for 24 hours. I was also provided with the high-speed wireless security information, parking ticket and additional information and out to my villa in under 5 minutes. The check out process is very simple and under one minute. Information for the check out is given at check in. (Did you notice I did not mention the concierge service that tries to sell time shares and other things? While they are in the building they did not say a word to any of us. They did smile in our direction though. This also made the stay more enjoyable.) A map of the location was not provided nor did I find one online for the complex or the villas. We would have appreciated these things in advance as part of our happy anticipation for the stay. A map spelling out exactly where the villa was as well as the exact location for the recycling, garbage disposal and the rest of the complex would have been nice upon arrival and would have saved us time during the visit. (I mention this here because I know the facility management looks at these reviews and I believe that they carefully, in an orderly fashion work to enhance the experience of the stays.)
Staff:
All of the staff I had an opportunity to interact with were friendly, well mannered, communicative and easily understandable. Some are evidently multilingual. Even though I understood the fee structure before arrival I inquired of several aspects of the fees and the explanations were provided in an unhurried and friendly manner. We did have some maintenance issues that came up during the stay. These also were handled in a fast, friendly way. So much so that I am glad that we had some issues to cause the need for interacting with the maintenance staff.
Let me explain. First our internet did not work. My custom is to go to the front desk when I have any issue to look the person in the eye I am talking with. I did this. I was told someone would help me right away. With skeptical thought I was returning to the villa when I heard the work order called over the two-way radios the staff use. I was afraid then the repair man would get to my villa before I got there. I arrived about 15 minutes before he did. I notice the antenna for the wifi in a closet as I checked in so I expected that he would need to do some work there and so on. However, he asked to look at my computer instead. As I was getting my complaining ready he pointed out he had already fixed the issue and was just checking to see all was in good order. It turned out to be better service than I expected.
Still I had a second chance to catch them with a service issue. This time the air conditioner had a problem and there was water on the utility room floor. Again superior service was provided! The repairman had the problem fixed with new parts in under an hour and he even cleaned up the mess, spotlessly. I do not get service anywhere near this good at home.
Housekeeping:
This is a gated complex, with a gate that suggests quality. A great deal of care has gone into keeping the grounds trim and pleasing. Even though the facility is not in the middle of nowhere it has a secluded feel. We found no foul dumpsters or anything to complain about in this section of the review, they garbage canisters are like you find in residential areas and are policed frequently. The buildings, while showing signs of use, are in good repair and kept orderly and clean.
The Villa:
The first impression of the villa is like we had taken a vacation rental where we moved into someone else’s home while they were elsewhere. I noticed a bleached spot on a carpet where some careless guest must have dropped a bleach bottle in the utility room and there were other signs of age and use. Upon closer examination we all noticed that the entire villa was very, very clean. The cleaning fee was definitely put to good use. There was even evidence that the furniture had been moved during the vacuuming process. I could not find dust, hair, or anything anywhere, and I did really look hard for these things (check my other reviews). In fact I would say that an outstanding cleaning job was done before our stay. I found none of the problems that are mentioned in the reviews that are poor or negative. The ventilation does allow you to hear from one room to another, if you really listen for it. This I think is a plus if you are bringing children with you and you want to keep an eye on them, without it being obvious. As far as outside the villa noises, we all were very surprised to see the complex was nearly full, we had no idea. I could hear an occasional noise, while I was specifically listening for it and it was silent in ours, from the apartment above ours. So the whole stay really felt like we had a cottage in the woods that was a short walk to a nice pool and exercise room. Lounging on the completely screened in with no holes patios was very nice. Even people who don’t like Florida insects will feel safe there.

The beds where comfortable. We must have had the new mattresses.

We really liked the villa. I hope we stay here again. I am always hunting a bargain with value.
Location:
The location is west on 192 from Disney Main Gate and a little away from everything else. Still there is a store of sorts on the grounds, that you do pay twice what you would elsewhere and if you don’t want to travel a mile down the road. So really it is not far from anything. It just has a relaxing secluded feel. Just off of 192 with many trees buffering the noise of traffic.
Internet:
The internet connection is unique to each villa and therefore gives the feeling of greater security. There is plenty of bandwidth to use and we did try our best to use it up. The in villa wireless connection is not advertised anywhere I could find it. If I had I would not have been as apprehensive of staying here. All in all very happy with the wifi.
Helpful hints:
Read the guest book that is on your kitchen counter so you get no surprises in how this resort works. Read also all of the information provided at check in. There is information there that will give you a better stay and check out experience. Complimentary coffee is in the club house. There are changing rooms, saunas, spas and exercise area also located there. A relaxing view is also found at the club house patio. To save money at area venues I suggest sorting through the discounts to be found in coupon and information books and maps located in the hallway to the bath and changing rooms.
Additional Information:
Just a little farther west on 192 you will find route 27. Just north on 27 there are shopping and eating choices.

Room Tip: Request ground floor for best access.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank DrOfAvarici
OrlandoResorts, Manager at Caribe Cove Resort Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to write such a complete review.

We are all very glad that you enjoyed your stay and had such a positive experience.

We will certainly take the constructive points you make to heart, and as you say, we do genuinely attempt to use such suggestions to further increase our guests satisfaction.

Thank you very much once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Caribe Cove very soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We visit Florida almost every year and usually stay in a private villa with pool. This trip we needed somewhere to stay for a few nights before our villa became available. Having scoured trip advisor we decided Caribe Cove would be a nice place to stay for a few nights and were very pleasantly surprised! We booked direct with the owner of an apartment (Pauline) who dealt with our booking in a very swift and professional manner. The condo was much bigger than expected, spotlessly clean and well equipped. The pool was very close to the apartment, just accross the road, large and clean with lots of seating/loungers. The staff in the lobby area were very helpful. Having previously owned a villa on the east end of kissimmee for years the slog to disney and along the 192 was getting to be a pain but we are now getting to know the west side of Kissimmee near the 27 and this end is so much more convenient for Disney and the I4. I would book this apartment again (direct through the owner) for a hassle free trip to Disney.

Room Tip: Higher floors serviced by a lift which was fine. Book direct with owner for a great value and service.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Lucylovesflorida
OrlandoResorts, Manager at Caribe Cove Resort Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for posting your review, and all the great things you said about Caribe Cove.

We will certainly share your great review with our owners, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Caribe Cove soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We have stayed at a few different condos in this area and this was by far the most spacious. We were able to check in early, which was wonderful with tired small children. Somewhat clean, we did have to pick up some garbage off the floor. Enjoyed the tvs in each room and wifi. Screened balcony was great. With the fees i paid however, at least one visit from a housekeeper would have been appreciated.

Room Tip: Staying in the first building is prime to pool and entrance
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your review, we're very glad you enjoyed the stay and that you found Caribe Cove so spacious. We love the screened porches too!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Overall this was a very nice resort. We arrived early and we were able to check in. Our only complaint about checking in was that there were no luggage dollies to help you get all your stuff to your condo. We had a problem with one of the tvs and the internet service. After calling the front desk someone was over within an hour. Considering we have stayed at places where they never showed I thought this was great. The beds were uncomfortable and very noisy. Everything else was fine. The pool and hot tub were nice. They also have free DVD rentals which was a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed: September 2012
OrlandoResorts, Manager at Caribe Cove Resort Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review.

We're very glad you had such a good time.

It's true that sometimes there are 'technology' problems, but our aim is to address these as soon as we can. We're pleased that this was fixed to your satisfaction so fast.

We will certainly take you suggestion about luggage dollies seriously.

We are also addressing the beds, and our apologies that you had unit where these have not yet been replaced.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Caribe Cove soon.