1,099 results
All reviews cleaning fee living room free dvd rentals bahama bay full kitchen steam room three bedroom laundry room washer and dryer twin beds stayed in building screened balcony disney parks dvd player ice maker second bedroom home away from home
Reviewed March 10, 2010

To start, I think the resort still had more positive than negative. We had the 3 bedroom, it was large and all usable space. The location was close and convenient to everything we wanted to do. Every kind of restuarants you could want less than 2 miles up the road.

When we checked in, we were given a room on the ground floor. I entered the room and everything in the room was not quite right. The lamp shades were not on the lamps as the bulbs were too large for the lamp shades; there were 3 large sliding glass doors out to the patio, although the doors were closed, the doors could not be locked at all(that is an uncomfortable feeling); all of the bulbs in the ceiling lights were of different brightness and watts.

With the patio doors not able to lock, I packed up everyone and went back to the front desk. I told him of my issues with the room and told him to please select another room, the best one they have. He asked if I would prefer to have maintenance come to the room. I said absolutely not, I am on vacation, do your maintenance on your own time. I also mentioned that this resort charges a $65.00 cleaning charge, It did not seem to me that they are doing a good job at the cleaning and maintence for the amount of money they are charging.

My next room, everthing was in order, I was very happy with the room. Of course until it was bed time. The best way to describe the mattress is cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap. Feels like a total of 6 to 8 springs in the entire mattress. The mattress will completely colapse when you move on it. The springs make a tremendouse amount of noise with any movement on the bed - "ping, chung, kong, boing" - you get the picture. We actually were all laughing, our stomachs hurt, the mattresses were so bad it was funny. But joking aside, I do not have any back problems, but after two nights sleeping on this mattress, my back hurt. Nor was I able to sleep, just tossed and turned all night. It was the mattress. And that is not funny.

I did complain the morning of check-out to the front desk - I told them that I am sure that you have had complaints about your mattresses before, the girl smiled and said yes. I went on to state that for the prices that they are charging, they need to upgrade the mattresses. She smiled and said yes. I told her that I am 44 years old and in my entire life I have never slept on such a poor mattress. She again smiled, I think this time hoped that I would shut up and go away. I did. But not without thinking to myself that when I get home I am going to write a reveiw. By the way, I have never written a review before. It is with the hope that someone at the resort reads it and orders new mattresses.

Date of stay: March 2010
1  Thank TJFLL
Reviewed March 9, 2010

We booked the 3 bedroom, 2 bath condo. I read so many reviews AFTER we had booked our trip but BEFORE we went on vacation tahyt I was worried I had made the wrong choice.... We were a family of 9 and that being my husband and myself plus our 4 kids 14.11.4.3 plus my sister and her 2 kids 9 & 6 mths old.

The minute we walked in and got settled in, I knew we had made the perfect choice. Yes we did go out and buy several bath towels plus some groceries and dish soap and laundry at the nearby Super target. So we did do laundry on a regular basis but we went home with CLEAN clothes.

This place was so worth the money for 5 nights. And though its a little bit of a ride to the theme parks it was still worth it because of the $$ we saved to stay off propety. I would recommend it to anyone....

And if a little dust worries you, bring some anti-bacterial wipes and do a light cleaning and whatnot prior to use. It was nice to come back after being at dif theme parks all day and part into the night. For dinners, we didnt feel like cooking so we ordered take-out from pizza to Chinese Food etc... We used the dishes that were provided and if anyone wanted leftovers there was a microwave to re-heat. The fridge we had stocked with juices and sodas and was alwas good to go....

If you're looking for a wonderful and money saving hug rental - we recommend this place!! I dont know about rude front desk staff either as we gave our names and checked in and was in a clean place pretty fast... BTW - we didnt count on checking in early...we went to gatorland for the morning and part of the afternoon to avoid that headache....

2  Thank LeighLasVegas
Reviewed March 2, 2010

I went to the resort with my family. My daughter said wow its smells like your new car when it was new. I guess its that new furniture or carpet smell. I believe this is one the newer resorts only a couple years. That's very important to us we dont like it run down.
The rooms are extremely spacious above the average. The people are not that experience but are really nice you can tell they try , but for the price and what you get. You can't beat it.

1  Thank ldmantrip
Reviewed February 28, 2010

Prior to our visit, we read the reviews on Trip Advisor and had done so with out last FL resort. The previous resort rated poorly but turned out to be an above average place to stay. The Caribe, on the other hand, seemed to have an overall positive rating but turned out to be a poor choice. Although the location was relatively quiet with large sized accommodations and nice bathrooms, the negatives outweighed anything that was likable about the place. It began with the reservation process when the agent told us that we may be able to check-in early if we are in the area--a statement that was totally false. When we arrived at the check-in counter, the clerk kept putting us off and did NOT set a good standard for customer service agents. She told us that the room was being cleaned and to check back later, which turned out to be an untruth. When we finally received our room assignment, we could easily see that the rooms had not been cleaned anytime recently nor was any attention paid to detail. (This fact is a disturbing one because guests are required to pay a 65 dollar cleaning charge with each visit.) There was a layer of dust on several pieces of the furniture, makeup stains on articles in the bathroom and a dirty pan in the oven. Moreover, the beds were uncomfortable and there was a constant glare of fluorescent balcony lights that shines in one bedroom to the effect of full but unnatural daylight. Even with two layers of bed coverings over the window, the light still came through. The walls are also thin and the neighbors' televisions and toilets can be heard in the bedrooms. On some mornings, the water was only lukewarm when showering. There was only one packet of dish soap, which was a huge inconvenience because there was also a shortage of cooking pots and pans. The pool area closed way too early in the evenings. If they want to improve this place, they can begin by offering more thoughtful customer service agents. They should not pretend that early check-in is possible and certainly not employ rude agents at the check-in counter. They need to install light blocking shades, paint the walls, clean the rugs, replace the mattresses and springs, and stock this vacation place with adequate amounts of necessary items. With all of the choices of places to stay in FL, I do not recommend this one.

2  Thank travelgooses
OrlandoResorts, Manager at Caribe Cove Resort Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2010

Dear Guests,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to read this management response.

At Caribe Cove, our goal is to always provide our guests with excellent service, terrific accommodations, and a beautiful property.

Our guests overwhelmingly report that they loved their stay with us, and everything about the property inlcuding our friendly staff.

The guest accommodations at Caribe Cove are extremely spacious two and three bedroom suites, ranging from about 1,200 to 1,600 square feet. Check out time is at 10:00 am, and it takes or housekeeping staff four to five hours to fully clean each suite. Having a check out time of 10:00 am, and a check-in time of 4:00 pm allows us to ensure that each suite is properly cleaned to our high standards prior to each new arrival.

If there was any confusion regarding check-in times with this guest, we apologize. To avoid these situations, all of our booking, pricing, and check-in / check-out policies are listed on our web site, and those of third party travel providers.

All of the guest rooms are very well insulated for both energy conservation and noise abatement. The walls are fully insulated, and the buildings are constructed of steel and concrete, making them safe, sound, and free from noise problems.

The unit interiors are well appointed, and again, our guests rate the accommodations and the room layouts very highly.

We appreciate this guest's comments, but we simply do not agree with a majority of this posting. Please bear in mind that Caribe Cove has remained one of the top resort properties in the Orlando area since it opened in 2007.

Additionally, while we appreciate forums like TripAdvisor, please know that these forums are sometimes used unfairly in an effort to pressure resorts to issue a refund where none is justified.

The internet is a double edged sword, provding both legitimate information, and occasionally inaccurate information posted simply in an effort to obtain a refund--even where there were absolutely no problems during the guest's stay.

We look forward to having you as our guest at Caribe Cove, and we know you and your family will have a terrific time!

Reviewed January 26, 2010

This condo was perfect for our family of 5. We traveled to Disney on a budget. We looked at hotels, but really wanted a kitchen to keep the dining costs down. With young kids, dining out can get to be a hassle as well! We found this condo online and took a chance. Two big rooms, huge closets (one we used as the kids' playroom/toyroom!), two full baths, balconies, full kitchen, dining room, living room with pullout (our tween just slept on the couch), in room internet cable with free access (bring your laptop) or use their computers in the lobby. The list goes on.... This is new construction, so right now everything is in great shape. Remember that this is a condo, so no room services, change of sheets, etc. They provide linens and very basic kitchen items, towels, pots and pans, coffee maker (no filters). Bottom line - great deal, cheap, VERY CLEAN, close to Disney, and the kids LOVED it!

Date of stay: December 2009