1,438 results
All reviewsmain poolmain resortfull kitchenactivity centerfire pitliving roomrecommend this resortsplash padbasketball courtpool barwasher and dryerhot tubcheck in was easymini golfthree bedroomnice resortfitness center
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We originally booked to stay at Howard Johnson Tropical Palms in Kissimmee...it was AWEFUL dirty and nasty...then we booked out vacation stay last minute at Legacy and let me tell you it was wonderful....clean and friendly staff....will def recommend to stay and will sty again for sure...my whole family enjoyed :)

Room Tip: Loved it....all rooms ad everything
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Ana B
Reviewed March 23, 2012

We were placed in a one-bedroom suite that was extremely outdated (the electrical needed help... the box was hanging out of the wall), and very dark rooms... one lamp to a room is not sufficient in my book. This room should not have been rented until it was done being renovated, and they were not willing to move us, or discount us, for any of the inconveniences (how do 2 brand new tvs go bad in 2 different rooms?) Let's just say it looked good from the outside. I will say that the grounds and pool areas were pleasant and well kept, and the location is quite convenient to anywhere you need to go around the orlando/disney area.

3  Thank kjw55011
Reviewed March 23, 2012

We were greeted and treated immediately upon check-in by smiling super-friendly people.

Our rooms were generous in that we had asked for a very clean and updated suite for our special needs child. The hotel surprised us with a three bedroom suite rather than the two bedroom that we booked. It was immaculate and the few things that needed tweaking (one TV and one electrical outlet did not work) were addressed immediately by the hotel staff.

This property sells time shares and you are asked to attend a sales breakfast (we did not) but as a rental it is a wonderful bargain. We found this on Hotels.com at a discounted price and then it was reduced another ten dollars when we went in to changes dates by one day. A great bargain at $129.99! And, we were just minutes away from all the Disney things and just a few more minutes distance from SeaWorld and Universal.

I highly recommend this property because of the very efficient and polite staff. I have traveled a good bit, but this staff was so friendly and seemed genuinely caring about our needs, beyond the norm. Other than a few cosmetic things (this property was recently remodeled) the unit was perfect. We had three bedrooms, two baths, a full kitchen, two bars, a dining room, a living room, three TVs, four pools, and all we needed in the way of entertainment.

Be aware that shuttle service is arranged, but not included.

I highly recommend Legacy Vacation Villas in Kissimmee for any family who needs a bit of luxury on a small budget.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
4  Thank bobandbev_11
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We ended up with a studio adjoining a 1-bedroom so we had TONS of room (2 adults, 1 15-yr old). Things I liked: (1) the spaciousness; (2) pretty good location, very close to Disney, not too far to Universal; (3) grounds very nicely kept; (4) unit very clean upon checkin, (5) pools and hottubs very nicely maintained; (6) nice to have a bar at the main pool for cold beer and bad karaoke! (7) great to have a washer & dryer in the unit, this is a very convenient feature.

Things I did NOT like: (1) I've never been to a timeshare condo unit where there were no coffee filters, (2) no paper towels, (3) only 3 of each utensils and no soup spoons at all, (4) only ONE roll of toilet paper with no spare roll, (5) only 1 package of dishwasher detertergent, (6) no kettle for evening tea ... when we called the front desk to ask about these things, anyone with spoke with said it would be "their pleasure" to address these issues but in fact by the time we left after 7 nights, we had purchased our own coffee filters, salt & pepper ... finally got some spare TP, we raided the studio unit we also had for adequate cutlery, had rec'd more dishwasther detergent ... but never ever did we receive a kettle. It was just kind of odd. We had no bedspread, rather a bottom & top sheet, a blanket, and another sheet ... the decor was a little dated but I'm not Martha Stewart so I didn't lose any sleep at night, it was surprising to see 4 old-style TVs and not one flat screen plasma/LCD/LED type in sight. The ceiling fan in the master bedroom was pathetic (one blade was so badly bent that the fan was not functional) but when the pocket door to the bathroom came off the rail, we put in a service call and both these issues were fixed the same day, while we were out. We got the feeling that the unit we were in did not receive a whole lot of regular maintenance. The dishwasher detergent compartment door was non functional ... just a lot of little things.

Something we HATED: while the units are thankfully 100% smoke free, our "neighbours" in the adjoining unit smoked just outside their door so the only way down the common stairs was through a haze of 2nd hand smoke. They often had their unit door ajar, I'm quite sure their unit smelled strongly of smoke. Too bad that management didn't extend the smoke-free zone at least out to parking lot.

Overall, it was an OK place to stay and I'd go back there, when/if opportunity arises.

3  Thank DorothySJ
Reviewed March 18, 2012

This was our first stay here and it won't be the last. We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit. They are extremely spacious and very clean. The employees at the front desk were courteous and helpful. Traveling with 2 young children, I found this to be the perfect place to stay. It is about a 15 to 20 minute drive to Disney.

• Stayed: March 2012