In fairness, this resort changed ownership from another company in September 2011.
We stayed in these suites in late October/November 2011. We booked two suites at this resort in July 2011 for 7 nights for $349 for each suite via AFVC. This is eighth different resort we have used in the Orlando area. It wasn’t the best and it wasn’t the worst. I will try not to compare this to other “timeshare” resorts in this review, and stick to the observations.
-Close to the parks, about 10-15 minutes away
-The staff was very friendly when we checked in and out.
-Internet in the “office” (really a snack bar with a Pentium II computer-no kidding a Pentium II computer with window Millennium on it), oh well, it worked, and after some effort, was able to print documents.
-Washer and Dryers in the suites (very small, but functional)
-Pretty clean rooms overall, no major issues
-Rooms were very musty and it took time to get the rooms cooled off daily, in LATE OCTOBER!
-They had a “pool party” nearly every night. Although it did end at 10:00 PM daily, it was REALLY loud from about 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM daily
-It took nearly 30 minutes to fill the Jacuzzi tub
-The pots and utinsils were very cheap and were not “non stick”, any cooking required major time cleaning
-The steps into the bathtub/Jacuzzi were amazingly slippery, we had to put towels down on the tiles to keep from killing ourselves.
-Although we had reservations for over 3 months, it took several hours for the hotel staff to unlock the adjoining rooms in both suites, make sure to notify the staff in order to have this done before, or shortly after you arrive.
-no balcony (like most of the other timeshares in the area)
-there was certainly no “community” atmosphere. This timeshare is on a major road, no real “views” to speak of.
Very convenient to food, shopping (wal-mart is 1.5 miles away, grocery store is 1 mile away, and Super Target is 2 miles away). Krispy Kreme, Cracker Barrel, and Walgreens Pharmacy are about 1/4 mile away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation in the heart of Central Florida’s most famous vacation destination – Orlando! Legacy Vacation Club Orlando located in Kissimmee, Florida puts all the magic, sun and fun virtually on your doorstep. You’re just minutes from the Walt Disney World® and Universal® Orlando theme parks, as well as the many other exciting attractions Orlando has to offer. Whether you need 1, 2 or 2-bedroom deluxe accommodations (2-bedroom deluxe suites sleep up to 8 guests), we’ll help you feel right at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Legacy Vacation Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Vacation Hotel Kissimmee
- Celebrity Hotel Orlando
- Celebrity Resorts Orlando
- Celebrity Resort Kissimmee
- Celebrity Resort Orlando
- Celebrity Hotel Kissimmee
- Legacy Vacation Resorts Kissimmee, Florida