“Watch out for hidden fees...”

Legacy Vacation Resorts
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Our reservation was made thru the website, cheaphotels.com. The pictures shown were excellent, but what we didn't see were the hidden fees. There is a cleaning fee (which should be included in the cost of the room) and a "resort" fee! I read an earlier review and it was recommended to ask for a remodeled room so I did so while booking the room; however, that information was not conveyed to the hotel staff. There was a lot of confusion while the front desk staff tried to explain their property. We were told there was an additional fee of $30 to stay in a remodeled room. The manager, "Kat," saved the day by upgrading the room free of charge and that made a big difference in our overall experience.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank derbycity35

Reviewed 16 July 2011

The appartment could do with a total revamp- looks and feels like a cheap old hotel room, when actually facilities good - dishwasher, washer/drier,stove etc
Nails sticking up from carpet.
Table a bit wobble.
Bath very difficult to get into- nothing to hold onto when 'climbing high steps'
Vitually no sound proofing in walls.
Staff very friendly and helpful.
All basic facilities that you need in the appartment.
Appartment clean.
I would hope that this appartment is on the list for being re-done!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Rex002
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Nice staff but would not stay again!
A lot of discrepancies with the Villas for now that I would not stayed if I only knew ahead of time. We had to buy air fresheners to eliminate such odor. We understand Villas are not completely done yet but why renting them??? We found unsafely issues such as nail/screw sticking out from the dinning chair that you won’t have a clue it was there until you sit on it and punctured, another nail/screw sticking out under the kitchen overlay counter where the high chair place that toddler or adult could possibly injured if picking up something underneath. Addressed the issues but no one came to fix it; therefore I have to put note for ourselves to avoid injury.

Nice Staff – easy to deal with.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank juweng
Reviewed 7 July 2011

On arrival the front desk couldn't find our booking, although I had the required documentation they kept us waiting for over 45 mins and offered no apology. The mini suite we had was ok although a bit on the small side for 3 people. We had to ask for our room to be cleaned after 7 days so don't expect maid service as standard. The staff were friendly but didnt appear to be able to help advise us on local attractions, restaurants or directions they were totally clueless. The main pool area was nice and would have been better if they had entertainment in the evenings to keep guest occupied. Ok for the money but would not stay there again

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Susie0712
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Let me first say that tripadvisor.co.uk should NOT automatically link this place to Celebrity. Celebrity went bankrupt and this place is under new ownership. The new owners are investing lots of money into this place and I was suitably impressed considering some of the negative reviews I had read before the trip. It is just not fair to Legacy and I will write to tripadvisor later to fix this apparent misjustice (1 start to Trip advisor here! Not professional guys, not at all!)

Three of us went to holiday in Orlando from 10 to 24th July 2011 through Thomas Cook (my wife and my mother) and we stayed in a 1 bed villa. The villa was very clean, spacious, well furnished (high quality furniture, cooker, oven, microwave, plus 2 tv sets (1 in living room and 1 in the bedroom), toilet with jacuzzi.

It can be a bit loud at night depending on who your neighbour is. You should always bring good quality earplugs, irrespective where you stay. I stayed in 5 star hotels and it can be just as loud. The biggest inconvenience was the lack of free internet in the room. I had to go to the reception if I wanted to use the free Legacy wifi. The location if fantastic, just next to W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy and short drive to International Drive, and all the major parks.

The Legacy offers discounted park tickets if you agree to a 90 minutes meeting with one of their sales guys. I read in some earlier reviews that some people didn't like that, but they were not pushy at all and you can always say 'No' and buy tickets at the gate. We did attend that sales pitch. Although we didn't buy the time share, Legacy paid us back nearly 100 dollars on our theme part tickets (just for our time). They kept their word.

The staff was VERY friendly. Location is good. And for the money, it is one of the best places you can stay.

Thank you to all at Legacy for making this a great and memorably holiday. Keep up the good work.

John Spencer, UK

Room Tip: Stay at a 1 bed villa or above
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank johnsienk
Reviewed 26 May 2011

I was a bit skeptical given the older reviews I read about this place, but we were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the room. We booked this as timeshare, for a girls-only trip. But I will return with our family and it would meet our needs perfectly.

We booked a 2 bedroom condo. The 2-story condo is on the 2nd and 3rd floor walkup. I can see where that might be daunting after a day at the parks, with young kids and lots of baggage. However, we were placed in the back of the resort, and were quiet. We had a renovated room that looks pretty much like the photos on their site. The kitchen was well appointed and would meet a family's needs for a week. The flat screen TVs were nice touch. The cable reception was a bit fuzzy for non-HD channels, and it was worse upstairs than downstairs. The full bath downstairs was good. They provided basic toiletries (soap, shampoo). The full bath upstairs had a low flow toilet that required 2 or 3 flushes, annoying to use. The jacuzzi bath with the hand held showerhead was really a pain in the neck to get in/out and to use. Management will need to install a shower curtain for this setup; I drenched the bathroom a couple of times accidentally while turning on the water. Also, the jacuzzi is so noisy that when the downstairs neighbors used theirs, we could hear everything upstairs. The walls seemed thin, and we could hear our neighbors' conversations, but we fortunately didn't have neighbors for most of the stay. The bath towels are cheap hotel quality but the sheets were decent and the bed was comfortably firm. The condo seemed clean for the most part and the kitchen seemed very clean. Parking is convenient in front of the unit, and free. Check-in was fast and efficient. We didn't get any upsell/time share hard sell (perhaps because we were staying there on timeshare already).

Our only complaint was the air conditioning. My friend and I both had stuffy noses and congestion while staying in the room, which mysteriously cleared up while we were out for the day. We checked out the air conditioner and it appeared to have panels removed, no filter, and was very dirty.

Management was responsive and quick when we asked for more paper supplies. They also called to tell us they were doing work and had the water shut off during the day.

There appeared to be a wireless access point located in the condo, but no instructions on how to access it (either free or for cost). That would have been helpful to include in the room. A guide to the local TV channels also would have been appreciated.

One pool was under renovation and two more were open. We did not use the pools but it appeared others did. We were far enough away that the noise of the families using them didn't bother us.

The location is great. We were close to a grocery store, a 24 hour pharmacy, and a Walmart. Easy distance to both Disney World and Universal.

I would stay in this room again, and I'm likely to book a 3 bedroom next year for my family for a week.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a renovated room.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank kbinsturner
Reviewed 3 May 2011

The reviews on this place were bad, however, I did not want to pay top dollar for a hotel. We were only staying in Orland for 2 days before heading to Daytona Beach. Our arrival day would be spent at our hotel, the next day was a trip to Typhoon Lagoon. I just needed a place to sleep and a pool for the kids.
Well, I was pleasantly surprised by Legacy Resorts. I booked it on Travelocity at a great price. 2 bedrooms, 3 TV's, 2 baths, full kitchen with granite counter tops, and nice furniture.
The pools were awesome! We were across the street from the hotel and it was nice. The pool attached to the bar is fine. It is separate and the kids are not exposed to anything bad. The activity center is great. We played Wii, miniture golf, and ping pong.

The only complaint I have is that you have to get your parking pass from a guy who is trying to talk you into a time share meeting. When I explained we didn't have time, he was rude. Also, I had to wait a long time for my parking pass as this guy spent 15 minutes setting up the guy in front of me for the time share meeting. NOTE TO LEGACY- let your desk help give out the parking pass and give people the option of speaking with the time share / events guy.

Staff is nice and we enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family